Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

great game! a little feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> great game! a little feedback Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
great game! a little feedback - 5/8/2013 8:22:45 PM   
TrooperCooper

Heya!

I been playing the game (legends) for quite a while now and figured I should post some feedback since I think its a great game (it truely is - the kinda negative points /statements below are just minor things compared to the overall fantastic game experience)...

Resupply-Ships often become stuck filled with the inappropriate fuel type. So one always has to search for those pretty rare planets that only have that specific gas only. It would be very handy to give us the option to have supply ships suck only one specified type if needed, even if the planet has both. Or at least allow us to jet / dump the useless fuel type from within the cargo hold to make room for the one needed.

Mutual defense pacts pretty much function like offensive treaties in this game and such wars cascade into galaxy-wide conflicts way to often. Example: parties A + B + C + D all have a mutual defense pacts with each other. E + F + G + H are the other parties who also have mutual defense pacts with each others. Now A decides to attack E on its own (offensive action). That of course pulls F, G and H to declare war on A. And this forces B, C and D to either join in on the war or dishonour the defense pact and have it cancelled. There should be a clear distinction between two kinds of pacts: offensive and defensive. Offensive pacts would force you to join your allies if their own declarations of war triggered further parties to support the original war target. Defensive pacts would not force you to fight alongside your friends if they triggered multiple parties to declare war. So they would truely become defensive.

Carriers dont seem to start their fighters when automated. They need an active attack order to actually do what they are supposed to do or something like that. Very annoying.

Spaceports often are so large that one can not select the planet that the port has been build on. They completly cover the surface of the planet and often beyond that. To fix this, make it so that the little symbol of the planet (including name, resources and inhabiting races) is reserved for selecting the planet itself.

Why no multiplayer? God, this game would ROCK to play together with / against friends... Hearts of Iron has multiplayer as well and is kinda compareable in terms of complexity and scale. Just make sure to have an agreed game-speed option (like HOI) including pause.

I will prolly have some more once I get back to playing. But thats it for now.
Post #: 1
RE: great game! a little feedback - 5/8/2013 9:21:05 PM   
Fishers of Men

Some very good points there, TrooperCooper. I have never heard anyone talk about your point No. #1, but I can see that it could be frustrating. As far as your second point, many of us have called for a revamping of the diplomatic part of DW. Point No. #4 is very true when it comes to a space port built on a small planet or moon. A few players would like to see an improved sizing and more in scale view concerning planets vs. ships, mining stations, etc.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

Old............but very fast

(in reply to TrooperCooper)
Post #: 2
RE: great game! a little feedback - 5/8/2013 9:53:14 PM   
Bingeling

Resupply ships do even out their loads if they move from a pure source (being full) to a source with both types. The /dump command could be useful, though.

The spaceport covering a colony is a minor annoyance for me. I usually just click the star and select the colony from the selection panel.

Apart from that, you got a point with the alliances, and carriers are indeed lazy.

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> great game! a little feedback Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI