Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Next destination, Pandora!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Next destination, Pandora! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Next destination, Pandora! - 1/31/2013 6:45:36 PM   
Philkian

After decades of exploration, mankind has finally found a new hope. A new planet to conquer and colonize. They call it Pandora. From the frozen ice lands of the north, to vast deserts and lush tropical forests in the south, the planet is vast and hosts a wide variety of eco-regions. It is the perfect last resort for mankind. But it is far from being desolate, with indigenous life already covering the planet, but how will they react to alien invaders?

Pandora: First Contact is the latest science fiction 4X turn-based strategy game published by Slitherine and Matrix Games and developed by Proxy Studios. The game follows in the footsteps of classics like Alpha Centauri and Galactic Civilizations, but it also creates a completely new world of its own, with hundreds of creatures, settings, technological innovations and a never-seen-before range of deadly weapons. In development for now more than two years, Pandora: First Contact is something really novel in the genre of civilization-style games.

“We are very excited about this new project”, said Iain McNeil, development director of Slitherine. “This year’s line-up is shaping to be very attractive to a wide range of players and we are proud to bring such an intense, immersive and engaging sci-fi strategy game to our audience worldwide”.

The game is set to release towards the end of spring, with the open beta now available for registration at http://www.slitherine.com/beta_test/PandoraPC.

For more information visit the product page
Post #: 1
RE: Next destination, Pandora! - 2/1/2013 7:19:04 PM   
bbmike

Just discovered that this game existed! I still play Civilization and Alpha Centauri to death. My hopes are very high for this!

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 2
RE: Next destination, Pandora! - 4/20/2013 11:21:04 PM   
bartholimew

Is this based on the movie Pandorum? It kind of takes place where the movie ends. And the opening screen shot in the trailer is similar to the movie. If so is there a non-aligned mutant type faction thrown into the equation.

(in reply to bbmike)
Post #: 3
RE: Next destination, Pandora! - 4/21/2013 6:10:22 PM   
jpwrunyan

Ooh! I wanna play the faction led by Dennis Quaid!

To answer your question, I think the game is based on the story of Alpha Centauri and the movie Avatar more than anything. Thus the name "Pandora", which I think is terrible, btw. I think it would have been cooler to have named it Epsilon Eridani or something like that. Better name and a distinct nod to its predecessor Alpha Centauri--both as homage and spiritual sequal.

edit: I have no idea why I quoted the message directly preceding.

< Message edited by jpwrunyan -- 4/21/2013 6:11:22 PM >

(in reply to bartholimew)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series >> Next destination, Pandora! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI