Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random search arcs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Random search arcs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random search arcs - 4/23/2013 9:39:06 PM   
jbdenney

I assume that when the search patterns for a Air group says "Random Arcs" That the group is randomly choosing its search direction. Is this a useful function if you have only one group in an island that can only search in narrow slice (I really don't want to have to alter its search arc every turn)?

Also if I have a group on a coastal base so that a good portion of the possible "Naval Search Arc" is over land will the "random arc" function waste naval searches over dry land?

I guess in short I am curious how useful the 'Random arc" setting is for groups in quiet areas that I really don't want to micro manage.
Post #: 1
RE: Random search arcs - 4/24/2013 6:42:10 AM   
Alfred

Read this thread and the link provided in post #5.

Alfred

Edit: Oops, forgot to provide the thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3299579

That should do it now.

< Message edited by Alfred -- 4/24/2013 6:43:10 AM >

(in reply to jbdenney)
Post #: 2
RE: Random search arcs - 4/24/2013 4:21:34 PM   
jbdenney

Thanks

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: Random search arcs - 4/24/2013 8:38:59 PM   
geofflambert

I tried specifying search arcs back when I played against the AI, didn't get good results and found it so time consuming. I stopped doing that, made sure I had plenty of search planes and lots of overlapping patterns and varying altitudes, but with most set at 6k. As the allies I've never had any problems finding anything, and even when a lot of the random search area is over land, occasionally the search planes spot an enemy LCU for me. I'm not sure the Japanese have this luxury (initially all the B-17s are used for search until I can replace them with B-24s), so I'm just curious. Do players find it advantageous to divide their squadrons and then give each detachment seperate search arcs, or keep them together?

(in reply to jbdenney)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Random search arcs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI