Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

IJN airframe Fatigue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> IJN airframe Fatigue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IJN airframe Fatigue - 3/28/2013 7:21:04 PM   
CapnGreasy

Hello all. Apr 44 and have not really sortied the left overs of KB for a long while but I would like the air groups to be in tip top shape for the things to come.

Trying to get the fatigue levels of all the planes as close to none as possible. I know continuous ops at sea drive it up really well but have been trying to put the units at a base with plenty of supplies and support to A. train newbies up and B recover damage and fatigue to air frames.

A is working well, B not so good as I would like. Maybe because the land fighters/bombers either get shot down and eventually replaced with new air frames while the naval boys have been out of action for awhile but it seems like the carrier units stay stuck at 10-20's fatigue. And not flying for over 10 days.

Had them shipboard for 30 days plus with fatigue not going down as far as I would like so went the land base route. Anyway I may be just dreaming but does anyone think the air frames will ever go back to "like new"?

My other option of course is to upgrade the unit to really get new frames. This may require upgrading to older frame then back to new one. This may be my best bet but thought I would give a chance for discussion. Thanks for your comments/thoughts.
Post #: 1
RE: IJN airframe Fatigue - 3/29/2013 3:50:50 AM   
CapnGreasy

Thinking now fatigue never really does go down like damage, which can be repaired. Fatigue a reflection of hours flown? Still sure I remember resting units at sea and plane fatigue going down, just seems really slow at a base with more support.

Changing AC types at the base always helped repair all the new types faster than on board ship. May just train em some more till they almost fall apart in obsolete frames, then upgrade for sparkling new planes before deploying.

(in reply to CapnGreasy)
Post #: 2
RE: IJN airframe Fatigue - 3/29/2013 3:56:09 AM   
Lokasenna

Don't they get stood down for maintenance when they reach a certain fatigue level, which will "repair" the fatigue down to 0 or close to it? Don't have the manual on me at the moment...

(in reply to CapnGreasy)
Post #: 3
RE: IJN airframe Fatigue - 3/29/2013 5:55:56 PM   
Sardaukar

Yes, they get into Maintenance...but still beware, both pilot and aircraft fatigue increase the chance of Ops loss.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 4
RE: IJN airframe Fatigue - 3/29/2013 11:32:18 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapnGreasy

Thinking now fatigue never really does go down like damage, which can be repaired. Fatigue a reflection of hours flown? Still sure I remember resting units at sea and plane fatigue going down, just seems really slow at a base with more support.

Changing AC types at the base always helped repair all the new types faster than on board ship. May just train em some more till they almost fall apart in obsolete frames, then upgrade for sparkling new planes before deploying.

I think of damage as what front-line mechanics and sheet metal guys can fix day-to-day. The Fatigue tab shows deep, accumulated damage to the airframe and engine. To get rid of it the plane needs depot or IMA-level work. Tearing the engine down to the block and rebuiilding it sort of thing. Not the kind of repairs that could be done on carriers at sea. The game will let this happen, but it's slow, and it should be.

My experience is aircraft fatigue will go back to zero, or low single digits at least, but it can take a month or six weeks. Usually not worth that. I rest and knock fatigue down into the teens, then send them back up. Risky? Yes. So is not having planes.

As in so many cases, this decision is left up to the player. There's no right answer, and the answer might be different in 1945 than 1942.

The Moose

(in reply to CapnGreasy)
Post #: 5
RE: IJN airframe Fatigue - 3/30/2013 12:00:17 AM   
CapnGreasy

Thanks for the replies. I think Bullwinkle put it best. I actually admire the game more thinking about it that way. At least I am sure my opponent has to put up with the same thing. Especially since those 4E beasties have to travel from further afar, at least for now.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> IJN airframe Fatigue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI