Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 3/9/2013 1:59:39 AM   
Dane49

The Romans built some very beautiful cities in this area that thrived long after the collapse of the Roman empire and I think it wasn't until the rise of Islam and the invasion by the Moors that these cities were finally abandonded to antiquity.

(in reply to flashburn)
Post #: 61
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 3/9/2013 3:38:45 AM   
Dane49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYeeWSXJgFc Battle of Tebourba-Tunisia 1942

Thought you might find this Youtube film clip interesting,not so much for the film quality but for the different weapon and vehicle sounds.Don't know if the sounds are authentic or dubbed in later at a studio though.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 62
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 3/9/2013 6:47:35 AM   
flashburn

Ya I watched the whole series from when they started out to these last few. This was the start of the newly arrived German reinforcements from Europe count attack. This series of movies totally STOPS being made (or released who knows) as the counter attack pushes allys all the way back to Medjez el bab inflicting pretty darn bad looses on the US. GREEN troops vs vets from conquest of Europe and many had seen action on the Eastern front..... Not until MArch and April did the US get its crap together and start kicking teeth in.....slowly. Well ok........fight a large scale defensive and battle and win. Unlike every previous time. Although on smaller scale some units did REALLY well despite being pretty green. Somehting I want to focus on later I hope. Well the whole thing actually. But like and do are different things right. :D Its one thing to take 6 months of your own time and money and follow a dream (OUCH btw). And take 2 years with no funding....lol. and a 2 man team. ya hmmmm.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 63
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 3/13/2013 2:32:48 PM   
flashburn

Screw farmers fields for the time being...............I going to plant trees!

MORE TREES EVERYWHERE>>>>> lol and other flora too. I really like these HDR setting for dawn. If only all looked as good. I really like DUSk too. :D

Bout to end todays 13 hour work bindge on this. Closing in on 1 2km by 2km farmers hell complete........way to many to go (many in progress however).

(in reply to flashburn)
Post #: 64
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 3/14/2013 10:01:23 AM   
flashburn

Another stupid tid bit. May or may not matter to anyone. But want to distance self from creative history and the like, from mod and game companys. I intend on doing JUSTICE to all sides in this battle. As much as is possible within a game. I am a vet of a CRAP war. I can relate vary well to what these soldiers had to go threw. I am VARY fortunate that my war was no where as bad the nightmare of ww2. But my war was bad enough. I want the correct history of battle and the correct gear and topagraphy as MUCH as that is possible without being able to go to these hills.

(in reply to flashburn)
Post #: 65
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 3/15/2013 7:58:51 PM   
flashburn

The route German mechanized forces took on DEC 25 1942 that finally brought battle to an end and forced UK Cold Stream Guard and what was left OF US 1/18 infantry off longstop hill has they where in danger of encirclemnt. This is nicer weather LOL.

FYI...........hitting about 50 percent mark of basic polygon (probably bad luck to say that). Screens will slow DOWN alot on project as it gets refined. Got to leave some suprises........... ALthough ALOT no one has seen yet. :D After polygon map is complete.......I go into more modeling phase. Actually GET THE US AND BRITS in here... I HOPE> LOL. Then maybe into a few custom buildings and models for map. THEN make the damned campaigns :D. YES 2. SO when it MAYBE done....... Hopefully before 71 years after it happened. :D

Northern area of polygon. Somewhere around here English 5th hamptons fought a brief fight with 2 companys of German infantry.

AND due to DANE....lol NO you do not have to follow what allies did in 42. YOU CAN recreate the history (more of less) or actually try and do what the UK/US could NOT. CAPTURE AND HOLD THE DANG HILL> And I am not going to write the camaigns to force GERMANs OR Allies to do exactly what happened. SUGGEST..........but not dictate. That is the joy of APOS/GTOS. As soon as you start campaign. Hell, I will not know WTF will happen. :D

< Message edited by flashburn -- 3/15/2013 8:09:36 PM >

(in reply to flashburn)
Post #: 66
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 3/18/2013 4:18:29 AM   
Dane49

http://afrikakorps.forumcrea.com/index.php

I think you'll find this site of interest FB.

(in reply to flashburn)
Post #: 67
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 3/22/2013 4:51:58 AM   
general_solomon

the map is coming along, love it.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 68
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 3/22/2013 6:07:27 AM   
Dane49

This is one of my favorite shots of Flashburns" map.Very realistic looking,like an actual aerial photo

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 3/22/2013 6:59:38 AM >

(in reply to general_solomon)
Post #: 69
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 3/31/2013 7:55:40 AM   
flashburn

:D thanks everyone. Been away for a week helping out at a childrens retreat. How the hell do kids have that much energy is beyond me. But inching to get back at it. Had this project on the brain. Over the next week or two going to switch gears and get out at least some US infantry models before returning to the polygon. The time is at hand where I need to have correct soldiers running about. AND need to collect correct data for British Infantry so that can float around on the back burner. :D

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 70
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 3/31/2013 6:15:12 PM   
Redmarkus5

Maps look absolutely amazing

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to flashburn)
Post #: 71
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 4/6/2013 4:47:24 PM   
flashburn

Since its been a bit ....well for me.. Heres another screenie of northern area facing longstop hill. :D To me its all starting to look the same. But more detail keeps getting added in day by day. :D

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 72
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 4/6/2013 5:12:22 PM   
flashburn

and another.... you have no idea the pain that making river and stream beds are for Graviteam stuff. Hard...not really.. A royal pain for sure. I have so much getting into the pixels to do on all the dang dry stream beds. maybe 25 percent are actually done.... like this one here, mainly.

(in reply to flashburn)
Post #: 73
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 4/24/2013 9:32:02 AM   
flashburn

Still ALOT to do. :D

Sorry for lack of updates for those few who are tracking project... Dealing with BORING stuff beginning of April and then this thing that you MAY see in up coming DLC...

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/wipah1jnotowpuregunship.jpg/][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

1 nice AH1J model for the cost of a free DLC for me. SOme times being uber fan boy makes my head inch.

< Message edited by flashburn -- 4/24/2013 9:44:57 AM >

(in reply to flashburn)
Post #: 74
RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 - 8/22/2013 3:07:31 PM   
flashburn

Ok obviously I forgot to post on this little post that this project is on pause. SAD. While 1 dedicated art guy can make the map and some of the needed assets.... NOT everything to include a whole new army or 2. LOL I STILL hope to do this. But I think will revisit for Mius. Maybe something happens... Hay Matrix want to publish a DLC by hiring a mildly disabled (UGH back bad back) OIF vet. Fine who am I kidding LOL. But UGH somehow SOMeday DAMNIT!!!

(in reply to flashburn)
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> RE: Project Golf course OR Battle at Longstop hill 42 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI