Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Would anyone like to make me a piece of shipside art?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Would anyone like to make me a piece of shipside art? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Would anyone like to make me a piece of shipside art? - 4/28/2013 2:19:49 PM   
Big B

quote:

ORIGINAL: US87891

That’s overreacting, and a bit childish. The guys made it perfectly clear many times that they waived their rights for game purposes. But credit should be given where credit is due.

I just saw this, and for my part - I have no problems with people modifying ship art I made.
Credit where it's due would be nice, but whatever...

Have fun.

Brian

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 31
RE: Would anyone like to make me a piece of shipside art? - 4/28/2013 5:49:23 PM   
SargeantTex

I think that's kinda shady to bring up Copy right issues we are supposed to be a tight knit gaming community trying to enjoy what I consider the finest war strategy game ever made,if we were dealing with millions of people I can understand!!
But on another note I was going thru some of spookys art files and downloaded some of Fremens work and that guy has some excellent stuff!!
If I was a better artist I would do my own but I am completely lacking in the art talent Big B has some truly excellent work too and if nobody has looked at Juan G. alternate scenarios he has some great work too!!

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 32
RE: Would anyone like to make me a piece of shipside art? - 4/28/2013 6:13:09 PM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

quote:

That’s overreacting, and a bit childish. The guys made it perfectly clear many times that they waived their rights for game purposes. But credit should be given where credit is due.

I just saw this, and for my part - I have no problems with people modifying ship art I made.

Have fun.

Brian

I'm not sure who did what art files in the game so I usually just put in a blanket statement thanking the AE team for the original art. I forgot to do that on the occasion in question so I apologize.

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 4/28/2013 6:39:04 PM >

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 33
RE: Would anyone like to make me a piece of shipside art? - 4/30/2013 12:33:09 AM   
TOMLABEL

quote:

quote:

Have fun.

Brian

Hi Gary!
I'm on the same page as Brian. Keep up the good work!
Kelley

Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 34
RE: Would anyone like to make me a piece of shipside art? - 4/30/2013 3:08:45 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: TOMLABEL

quote:

quote:

Have fun.

Brian

Hi Gary!
I'm on the same page as Brian. Keep up the good work!
Kelley

Thanks Kelley! Certainly couldn't do it without the AE team's hard work so thank you again everyone who did the art work for AE. You guys did an amazing job!

(in reply to TOMLABEL)
Post #: 35
RE: Would anyone like to make me a piece of shipside art? - 4/30/2013 9:36:55 AM   
SargeantTex

Yes they did and I am sure all the AE admirals appreciate the work cuz I am sure it takes some real talent to make those ships that beautiful,tried many times myself but cant get paint colors quite right without them turning a little cartoonish!!
Thank you gary Childress for your work too and I did find The New Zealand files stashed in some old forum files are much appreciated and the New Zealand navy thanks you in my new MOD!!

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Would anyone like to make me a piece of shipside art? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI