Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with installation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Help with installation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with installation - 5/8/2013 9:18:20 AM   
feygan

I recently upgraded my system and had some issues with the DW install program. During the install it tells me that .net framework is required, and offers to install this for me. I already had this on my system but figured maybe it was an out of date version. During the .net install I get a message informing me that my current version is newer than the one DW is trying to install and so doesn't install (this I thought would be the case as I run v4).

This results in a failed install of DW and a non functioning exe telling me I am missing requirements (probably .net). I've tried to remove it and start again but no joy, any ideas? Note I did keep a backup of my old DW folder as there were mods etc I wished to copy over to the new install. As a test I tried a simple copy to my new drive and this works and allows me to play as normal without any kind of install procedure, though I would rather it done correctly with reg entries etc.

Also for the mods/devs/whoever, I failed to keep a copy of the setup files for either ROTS or legends after purchase, which now leaves me without a way to install them to my new system. I cannot see anywhere in my account of the members section for a replacement download, how do I get one? Before it gets mentioned, buying another copy is out of the question due to funds.
Post #: 1
RE: Help with installation - 5/8/2013 9:45:04 AM   
Bingeling

The other missing requirement is windows media player. So would love to remove this, but DW does not like that.

It is strange that the old stuff works but the new don't. That sounds like a corrupt install, and not related to any missing things in the .net or media player areas.

You should get new download links for your purchases if you contact the Matrix Shop.

http://www.bluesnap.com/ecommerce/support/shopper/shopper-faqs#5

(in reply to feygan)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with installation - 5/8/2013 9:48:06 AM   
feygan

Thanks for the link i'll try a new set of install files from the shop see if it helps.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Help with installation - 5/8/2013 6:36:23 PM   
Bingeling

I suggest checking the email again, and also verify if you actually bought legends :)

(in reply to feygan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Help with installation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI