Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HUCE windows legacy versions registry settings doubt

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> HUCE windows legacy versions registry settings doubt Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HUCE windows legacy versions registry settings doubt - 4/30/2013 8:52:58 PM   
rsitaly

Hello!

I like the possibility to play using the old DOS and WINDOWS versions (I'm speaking of all the classic versions installed by ULTIMATE) but I have a doubt; the technical notes states:
"The launcher makes registry changes when running the Windows versions (except HCE) so if you have other copies of the Windows versions installed you may find the BattlesetPath is pointing to the HC20 version of the game after running it via the launcher."

For "other copies of the Windows versions" it means others versions in addition to those installed by the ULTIMATE installer or the problem can occurs also with the versions installed by the ULTIMATE installer? I have only the ones installed by the ULTIMATE installer and I'd love to play again HC97 or HC2002 GOLD ones ...

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

< Message edited by rsitaly -- 5/1/2013 4:13:42 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: HUCE windows legacy versions registry settings doubt - 5/1/2013 10:13:07 PM   
TonyE

If you only are using the copies that come with the Ultimate Edition you will be fine. For others who do use lots of different installs the 'fix' is to click the BattleSets button when at the BattleSet selector and point it to the proper folder/directory.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to rsitaly)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> HUCE windows legacy versions registry settings doubt Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI