Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Critical Crash to Desktop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Critical Crash to Desktop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Critical Crash to Desktop - 1/2/2003 4:49:26 AM   
ejengstrom

Summary:

After ending my turn as the United States, the Computer Controlled Task forces post their automated messages. During the compilation of the AI actions (assumption) and prior to the next sequence (Surface/Supply) the game will drop the desktop.

Frequency is growing worse, seemingly the better I am doing (and I'm slaughtering all but the Japanese Naval Air Forces) the more frequently it crashes. I am working around this problem by restarting my machine, relaunching the game and proceeding for a day or two before my next CTD. This has occured 7 times out of 20 days of play. I have experienced this with 2.20 in another game, much later in play around October. Now I have occupied nearly every base and beach in NG and have the 1st Marine and two Army RCT's fighting the 28th and 29th Nip infantry and support at Lunga.

Never experienced this problem with prior versions, but I stopped playing the game for about a year. I'm now getting back into it and spending the time over the holiday to learn the complexities. I'm having a great time, but find myself out of options with my current campaign.

Scenario 17
Current Date: 08/04/42
Version: 2.20 updated from original CD release with all TrueUpdate Patches

Hardware:
P4 1.7mhz Intel, 512mb ECC800, GeForce4 ti4600, SBLive 5.1 Platinum, home network, Dual Nics multiple IP's (6mbit DSL & Cable/LAN), 70GB cheetah

Environment:
Windows XP SP1, most updates, DirectX 9, all latest video, sound and BIOS drivers, checked and updated every week. 2.73GB free disk space, no lost files and fragmentation is too minimal to identify.

-- Yours, Erik
Post #: 1
- 1/2/2003 5:40:37 AM   
XPav

Send it to Matrix according to their directions and label it "CRASH!"

I love it when a plan comes together.

(in reply to ejengstrom)
Post #: 2
- 1/2/2003 6:09:24 AM   
ejengstrom

No, I don't think I will.

-- Yours, Erik

(in reply to ejengstrom)
Post #: 3
Response... - 1/5/2003 1:40:44 PM   
Erik Rutins

Erik,

Please follow XPav's advice and send us a file that crashes for you, along with a copy of your post, to [email]rossm@matrixgames.com[/email]. If this is a file rather than system issue, it's the only way we'll have a chance to fix it.

I assure you, there is no code in there to crash the game when the human player starts kicking the AI's butt. :-)

If possible, try the previous versions in order to see where the crashes started for you. Also, I assume there have been changes in your system since you last ran UV. It's actually only been available for almost seven months now, so hopefully not too many changes. If you can narrow it down to those as possible problems and try swapping hardware and drivers, it might reveal the source of the issue. Check the troubleshooting FAQ if you need suggestions on how to do that.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ejengstrom)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Critical Crash to Desktop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI