Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

xAK-t

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> xAK-t Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
xAK-t - 4/16/2013 12:17:56 PM   
SierraJuliet

Likely this has been covered somewhere or hidden in a rule but I'm not finding it yet.

I was scrolling through the list of Active IJN ships and noticed a number of xAK and AK that differed in their description in that they were referred to as xAK-t or AK-t. What does this 't' mean? Zyuyo Maru is an example. I've not checked the USN to see if they have the same reference. It also only appears to be the xAKs and AKs that have a 't' and only a few at that.

Looking forward to hearing of a rather simple answer that is blindingly obvious.
Post #: 1
RE: xAK-t - 4/16/2013 12:22:13 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SierraJuliet

Likely this has been covered somewhere or hidden in a rule but I'm not finding it yet.

I was scrolling through the list of Active IJN ships and noticed a number of xAK and AK that differed in their description in that they were referred to as xAK-t or AK-t. What does this 't' mean? Zyuyo Maru is an example. I've not checked the USN to see if they have the same reference. It also only appears to be the xAKs and AKs that have a 't' and only a few at that.

Looking forward to hearing of a rather simple answer that is blindingly obvious.

These are xAK or AK ships that have been (quickly) refitted to better accomodate troops on board. The Japanese player has the option of converting some different vessel classes to "-t" variants. These are very helpful for moving large numbers of troops in the absence of xAP, AP or APA classes.

(in reply to SierraJuliet)
Post #: 2
RE: xAK-t - 4/16/2013 12:24:36 PM   
Gunnulf

You can convert aK's to carry more troops. Those that have been converted have the -t suffix. You can convert them back to increase cargo space or vice versa when in a port with repair facility. The button to convert is in bottom left corner. Takes a few days offline depending on ship/port. Some ships are more worthwhile to convert, particularly those that can also be converted to AK.

Post #: 3
RE: xAK-t - 4/16/2013 12:31:24 PM   
SierraJuliet

Many thanks guys. I was looking at the active ships at the beginning of the scenario. I take it then that this means these ships have been converted pre war.

(in reply to Gunnulf)
Post #: 4
RE: xAK-t - 4/16/2013 12:34:50 PM   
SierraJuliet

I see the difference now. What a difference in troop capacity this makes. I shall pay much more attention now to which ships start the war with enhanced troop capacity.

Post #: 5
RE: xAK-t - 4/16/2013 3:01:31 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

you don't really need to pay a lot of attention, since you can change more if you want; it only takes 5 days to condition xAKs as troop transport. Conversion needs to happen in a L6+ port (or is it L7??)

Toho class is in my opinion the best: small to fit in a L1 port, relatively fast and abundant. I converted them all to -t version

Post #: 6
RE: xAK-t - 4/16/2013 4:42:40 PM   
Mike Solli

I agree. I also convert all the Tohos to the -t conversion. Their 14 kt speed makes them perfect to team up with the Ansyu-C PB.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

you don't really need to pay a lot of attention, since you can change more if you want; it only takes 5 days to condition xAKs as troop transport. Conversion needs to happen in a L6+ port (or is it L7??)

Toho class is in my opinion the best: small to fit in a L1 port, relatively fast and abundant. I converted them all to -t version

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 7
RE: xAK-t - 4/16/2013 4:56:05 PM   
btbw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury
Conversion needs to happen in a L6+ port (or is it L7??)

Port 7, but if Navy HQ present then port level 6 too.

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 8
RE: xAK-t - 4/16/2013 5:06:26 PM   
Lokasenna

These ships are my favorite, particularly in the early stages of the war when you're doing a lot of landings. It's easier on port loading space because it takes fewer ships to load the same LCU, plus it saves on fuel which is always good.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> xAK-t Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI