Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Making game/AI harder to play?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Making game/AI harder to play? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Making game/AI harder to play? - 1/2/2003 12:24:37 AM   
Anxiety

Hey folks,

Just got the game and love it. Noticed that even playing on Intermidiate, I seem to do a pretty good job of winning, even considering I really don't have much of an idea what I am doing. I would expect the Advanced level to be harder, but is it really that much harder? Are there other ways to make the game more challenging (i.e., extend it's shelf life when playing?)

-Anxiety
Post #: 1
- 1/2/2003 4:46:27 AM   
Maxfreeboard

I've not played Advanced yet but trying the Advanced option I would think would be the logical answer. Might that answer your question?

(in reply to Anxiety)
Post #: 2
- 1/2/2003 12:29:58 PM   
seaview

I think this games AI needs some work. Even on the hardest level ,and I am at war with everyone the AI wont attack my home planet. In the shareware version this would be almost a sure thing. Also the AI seems too forgiving when Im raiding its systems and accepts peace to easily. Thease factors combined with the long delay in finding new civilazations make the game drag on too long.I like the new graphics and more depth but am still playing the shareware game more. Hopefully a patch in the future will clear things up.

(in reply to Anxiety)
Post #: 3
- 1/2/2003 1:14:45 PM   
Maxfreeboard

That's curious because on the intermediate level I've had my home planet attacked frequently.

(in reply to Anxiety)
Post #: 4
- 1/3/2003 12:02:41 AM   
Anxiety

I have had the AI jump on my home planet once and quickly ended my space career. Maybe I have just gotten lucky the past few games. This one I am playing now started off with me vs. 2 AIs. I had control of 25 stars in a 50 star world quickly and easily. But, it seems now that the two AIs are in Federation, so perhaps now the tables will turn?

We'll see - I'm really hoping for a challenge!
-Anx

(in reply to Anxiety)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Making game/AI harder to play? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI