Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Next Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Next Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Next Game - 4/21/2013 8:08:07 AM   
Firebri

I think we all know HoS will go down well. So my question is, what's next on the drawing board ?
Post #: 1
RE: Next Game - 4/21/2013 9:55:28 PM   
RooksBailey

Hopefully something from his WWIII-themed World at War series.

(in reply to Firebri)
Post #: 2
RE: Next Game - 4/29/2013 1:34:21 AM   
MikeS369

This game is not even released and you are asking about the next game. Hahahahahah. It's been what, 8 or 9 years since the game was announced.

(in reply to RooksBailey)
Post #: 3
RE: Next Game - 4/29/2013 1:55:33 AM   
k9mike

LOL...Let the boy dream would ya...;)
He's just asking whats next on the drawing board. This game IS coming out...but, what will they do for the next expansion etc...

(in reply to MikeS369)
Post #: 4
RE: Next Game - 4/29/2013 2:29:00 AM   
Erik Rutins

After this release? Post-release support.

Seriously, too early to tell. It's been a lot of work to finish this one so let's see how it goes and plan from there. The game was designed to be expandable.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 5
RE: Next Game - 4/29/2013 2:43:10 AM   
Richie61

World at War series would be more like the Flash Point Germany 2 coming out.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1197

Now Heroes of the Gap is based on the Band of Heroes rules and a GREAT board game!

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Next Game - 4/29/2013 8:23:41 AM   
fran52

As a next game I hope to see all the possible expansion possible,with French,British,American ,Japanese and why not also Italian with Africa Korps in the desert.Is also important to have the possibility to edit map ,to give at the game long life.

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 7
RE: Next Game - 4/29/2013 2:10:43 PM   
midgard30

Cool to see that PC game looks almost identical to the board game. For a moment I thought that HoS turned out to be a modern warfare game. Lol.

< Message edited by macob30 -- 4/29/2013 2:13:34 PM >

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 8
RE: Next Game - 4/29/2013 8:35:02 PM   
Firebri

To mikeS369 I'm 52. I can't wait another 8+ years for another game lol. To Acrpora, I like what you're saying mate.

I'd like to see some modern battles too. Iraq, Afghanistan etc.

(in reply to midgard30)
Post #: 9
RE: Next Game - 4/29/2013 10:28:37 PM   
k9mike

Ever notice how all the WWII guys are around the same age...lol
I am (50)...;)

(in reply to Firebri)
Post #: 10
RE: Next Game - 4/29/2013 11:21:19 PM   
wodin

41...it is an issue actually..I have a feeling I wont see the perfect (for me) tactical wargame made. It would take 5+ years to make most likely and as far as I know it isn't even being considered yet.

So I will take what comes along looking for something close to what I want..this is one such game. Saying all that it isn't a first day purchase. I will wait for impressions of play then make a decision.

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 11
RE: Next Game - 5/1/2013 1:40:32 AM   
k9mike

many years ago....I often thought...Why don't they just make a PC game that models after the great Boardgames of Avalon Hill...lol...
Then I would have someone to play with...

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 12
RE: Next Game - 5/1/2013 8:02:19 PM   
andym

Now THAT would be awesome mike.I have so many AH games in my loft but nobody to play against!

Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 13
RE: Next Game - 5/2/2013 12:20:38 AM   
k9mike

I have started playing "Up Front" via Vassal with a couple of friends....They have both of the other games I used to play...but, I havenet played them in so long that I cant remember the rules well...lol. You should check out Vassal...its great and has a lot of the games on there. Its just that you have to really know the game, because the PC doesn't help you with rules and such. That's why have been looking forward to a "PC" game that is coming "Right from the Board" so to speak. This one looks exactly like the boardgame, and hope turns out well for them. It will definitely help the business of getting more. ;)
Mike

(in reply to andym)
Post #: 14
RE: Next Game - 5/2/2013 1:27:17 AM   
wodin

K9 me too..OK here is my list of games I wnat given a proper PC conversion...

ASL
ATS
Streets of Stalingrad
Deathride Kursk and expansions
GD'42
J D Websters Whistling Death
The Speed of Heat
Steel Wolves
Bloody April Airwar over Arras
Wings
Wings of War
Der Weltkrieg series
Napoleons Triumph
Panzer series (GMT remake)
Dust Tactics (Lots of minis games should have PC conversion)
Sergeants
Turning Point Stalingrad
Batle for Stalingrad Excalibur games editon.

< Message edited by wodin -- 5/2/2013 1:29:48 AM >

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 15
RE: Next Game - 5/2/2013 1:37:00 AM   
Gunhawk

Mike I think that the reason that the "Up Front" rules are hard to remember is that the armor rules aren't very intuitive and they are over "chromed".  I gave up on the game, even though I like it, because my chances to play were few and far between and I had to learn the rules all over again each time that I played.  I'm in Florida right now and my game is at home, but when I get back to New Jersey i'll check out the "Up Front" Vassal module.  Right now i'm anticipating the Twilight Struggle PC version that GMT and Rivermyst have in development.  The game is in Beta.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 16
RE: Next Game - 5/2/2013 4:21:25 AM   
k9mike

Hey...didn't know you played Up Front.
I have been playing a lot and have relearned the game well with the guy I have been playing. He is a great player and has done a lot with game. He has designed a Campaign Module and is adding more an more...pretty cool. I mainly like playing without AFV...they tend to either suck really bad, or make the play too off balance...
The rules are tough...but, the more you play the more they start sticking...but, there are still those occasions where you have to double check something...like All board type games. (even though this is card game...lol)
The guy I am playing knows this game like the back of his hand and has been playing it for like 20+ years. I remember I bought it way back when it came out(was stationed in Ca. and saw it)...but, lost the game during a move. Movers prob horked it..Oh well...give me a howler sometime when you get the Vassal. Maybe we could get a basic game going.
Mike

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 17
RE: Next Game - 5/2/2013 5:17:32 AM   
Gunhawk

Mike I played when I had the chance.  I haven't looked at it for over ten years!  As I said, i'm not crazy about the armor rules, but I liked the basic infantry rules enough to buy the "Banzai" and "Desert War" expansions.  The new "Up Front" seems to be hanging in Limbo due to some legal problems.  I would really like to see UF issued with some rules clarifications for jungle warfare.  The inability to ever get a solid answer to his questions caused Mike Nagel to stop publishing "Relative Range", which was a quarterly newsletter about "Up Front".  Avalon Hill was a frustrating company to deal with at times. I still have Panzerblitz, Panzer Leader, Squad leader and few other AH games up in my attic.  I used to attend the World Boardgaming championships when that was called Avalon Con.  I stopped going to the WBC a few years ago, but I enjoyed playing in the Battle Cry and M44 tourneys there.  A talked to Mike Borg a few times and he's a really good guy.

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 18
RE: Next Game - 5/2/2013 5:36:11 AM   
wodin

Gunhawk GMT Games Panzer remake is getting greta reviews at the moment.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 19
RE: Next Game - 5/2/2013 1:32:13 PM   
Richie61

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Gunhawk GMT Games Panzer remake is getting greta reviews at the moment.

I have the new Panzer game and it's 2 expansions. This a a great board game for WWII armor!

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 20
RE: Next Game - 5/3/2013 12:03:35 AM   
wodin

GD'42 looks like a good buy aswell.

I'm debating whether to save up and use Xmas money etc and buy into ASL, it's something I consider and get an urge to do every couple of years.

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 21
RE: Next Game - 5/3/2013 12:41:56 AM   
k9mike

Just to reiterate...Vassal is a great platform to be able to play a lot of the old "Boardgames"...its just that you need to have knowledge of the game and rules in order to play through it. But, if you have a good working knowledge of the rules, and can find a good mentor of Vassal...you will be ok. ;)
Sorry to pimp Vassal..but, it is a great place to be able to play old games with people, without having to be in person.
Mike

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 22
RE: Next Game - 5/3/2013 3:31:39 AM   
Richie61

If you buy ASL, then you should pick this up too. These rules really wake the game up.
quote:

Retro, 4th edition is a tactical, squad-level World War II combat variant rules set. Its goal is to provide players--experienced and inexperienced alike--with simplified rules to enable them to play and enjoy tactical wargames and modules without having to master hundreds of pages of rules and a steep learning curve. You must own the necessary components (counters and mapsheets) of the "host" game to utilize Retro.

http://minden_games.homestead.com/Retro4.html

I want to buy ATS Basic Game II: Streets of Stalingrad really bad

Course the in printing Panzer: Game Expansion "Drive to the Rhine" is coming too

Sun Tzu

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 23
RE: Next Game - 5/3/2013 7:41:22 AM   
wodin

Richie..ATS looks great not a bad idea to me..

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Next Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI