Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/22/2013 10:16:52 AM   
borsook79

Wasn't it supposed to be released yesterday i.e. on the 21st?

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 31
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/22/2013 12:16:57 PM   
catwhoorg

No, tomorrow.

23rd.

(per VPaulus post upthread)

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 32
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/22/2013 12:19:51 PM   
borsook79

quote:

ORIGINAL: catwhoorg

No, tomorrow.

23rd.

(per VPaulus post upthread)

Oh, seems I'm too eager for it to arrive and my brain switched the dates. :)

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 33
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/23/2013 3:13:46 PM   
catwhoorg

Its up on the store.

and bought

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 34
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/23/2013 9:29:53 PM   
Rosseau

Dumb question I have every PzCorp product ever sold. So what I get with the megapack is go from '39 to '45 - every theatre - in one huge campaign. I can fight 150 battles bringing over my cores - something I cannot do now, correct?

For example, right now if I finish Afrika Korps that's it. I can't jump to the Russian front without the megapack...

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 35
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/23/2013 9:49:13 PM   
borsook79

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Dumb question I have every PzCorp product ever sold. So what I get with the megapack is go from '39 to '45 - every theatre - in one huge campaign. I can fight 150 battles bringing over my cores - something I cannot do now, correct?

For example, right now if I finish Afrika Korps that's it. I can't jump to the Russian front without the megapack...

It is still the same. You can't continue AK core in any other campain, and you can't switch between Eastern and Western front after 1942.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 36
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/25/2013 2:34:58 PM   
The_Mad_Hatter

Perhaps Im dense or missing something. Just downloaded GC went through the poland/norway scenarios. I now have to manually go into france 40 to continue? I though it was one continuos campaign??

Did I miss something when I started new??

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 37
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/25/2013 3:29:59 PM   
VPaulus

It's a continuous campaign, only you'll have to move manually to each GC branch. You'll be able to import your core.

(in reply to The_Mad_Hatter)
Post #: 38
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/26/2013 10:23:36 PM   
rodney727

Even tho I own 7/10 dcls I paid 39.99 for this. How awesome is the 1.4 patch? Thank you slitherine !

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 39
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/26/2013 10:43:25 PM   
VPaulus

I'm sorry to hear that. But have you follow the instructions in the product page?

quote:

If you have already purchased parts of the Grand Campaign you are eligible for a discount of up to 70% off! Find out more here

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 4/26/2013 11:02:11 PM >

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 40
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/27/2013 7:34:05 AM   
Lord Zimoa

On a side note, if you log into multiplayer just once, it will automatically register all you DLC`s, did you generate a discount coupon prior to your purchase as is instructed on the product page, see VPaulus his quote?

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 41
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/27/2013 2:01:18 PM   
vonRocko

I think Rogo means that even though he could have got a discount, he paid full price to show support.

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 42
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/27/2013 2:10:21 PM   
Lord Zimoa

In that case, thank you very much. ;-)

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 43
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 4/28/2013 11:01:40 PM   
rodney727

I never get tired of this game. I am almost done with the 39 grand campaign on field Marshall . I am enjoying the new heroes . Very happy thank you.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 44
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 5/3/2013 7:08:02 PM   
Three4Flinching

I have a question regarding the dlc for this game and the mega pack. I´m thinking about buying one of the dlc packs and try before buying the mega pack (student, so money is an issue). Is it possible to get the discount at a later date or is it for a limited time only?

My second question, is it possible to see prices in my local currency? I can only see the price in USD.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 45
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 5/3/2013 10:13:32 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Three4Flinching

I have a question regarding the dlc for this game and the mega pack. I´m thinking about buying one of the dlc packs and try before buying the mega pack (student, so money is an issue). Is it possible to get the discount at a later date or is it for a limited time only?

My second question, is it possible to see prices in my local currency? I can only see the price in USD.

The discount will only last until 23rd of May.
Regarding your second question I think you'll be able to check how much it will cost in SEK if you simulate the order. Just proceed to the checkout before inserting your payment details.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 5/3/2013 10:14:33 PM >

(in reply to Three4Flinching)
Post #: 46
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 5/4/2013 12:21:28 AM   
Dragoon.

I never used the SLitherine Store but at the Matrix store you can change the currency in the upper right corner. There is a ratio drop down box for it.
In my experience it's best to use US$ because the conversion rates are quite bad. Of course it may also depends on your payment method, but if you have a credit card with out foreign currency fee US$ is the best option.

My recommended currency converter.
http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

Post #: 47
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 5/4/2013 7:17:29 AM   
Three4Flinching

Ok, thanks!

I will probably pick up the Mega pack at a later date instead of buying them seperatly then.

Still can´t see that slide you are talking about Dragoon. I usually use curency converters when buying things online but I just thought it would be convenient to see it in my curency from the start.

(in reply to Dragoon.)
Post #: 48
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 5/4/2013 7:47:18 AM   
Dragoon.

I made a screenshot of how the Matrix store looks to me in Firefox with the currency switch box marked in red. Maybe the page looks different in your browser.

http://i.imgur.com/K3Zd1Uo.jpg?1

Edit: You should definitely buy the Mega Pack instead the DLC's separately . This will save you ~4.5gb data to download and time.
The reason is that each DLC comes with the latest patch of that time imbedded. Which is the biggest chuck of the download. The DLC files itself are quite small but the last patch (1.14) was like 850mb. You really don't want download the patch 10 times :)

< Message edited by Dragoon -- 5/4/2013 7:54:47 AM >

Post #: 49
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 5/4/2013 9:07:30 AM   
Three4Flinching

Ok, it was me being stupid I was looking at the store (info) page of the game not the purchase screen, thanks Dragoon.

One more question, is the longer campaign better, more varied, then the original one, the one in vanilla? I´m really bad at the game so I have not been able to get to the american missions yet, but I´m starting to get really tired of some of the early missions (Norway I´m looking at you!)

(in reply to Dragoon.)
Post #: 50
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 5/4/2013 10:40:46 AM   
Dragoon.

The DLC is really great. You have like 150 scenarios to play before you reach the last stand at Berlin (maybe? ;).
This gives you not only a lot of time to learn the game and the various units but also creates a little narrative story of it's own. When you look on one of your tanks and remember fondly how you drove it across France, through Greece and the Ukrainian steeps.

The original campaign is of course a lot shorter. You can check out the campaign tree by starting the game and go to the in game Library. Also the original campaign is a quite difficult. In the Grand DLC campaign the difficulty gradually increase.

I give you two hints that let me win on Field Marshal difficulty but fore more advanced tactics visit the Slitherine Panzer Corps forums.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=121

In this game you can use a variation of the classic Pike & Bow tactic. With Pike being tanks and bow being artillery.

It works like that. You first stun an enemy, called here suppression, with artillery or a level/strategic bomber.
Then you attack him with your tanks. Because you stunned him he will not retaliate in full strength or maybe even not all. This will not only preserve the strength of your units, but also save you a lot money which you can then use to buy more units or overstrenght your units.

Early German tanks are very weak. Check the stats. This is really important. Learn the units stats (right click on a unit) and check the combat results (press L after combat) to understand how things work and why. If you hate the random battle results you can use the chessmode cheat which gives always equalized results. However this makes the game a bit easier. Bad dice rolls obviously hurts you more than it hurts the AI.

If you check early German tanks stats you will see they have a quite low hard defense value. Their ground defense is so low even artillery can hurt them. This will change from 1942 on with the new tanks. Eventually your tanks will become immune against most Russian artillery strikes. Because of that don't invest much infantry. I say more than 4 units is waste. In my last game I didn't not even bother anymore to buy any additional infantry. I just used the free infantry I got from the SS later as gift.

Because your early tanks are so weak have them backed up with artillery is very important to prevent the AI attacking them. Don't bother to use towed artillery instead just this Sig33. But beware it has a very low ammo reserve. If you're down to 1 round it's better to supply than ran out of ammo during AI turn leaving you're units without backup.
This combo tank+arty is so strong that often the AI won't even try to attack you because the fear to take heavy causalities.

About planes. Forget about Stukas. They do nice damage. No arguing about that. But later in the war, especially if you play the West campaign, the AI has so many planes your fighter will be busy to guard your units. You don't have time to babysit Stukas. Better use ME110 Fighter bombers. They are still so weak that they need escords, but when an enemy airwaves arrives you can use your fighter to kill the enemy fighter and your fighter-bomber to shoot down his bombers. This way you can clear an enemy wave in 1-2 rounds giving you often 2 rounds time to go wild before the next wave comes.

Strategic bomber on the other hand are quite nice. The later bombers are so good they can stand their ground against if ambushed by fighter Most importantly, like artillery they can stun enemy ground units. Plus overstrengh bombers are so powerful that they can completely destroy the ammo/full supplies of an enemy unit down to 1 ammo round + 5 fuel.
You can use this in 1944 and later to delay a powerful enemy tank moving up, or in a defense scenario if you corner it with two units, leave it stranded and use it as barricade. One hex less the enemy can attack your line. ;p

One last trick. Each DLC has a experience cap so you don't get supper 5 stars unit immediately. When your units hit the experiance cap consider not to deploy then again, but instead buy a new unit. It's easier to train a fresh unit in '40 than '44 again mean Russian IS-2 tanks. For example I finish building my core fore in 1940. Except for a few Anti-tank units I buy later since the PzI anti-tank is completely useless unit.
My final core force was like ~ 3 Inf, 3 SS-Inf, 15 Tanks (10 Panther Tanks 2 Tiger I, 2 Tiger II. I lost one later :( ) +6 SS tanks. 4 AT Tanks, 16 Artillery units, 2 8.8 AA guns (you get later a lot AA units for free in the east and west campaign), 9 fighters ( was 10 lost one :( ), 5 fighter-bombers (was 6) and 4 strategic bombers (here I lost one too).

Ups, look at this wall of text. I got carried away. Sorry won't happen again.

Post #: 51
RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! - 5/4/2013 11:03:33 AM   
Three4Flinching

That was alot of helpful info Dragoon, thanks! I have put to much faith in infantry it seems, will think about that the next time I play.

Yes the difficulty in the vanilla campaign is , to me at least, not that good, especially when it comes to the decisive victory conditions.

Now I´m really pumped to play the larger campaign Will save up some money and buy it at a later date.

< Message edited by Three4Flinching -- 5/4/2013 11:04:44 AM >

(in reply to Dragoon.)
Post #: 52
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is coming! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI