Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed - 4/10/2013 2:15:22 PM   
Icedawg

What's the difference between these?

I'm guessing they indicate increasing levels of detection caused by the aircraft locating an enemy TF. Snoop = quick peek and get away before enemy CAP arrives; Spot = longer look, then bug out; Follow = stay with the TF for an extended period and transmit detailed information regarding composition, speed and course.

Am I close?
Post #: 1
RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed - 4/10/2013 3:30:51 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I'm guessing they indicate increasing levels of detection caused by the aircraft locating an enemy TF. Snoop = quick peek and get away before enemy CAP arrives; Spot = longer look, then bug out; Follow = stay with the TF for an extended period and transmit detailed information regarding composition, speed and course.

Am I close?

I would guess they're no different, Icedawg. Different 'text features' of the same game DL function for gameplay variability would be my guess. I don't see any tangible difference in the DL level for those levels of detection, but I could be wrong.

Any Devs care to opine?

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed - 4/10/2013 9:20:51 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I'm guessing they indicate increasing levels of detection caused by the aircraft locating an enemy TF. Snoop = quick peek and get away before enemy CAP arrives; Spot = longer look, then bug out; Follow = stay with the TF for an extended period and transmit detailed information regarding composition, speed and course ...

In English, spot is only being seen, as opposed to snoop, which would be a more thorough examination.

"Followed" would be the equivalent of "on station," as in calling in a strike, but that's just language, not game mechanics.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 3
RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed - 4/10/2013 10:35:55 PM   
Kwik E Mart

...snooped is where the recon team does a rap song during the debrief, spotted is where an HQ dalmatian mascot is always present at the debrief and followed is what the junior flight crew does to the senior flight crew into the officers' club after the debrief...

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 4
RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed - 4/10/2013 11:11:28 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

...snooped is where the recon team does a rap song during the debrief, spotted is where an HQ dalmatian mascot is always present at the debrief and followed is what the junior flight crew does to the senior flight crew into the officers' club after the debrief...

In the later , mostly out of curiosity , although occasionally trying to cage drinks would not be amiss.

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 5
RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed - 4/10/2013 11:24:50 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

In the later , mostly out of curiosity , although occasionally trying to cage drinks would not be amiss.

...that, and the senior crew members making the junior ones put the bird to bed, schlep all the cryto gear back to Ops and fill out the gripe book often made them late for happy hour!

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 6
RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed - 4/11/2013 12:03:12 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

...that, and the senior crew members making the junior ones put the bird to bed, schlep all the cryto gear back to Ops and fill out the gripe book often made them late for happy hour!

True, true. But of course, it builds character!

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 7
RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed - 4/14/2013 4:59:29 PM   
towers58

I asked this question years ago and was told (by a developer) that the terms are just there for chrome - NO differences between them.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI