Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What happened to David Heath?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> What happened to David Heath? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What happened to David Heath? - 5/1/2013 3:40:52 PM   
wodin

Just wondering. It seems he has left Slitherine group..yet never said goodbye on the forum but quietly slipped away. Does anyone know what he is doing now? Being the founder (I believe he was though I may be wrong)of Matrix Games it seemed abit sad that he never said goodbye and the old customers never got to say bye to him either.

Post #: 1
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/1/2013 4:02:25 PM   
carnifex

Seems he hasn't been around for a while, according to his profile:

David Heath
Consultant
Pueblo, ColoradoComputer Software

Previous
Matrix Games Ltd. & Slitherine Software, Matrix Games

Experience

Director of New Business Development
Matrix Games Ltd. & Slitherine Software
May 2010 – May 2012(2 years 1 month)Pueblo, Colorado Area
Advising new businesses strategy which includes bringing in new developers and and structuring commercial transactions. I am always interested in ways to expand our company products sales.

CEO of Matrix Games, Inc.
Matrix Games
January 1999 – May 2010 (11 years 5 months)Greater New York City Area
Advising new businesses on formation of corporations and business structures, drafting privacy policies and structuring commercial transactions.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/1/2013 6:18:54 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

I've wondered the same thing many times. Heath always seemed like a good guy. Just speculation, but he might have bowed out shortly after his father passed. That seems about the last time he was mentioned.

Wherever you are David, I wish you the best.

mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 3
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/1/2013 10:36:18 PM   
rhondabrwn

+1

Wishing you the best as well, David. I'm sure you will find success in your new endeavor!

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 4
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/1/2013 10:48:35 PM   
histgamer

+1

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 5
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/4/2013 4:37:10 PM   
Sarge

This subject has come up often , I find it extremely strange that there is total avoidance on matrix part to just confirm that DH has moved on...

< Message edited by Sarge -- 5/4/2013 4:38:06 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/4/2013 6:50:40 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

This subject has come up often , I find it extremely strange that there is total avoidance on matrix part to just confirm that DH has moved on...

Well there may be internal and private reasons for not disclosing it Sarge. At least it seems that way to me.

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 5/4/2013 9:47:14 PM >

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 7
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/4/2013 9:34:35 PM   
freeboy

I go away for a few months and you guys lose DH? WHAT?
David, we miss you and many many here, members of these boards as well as others wish you the very best of fortune! Welcome to Colorado.

Post #: 8
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/4/2013 11:13:16 PM   
rhondabrwn

Having sold my software Corporation to a Canadian company, I can relate to the need to "move on" to "pursue other interests" when new management takes over. Despite the best intentions of cooperation etc etc etc once policies and operational decisions start getting modified to merge the companies friction soon develops. I don't know if this happened, but I can totally understand if it did.

In my case, it worked out much better that we parted company and I went on to become a teacher as a new career. A fresh start is also invigorating so I'm sure David is probably enjoying the new challenges. Wishing him all the good fortune possible!

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 9
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/5/2013 3:47:36 PM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Well there may be internal and private reasons for not disclosing it Sarge. At least it seems that way to me.

you don't have to be Dick Tracy to figure there is an obvious adovidence on Matrix part

doesn't sit well

< Message edited by Sarge -- 5/5/2013 3:51:07 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/5/2013 4:36:56 PM   
histgamer

It's always nice to get an explanation but at the same time I wouldn't expect it. It's really none of our business and for all we know they can't let us know. Maybe it's for personal reasons maybe it's for business reasons maybe it's for legal reasons who knows but to assume matrix is withholding information maliciously is pretty presumptuous.
quote:

quote:

you don't have to be Dick Tracy to figure there is an obvious adovidence on Matrix part

doesn't sit well

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 11
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/5/2013 4:38:44 PM   
Toby42

I went to a seminar once. The subject was companies being bought out and companies merging. One statement that was made by on of the instructors remained with me for years. "It is easier to Change the people than it is to Change the people"!

Tony

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 12
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/5/2013 6:14:40 PM   
wodin

There is a photo celebrating the merger..maybe I'm reading to much into it but a picture speaks a thousand words..

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/671/Slitherine.and.Matrix.merge.to.form.Wargames.Publishing.giant

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 13
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/5/2013 7:06:34 PM   
Terminus

I personally don't see the issue. Slitherine doesn't owe anybody an explanation for Heath's absence.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 14
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/5/2013 11:07:32 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I personally don't see the issue. Slitherine doesn't owe anybody an explanation for Heath's absence.

I don't think anyone is demanding they disclose Teminus. People were just kind of curious. I was. Completely their choice.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 15
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/6/2013 12:14:06 AM   
Sarge

quote:

Guess I come from a more friendly part of the world, folks around these parts tend to  ask question after a decade of visiting a store front and talking shop with the owner/operator and happen to hear through the grapevine he has left .......?

There's no reason to be offended .......or whatever your hang up is this week, if they don't want to share what happened that's right ...their not "obligated" we get that.....

< Message edited by Sarge -- 5/6/2013 12:16:29 AM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 16
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/6/2013 12:36:25 AM   
Terminus

Awww, did I step on your iddy-biddy widdle toesies, Sarge? Good.

Slitherine/Matrix/AGEOD is a COMPANY. They exist to make a profit. They are not our friends. They don't us any explanation.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 17
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/6/2013 1:09:25 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

On a lighter note, there is a wrestler named David Heath. Is it the same man? We'll just say it is.

'Heath played a gothic, vampiric character called Gangrel, who spat blood before matches.'

Best of luck to you Vampire Warrior/Gangrel wherever you are.

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 5/6/2013 1:15:38 AM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 18
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/6/2013 1:41:25 AM   
rodney727

It's bad PR... Customer relations errrrrrrrrr never mind . I have come to realize when I speak about customer service to slitherine I might as well write it in ancient Latin .

quote:

quote:

Guess I come from a more friendly part of the world, folks around these parts tend to  ask question after a decade of visiting a store front and talking shop with the owner/operator and happen to hear through the grapevine he has left .......?

There's no reason to be offended .......or whatever your hang up is this week, if they don't want to share what happened that's right ...their not "obligated" we get that.....

< Message edited by rogo727 -- 5/6/2013 1:42:31 AM >

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 19
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/6/2013 2:05:14 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Matrix has the best customer service in the industry imo. I should know. They've went far and beyond the call to help me with issues early on and I have witnessed much of the same for the time I have been here.

How you relate the release of company motives to the general public and customer service is beyond me.

For someone who says they were in retail for so long rogo, you sure epitomize that one customer that anyone in the industry has had the misfortune to deal with, including myself. Strange indeed.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 20
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/6/2013 2:19:00 AM   
rodney727

No I don't think so IMO . I really don't want to get into this again...they know how I feel. It's just not me mr. M. So don't kid yourself please. While you may present yourself as all "high and mighty". I'm not buying into it. While I respect your opinion it's funny how if anyone goes against the grain they are considerd an outcast. There are many who would throw the first stone in reality they are missing a target they fail to see.
quote:

Matrix has the best customer service in the industry imo. I should know. They've went far and beyond the call to help me with issues early on and I have witnessed much of the same for the time I have been here.

How you relate the release of company motives to the general public and customer service is beyond me.

For someone who says they were in retail for so long rogo, you sure epitomize that one customer that anyone in the industry has had the misfortune to deal with, including myself. Strange indeed.

< Message edited by rogo727 -- 5/6/2013 2:57:11 AM >

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 21
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/6/2013 3:13:59 AM   
rodney727

Thanks wodin
quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

There is a photo celebrating the merger..maybe I'm reading to much into it but a picture speaks a thousand words..

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/671/Slitherine.and.Matrix.merge.to.form.Wargames.Publishing.giant

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 22
RE: What happened to David Heath? - 5/6/2013 8:41:02 AM   
IainMcNeil

At Dave's request no announcement was made. Rogo and Wodin please don't start off down some new conspiracy theory. I'm locking this before you say something you regret.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> What happened to David Heath? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI