Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% off…. everything!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% off…. everything! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% off….... - 3/28/2013 9:48:53 AM   
Philkian

Easter is finally here and we want to celebrate it with our special Egg Hunt! We are offering our loyal wargamers a great 10% discount off everything in our store.

All you have to do to enter the coupon code shown on our Easter Promo page . Enter this coupon code on the checkout page to get 10% off your order. Easy, isn’t it?

But there’s more…scattered around the website in news items and game pages you will find hidden Easter Eggs like this .

When you find an Easter Egg, move the mouse pointer over it and you’ll see the special coupon code. Enter this coupon code on the checkout page as above and you’ll get anything from 30%-50% off!. Each code can only be used 5 times so make sure you find it first!

All coupon codes are valid until the 3rd April. Only one coupon code can be redeemed at a time. Coupons cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or with gift cards. 10% coupons can be used multiple times, but 30% and 50% coupons are limited to 5 uses each.

What are you waiting for? It’s the perfect time for a wargamers scavenger hunt!

< Message edited by Philkian -- 3/28/2013 9:49:45 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 11:57:49 AM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/24/2018 12:07:53 PM >

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 2
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 2:56:21 PM   
nashvillen

By the time I saw it and found several of them (1x50% and 3x30%) all had expired. No fun in that.

Guess I am not trying anything new...

Back to my WITP:AE turns...

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 3
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 3:05:16 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

By the time I saw it and found several of them (1x50% and 3x30%) all had expired. No fun in that.

Guess I am not trying anything new...

Back to my WITP:AE turns...

So how do you know that they have expired?

Tony

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 4
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 3:36:19 PM   
nashvillen

Went to check out and put the codes in, one at a time, and each time there was a warning message that the code had expired.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 5
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 3:42:36 PM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/24/2018 12:08:11 PM >

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 6
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 3:49:21 PM   
IainMcNeil

Congratulations to those that found them. We obviously didn't hide them well enough! That's a lesson for next year.

Don't forget the 10% coupon is still valid for everyone on anything in the store. You wont do better than that till Christmas!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 7
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 5:11:32 PM   
nashvillen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Congratulations to those that found them. We obviously didn't hide them well enough! That's a lesson for next year.

Don't forget the 10% coupon is still valid for everyone on anything in the store. You wont do better than that till Christmas!

Received email from Matrix at 0759, by 0825 all the codes were gone.

Was going to try two new games, oh, well. Will stick with what I have and be happy with WITP:AE!

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 8
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 5:42:22 PM   
wodin

I saw one earlier and didn't know what it was about..oh hum.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 9
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 6:31:42 PM   
Raikkonen

Got a few games, thanks to the discount. Then wished I had gotten more and went over to Slitherine. Found a code on an odd page at 10 AM EST and it still worked, so I picked up a few more!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 10
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 6:37:43 PM   
rickn

quote:

Received email from Matrix at 0759, by 0825 all the codes were gone.

I got my email at 9 am EST, popped $120 bucks of stuff into my cart, found an egg immediately -- no good. Found 4 more over the next hour -- no good.

I guess you needed to be up early (by East Coast standards), watching their webpage for the early announcement, and not be working. By the time the email got to me, it was all over. Bummer -- I was salivating over a 30% discount.

I wonder if they are going to keep advertising the eggs, considering they've been used. It'll really crank up the page hits; I know they got a boatload out of me.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 11
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 7:06:45 PM   
RockKahn

I think it was great Matrix did this Easter egg hunt. Too bad more people didn't benefit from it. I tried a couple of codes for a few games I didn't really want that bad, so I wasn't that disappointed that the code didn't work. I just backed out of the purchase. I hate spending money on a game unless I really want it. There aren't any games currently available that I really want.

There are some on the horizon, though, like DW Shadows and the new version of Conquest of the Aegean, that I probably won't be able to resist. Hopefully, I can hold out until Christmas for those titles, but probably not.

I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.

(in reply to rickn)
Post #: 12
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 7:32:55 PM   
BigDuke66

So all eggs found, no codes left?

(in reply to RockKahn)
Post #: 13
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 8:12:24 PM   
nashvillen

I had only found the four. I have looked at every game on the website and the other tabs for other information, even the Press tab. Could have missed some, but got 1@50% and 3@30%.

For 10% off it isn't worth it for me to try something new. Sorry guys.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 14
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 11:37:54 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

This was our first time trying this and we clearly underestimated the response! The larger discount codes are all used up at this point, but the 10% code is good for all weekend long. Happy Easter!

If we do this again next year, we'll figure out a better way, so they can't all be found so quickly to give folks a better chance of finding eggs throughout the weekend.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 3/28/2013 11:39:34 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 15
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 11:46:46 PM   
jwarrenw13

A better way is to make sure I get one. Keep that in mind for next year.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 16
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 11:47:06 PM   
nashvillen

Thanks Erik!

Post #: 17
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/28/2013 11:53:46 PM   
budd

damn just got off work and got the email......all gone already.....o well maybe next year.
Couldn't find any on Slitherine site either, they must be gone too.

< Message edited by **budd** -- 3/28/2013 11:54:58 PM >

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 18
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/29/2013 9:58:27 AM   
dougo33

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

This was our first time trying this and we clearly underestimated the response! The larger discount codes are all used up at this point, but the 10% code is good for all weekend long. Happy Easter!

If we do this again next year, we'll figure out a better way, so they can't all be found so quickly to give folks a better chance of finding eggs throughout the weekend.

Regards,

- Erik

I realize that you do not have to do these types of promotions, but I appreciate the effort on your part. I am also glad you saw the short comings of the process, since I also did not get to fins any of the eggs that were hidden. no worries though. My hope was to get one so I could purchase another of your great titles

After dropping 80 dollars on WiTE, I had to appease the wife with about twice that much

Good luck on the future on these promos....I see WiTP AE on my Christmas list......

< Message edited by dougo33 -- 3/29/2013 9:59:44 AM >

Post #: 19
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/29/2013 4:06:42 PM   
Scott_WAR

If you want to have a sale,...have a sale. Don't do something that benefits a few and leaves most out in the cold.

< Message edited by Scott_WAR -- 3/29/2013 4:40:33 PM >

(in reply to dougo33)
Post #: 20
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/29/2013 6:32:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

We just went through and checked all the eggs and I have a bit of good news. There is still one egg on this site for 30% off that has not been found and used up. I'm posting this here for those that missed the earlier eggs. Good luck!

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 21
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/29/2013 8:29:39 PM   
Terminus

I thought this was a pretty cool little idea. Do something different.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Post #: 22
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/29/2013 11:49:08 PM   
Forwarn45

quote:

I thought this was a fun idea. If you do it again, you should just not "release" all the eggs at once. Add new eggs over a couple-day period after earlier ones are found.

Post #: 23
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/30/2013 12:13:35 AM   
budd

quote:

Hi guys,

We just went through and checked all the eggs and I have a bit of good news. There is still one egg on this site for 30% off that has not been found and used up. I'm posting this here for those that missed the earlier eggs. Good luck!

Regards,

- Erik

Just got home, that egg still loose?

Post #: 24
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/30/2013 11:29:20 AM   
Hertston

quote:

Hi guys,

Or you could just have a, you know.. Easter SALE! Like through Good Friday to Easter Monday?

WTF is the point if the codes 'expire' (why?) before we even get to Good Friday. Do you want us to buy games or not?

Post #: 25
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/30/2013 3:26:42 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hertston,

We ARE having an Easter sale. The 10% code is good through the holiday, no expiration and we posted the link in the announcement so you don't have to search for it. We just added to it these "eggs" with higher discount levels. I'm sorry if that was not clear from the announcement.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 26
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/30/2013 8:15:56 PM   
Greyshaft

Could someone tell me where an expired egg is on this site so I can understand what it looks like. I saw the eggsample in the original announcement but couldn't find one. Must admit I didn't look very far because I'm not in the buying zone right now. Power and water bills arrived this month :(

/Greyshaft

Post #: 27
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/30/2013 9:26:17 PM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/24/2018 12:08:28 PM >

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 28
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/31/2013 12:04:11 AM   
budd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greyshaft

Could someone tell me where an expired egg is on this site so I can understand what it looks like. I saw the eggsample in the original announcement but couldn't find one. Must admit I didn't look very far because I'm not in the buying zone right now. Power and water bills arrived this month :(

Look at the War in the Pacific Admirals edition product page.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 29
RE: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% o... - 3/31/2013 2:07:31 AM   
rodney727

Well I can just say how disappointed I am. Really now??!!! Only one egg at higher discounts per game??!!??!!??!! Offer it all to everyone. Simply wow. Again I suggest you hire someone with retail experience. I looked at least ten games with no "eggs". And now to find out that you had eggs at higher discount rates good for only "one" customer is kinda insulting. No egg either for team assault or history legends at war? These games should be 50% off anyway!!!
quote:

Hi guys,

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by rogo727 -- 3/31/2013 2:28:13 AM >

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% off…. everything! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI