Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Transports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Transports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transports - 1/2/2003 4:16:48 PM   
gamer1958

Catalina PBYs will load a brigade-sized unit (i.e. 7th Aus Inf Bde) and transport it piecemeal; but when I transfer some Dakotas to the same base and try it, the software won't let me select the unit for a load. It will allow me to select other units like Base Groups, AAA units, etc. Why?
Post #: 1
- 1/2/2003 7:09:32 PM   
DoomedMantis

Are they Northern Command?

Northern Command troops are only allowed to move around Aus, and thus cannot be loaded onto any transports

DM

I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare

(in reply to gamer1958)
Post #: 2
Re: Transports - 1/2/2003 8:24:39 PM   
tanjman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gamer1958
[B]Catalina PBYs will load a brigade-sized unit (i.e. 7th Aus Inf Bde) and transport it piecemeal; but when I transfer some Dakotas to the same base and try it, the software won't let me select the unit for a load. It will allow me to select other units like Base Groups, AAA units, etc. Why? [/B][/QUOTE]

Also the C-47 requires a size 1 or larger airfield to deliver to, the PBY does not. Be aware that even though you can select a unit to air lift not all equipment will be moved if it exceeds a load cost of 10.

See the thread below for more info:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30658

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to gamer1958)
Post #: 3
- 1/2/2003 8:45:59 PM   
Mr.Frag

Load cost 10?

I thought the manual indicated load cost 7 as the maximum air transportable piece ...This get upped in one of the patches that I didn't notice?

As a side note, don't send the whole unit this way. It tends to vanish when the last part shows up and it is combined back together. Seems perfectly ok if the last part comes by sea transport or sea fast transport ...

(in reply to gamer1958)
Post #: 4
- 1/2/2003 9:37:25 PM   
Ron Saueracker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr.Frag
[B]Load cost 10?

I thought the manual indicated load cost 7 as the maximum air transportable piece ...This get upped in one of the patches that I didn't notice?

As a side note, don't send the whole unit this way. It tends to vanish when the last part shows up and it is combined back together. Seems perfectly ok if the last part comes by sea transport or sea fast transport ... [/B][/QUOTE]

Frag. Have you found this happening with all units or maybe just base forces? This is being looked at now.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to gamer1958)
Post #: 5
- 1/2/2003 10:43:41 PM   
Mr.Frag

[QUOTE]Frag. Have you found this happening with all units or maybe just base forces? This is being looked at now.[/QUOTE]

I split the group mentioned below between Buna & Gili Gili.

I was flying this unit out in C-47 Dakota (load 10000) to Buna and PBY Catalina (Load 4000) to Gili Gili.

When the final unit landed, which happened to be via PBY to Gili Gili, the merging unit message showed up and the entire group from Buna vanished.

Group load cost:
7th Aus Bde (New Guinea Force)
=======================
4431 Load Cost

Individual makeup of unit with load costs from weapon/troop lookup:

ANZAC Squad (0) x 117 (load cost 11) - 1287
81mm Mortar (0) x 12 (load cost 4) - 48
37mm AT Gun (0) x 16 (load cost 5) - 80
25 pdr Howitzer (0) x 12 (load cost 10) - 120
Support (0) x 144 (load cost 20) - 2880
=============================
total load cost 4415 (someone double check my math here)

Couple of questions here:

You will note the difference between the two load totals ?

In this unit, there is a 25 pdr which according to the manual is too heavy to air transport, why did it move?

Or equally baffling, why did it vanish instead of moving?

Why did the unit combining get triggered when: the 25 pdr's shouldn't have been picked up and/or not all of the sub units went to the same destination?

Hopes this helps you in the bug hunt ...

(in reply to gamer1958)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Transports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI