Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 3/22/2013 4:13:51 PM   
Philkian

The Slitherine Group, Flashback Games Studio and the Lordz Games Studio (www.thelordzgamesstudio.com) are proud to announce the upcoming release of the Panzer Corps Grand Campaigns Mega Pack ’39-’45.

This bundle gathers all the 10 linked campaigns packed in one huge package. The player will have the chance to play all 150+ scenarios covering the entire war from the invasion of Poland and Norway on to the cold Russian winter against the Red Army on the East front, defend against D-Day and then take a final stand at Berlin.

Players can import their core force between the linked campaigns, or alternatively use a preset core force and play each of the campaigns on its own or jump in at any year. Gain skills and new equipment for your troops, lead them in a huge campaign map face the enemy and try to overturn your fate.
Owners of the existing DLC expansions will be able to receive a discount when purchasing the mega pack. Details TBD.

Get more information about Panzer Corps Grand Campaigns Mega Pack ’39-’45on its official product page

The Grand Campaign Mega Packrequires the original Panzer Corps or Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps to play.
Post #: 1
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 3/22/2013 4:19:18 PM   
catwhoorg

Here take my money

*throws cash*

Seriously, I will be buying as soon as I can get logged on at home after it releases.
Been looking forward to this for a while.

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 2
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 3/22/2013 5:31:57 PM   
Lord Zimoa

Owners of the existing DLC expansions will be able to receive a discount when purchasing the mega pack. Details TBD.

quote:

In reality if you have them all already you wont get much, just convenience for when you need to install them and one installer instead of 10 to store. We are planning to patch all the DLC's, and the patched versions will be in the megapack. However these will be made available to everyone anyway so you don't need to buy the mega pack to to get the patches.

We're still finalising the plan of how we deal with it but the proposal is to set up a discount system that gives you a discount proportional to the number of DLC's you have. We have started work on it already.

E.g. If you have 4 of the 10 DLC's with serials registered to your account you would be able to get a 40% discount on the mega pack. We're not sure how to handle all 10 DLC's being registered as we can't have a $0 purchase so we may have to limit the discount to 90% if you have 9 or 10 DLC's registered.

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 3
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 3/22/2013 7:43:51 PM   
vonRocko

Sounds great!

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 4
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 3/23/2013 4:23:19 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: catwhoorg

Here take my money

*throws cash*

Seriously, I will be buying as soon as I can get logged on at home after it releases.
Been looking forward to this for a while.

While he throws cash I just emailed you my bank account info. Take it all.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 5
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 3/23/2013 6:11:21 PM   
zyk0001

Shouldn't the people who have paid top price for all the content already in DLCs get this for free?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 6
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 3/23/2013 7:01:06 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: zyk0001

Shouldn't the people who have paid top price for all the content already in DLCs get this for free?

We're not sure how to handle all 10 DLC's being registered as we can't have a $0 purchase so we may have to limit the discount to 90% if you have 9 or 10 DLC's registered.

(in reply to zyk0001)
Post #: 7
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 3/24/2013 12:12:18 AM   
zyk0001

Fair enough. Thanks for the prompt reply.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 8
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 3/24/2013 3:02:05 AM   
rodney727

This is fine and all that jazz but how soon for the iPad? I have not bought any of the west dcls because I am hoping these will be available on the iPad . Will you do the same for the iPad ? I have bought a $100 iTunes card just for this reason.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Philkian

The Slitherine Group, Flashback Games Studio and the Lordz Games Studio (www.thelordzgamesstudio.com) are proud to announce the upcoming release of the Panzer Corps Grand Campaigns Mega Pack ’39-’45.

This bundle gathers all the 10 linked campaigns packed in one huge package. The player will have the chance to play all 150+ scenarios covering the entire war from the invasion of Poland and Norway on to the cold Russian winter against the Red Army on the East front, defend against D-Day and then take a final stand at Berlin.

Players can import their core force between the linked campaigns, or alternatively use a preset core force and play each of the campaigns on its own or jump in at any year. Gain skills and new equipment for your troops, lead them in a huge campaign map face the enemy and try to overturn your fate.

Get more information about Panzer Corps Grand Campaigns Mega Pack ’39-’45on its official product page

The Grand Campaign Mega Packrequires the original Panzer Corps or Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps to play.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 9
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 3/24/2013 7:37:26 PM   
Lord Zimoa

Apple does not allow any cross platform deals... not our preferred policy, but they are pretty strict about it.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 10
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/10/2013 9:14:45 AM   
Anguille

Is it with or without the Afrika Korps?

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 11
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/10/2013 11:32:27 AM   
IainMcNeil

The mega pack is just the 10 Grand Campaign DLC's. It does not include the base game or Afrika.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Anguille)
Post #: 12
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/10/2013 11:34:35 AM   
Anguille

Thanks

So it's a pack with 10 DLCs, right?

< Message edited by Anguille -- 4/10/2013 11:36:27 AM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 13
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/11/2013 5:53:26 PM   
bssybeep

What's the ETA on the megapack?

thanks

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 14
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/11/2013 6:20:50 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: bssybeep

What's the ETA on the megapack?

23/04/2013

(in reply to bssybeep)
Post #: 15
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/14/2013 7:44:25 AM   
IainMcNeil

Hi guys, we've worked out the discount system. We wanted it to apply to both digital and boxed copies and so we had to limit the max discount to 70% which is lower than I initially thought. The discounts cant have a diferent % on different items - it is binary, i.e. do you get the disount or not. When I did the maths I found we'd be selling boxes at a loss at an 80% discount so to break even we had to limit it to 70% if you have 7 or more packs registered. I hope you can understand the logic and find this is stilla good offer.

The price is $39.99 or $49.99 in a box. With your 70% discount this means $12 digital or $15 for the mega pack in a box.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 16
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/14/2013 2:20:35 PM   
vonRocko

Sounds good and fair.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 17
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/14/2013 5:03:10 PM   
RandomAttack

Guess that rules it out for me-- I have the 5 packs I'm interested in, so it wouldn't make sense given no discount at all. What I REALLY wanted it for was to have a single file vice multiple 400 MB packs that shouldn't really need to be anywhere near that large (given the size of the DLC folders). I have plenty of HD space, it just bugs me.

Assuming Allied Corps is a standalone game, it will definitely impact how I buy the inevitable expansions-- I will probably just wait until a megapack is available for that one.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 18
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/14/2013 7:18:40 PM   
IainMcNeil

I must be missing something? You get the pack at 50% off so $20.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to RandomAttack)
Post #: 19
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/14/2013 8:26:19 PM   
RandomAttack

Not you-- me!

I understood the above to essentially mean that you could only get a 70% discount or nothing. Doh!

I plead caffeine deprivation!

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 20
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/15/2013 2:15:11 AM   
bssybeep

Thanks for the update.
Could you clarify the discount plan if you already own some DLC?

I currently own the primary game (of course) and the 1939 DLC.

thanks

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 21
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/15/2013 3:19:15 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: bssybeep

Thanks for the update.
Could you clarify the discount plan if you already own some DLC?

I currently own the primary game (of course) and the 1939 DLC.

thanks

If you have one DLC, than you'll get a 10% discount. If you have seven or more than you'll get a 70% discount.

(in reply to bssybeep)
Post #: 22
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/16/2013 8:11:35 AM   
zyk0001

It seems like a policy designed to only punish your best customers, the ones who bought all of the DLCs for full price as they came out.

All others get a discount and we get charged an additional $12 to have the material we already paid for put together in one download. I recently had to reinstall the whole mess, and I wouldn't want to do that again.

I know it's not a lot of money but it's more insult than injury. There is no way I'd ever buy a DLC when it came out again.

< Message edited by zyk0001 -- 4/16/2013 8:20:18 AM >

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 23
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/16/2013 8:42:12 AM   
Lord Zimoa

If you have one or more DLC purchased and registered, you get 10% discount if you already have 1 DLC, if you own 2 DLC`s you get 20% discount, if you already own 3 you get 30%, etc... and this with a max. of 7 or more get a max. discount of 70%.

So only the ones you have already purchased and registered 7, 8, 9 or all 10 DLC`s will get a maximum discount of 70% on the full price of 39.99 USD (Digital) or 49.99 (Boxed) for the whole Mega Pack, only those people can get it at 12 USD (Digital) or 15 USD (Boxed).

The Mega Pack contains all 10 DLC`s in one package, it does not include the Panzer Corps: Wehrmacht or Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps base games. All DLC`s also have been patched and updated and localized into all available languages, of course we also provide a free patch for those not interested in the Mega Pack. So the Mega Pack contains updated:

Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '39
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '40
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '41
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '42
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '43 East
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '44 East
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '45 East
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '42 - '43 West
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '44 West
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '45 West

You need at least one of them (Wehrmacht or Afrika Korps) as a base game to be able to play any or more or all 10 Panzer Corps: Grand Campaign `39-`45 DLC`s

The Mega Pack only releases the 23rd of April 2013, as usual normally around the afternoon European GMT timezone, so Europe (Slitherine) and US East Coast (Matrix) can release simultaneous in sync.

(in reply to zyk0001)
Post #: 24
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/16/2013 1:12:01 PM   
IainMcNeil

quote:

It seems like a policy designed to only punish your best customers, the ones who bought all of the DLCs for full price as they came out.

All others get a discount and we get charged an additional $12 to have the material we already paid for put together in one download. I recently had to reinstall the whole mess, and I wouldn't want to do that again.

I know it's not a lot of money but it's more insult than injury. There is no way I'd ever buy a DLC when it came out again.

Hi Zyk

I'm sorry you feel that way but we try very hard to look after our early adopters. The reason we have to limit the discount to 70% is that if you buy the boxed version, we lose money on anything higher than 70%. The cost would be higher than the price. I'm sure you can see why we can't afford to lose money on a sale. My initial plan was 80-90% but when we ran the spreadsheets we realized we lost money on every sale at those prices and you don't have to be a genius to know that's not good business :)

Most other publishers would give you no discount in this situations I think we're doing everything we can to reward our loyal fans.

You don't need to buy the mega pack, its just a convenience so if you feel it's not worth it then I understand but I'm hop you can see why we can't sell things at a loss.

Thanks!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to zyk0001)
Post #: 25
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/16/2013 9:29:24 PM   
rodney727

Even Walgreens has a program ...you buy enough aspirin from us and hey you get a reward.....and while this concept for some reason has never crossed the pond and knocked on slitherines front door maybe some young British Interns will knock on the "old mans door" and say its 2013 here is what we think. And while its true we may speak the same common language we are in fact worlds apart. If there was an gaming award to give out to see which company alienated their own customers I'm sure EA would win it but slitherine/matrix would be nominated every year. Sometimes I really do wonder if they stop and think before they do things. It's like saying "hey I'm glad you purchased every single dlc from us at full price but for those that may bought three we are giving you a 30% discount". Don't like it? We are sorry.
quote:

< Message edited by rogo727 -- 4/17/2013 12:01:11 AM >

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to zyk0001)
Post #: 26
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/16/2013 9:33:48 PM   
rodney727

So if you bought all 7 of the dcls it would cost you only $4 for each dcl now provided if you took the time to register each and every dcl. But what if you didn't? Then it's 39.99?
quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

quote:

Hi Zyk

I'm sorry you feel that way but we try very hard to look after our early adopters. The reason we have to limit the discount to 70% is that if you buy the boxed version, we lose money on anything higher than 70%. The cost would be higher than the price. I'm sure you can see why we can't afford to lose money on a sale. My initial plan was 80-90% but when we ran the spreadsheets we realized we lost money on every sale at those prices and you don't have to be a genius to know that's not good business :)

Most other publishers would give you no discount in this situations I think we're doing everything we can to reward our loyal fans.

You don't need to buy the mega pack, its just a convenience so if you feel it's not worth it then I understand but I'm hop you can see why we can't sell things at a loss.

Thanks!

< Message edited by rogo727 -- 4/16/2013 9:50:18 PM >

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 27
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/16/2013 10:32:26 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

So if you bought all 7 of the dcls it would cost you only $4 for each dcl now provided if you took the time to register each and every dcl. But what if you didn't? Then it's 39.99?

The whole payment process is automatic, so if the DLCs aren't registered the system won't know which DLC you have and which discount must be applied.

You only have to login once in multiplayer, and all your DLCs installed in your Panzer Corps game, will be automatically registered.

However if you want to be sure that they are registered, you can check in Slitherine's webpage. The login details are the same as your multiplayer account:
http://www.slitherine.com/my_page

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 4/16/2013 10:46:06 PM >

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 28
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/16/2013 10:37:40 PM   
Lord Zimoa

quote:

Note on the discount: If you can buy from Matrix you can buy from Slitherine - it uses the same payment processor - Plimus.

The discount codes can only be generated if registered serials are on Slitherine. Unfortunately the websites cant talk to each other. Logging in to multiplayer registers them all for you so this is the simplest thing to do if you haven't already.

The codes can be generated for either store so if you want to buy from Matrix you can. You can only generate your code once though so read the instructions carefully!

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 29
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/17/2013 1:13:48 AM   
rodney727

Keep it simple!!
quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

quote:

You can only generate your code once though so read the instructions carefully!

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI