Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM Problem..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray Support >> PBEM Problem.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM Problem.. - 5/8/2013 11:31:13 PM   
kenh

Hello Everybody,

I've been playing the same opponent PBEM for many months, for hundreds of turns. No real problems.
Now suddenly, in mid game the game stopped working propery.. this was about a week ago.

The Problem:
The game is not updating the CSA.trn file.

The hosting player starts and saves the turn as normal
then emails the csa.trn file to the csa player who does the turn and sends csa.ord back.
The Early April turn works fine.
The USA player saves csa.ord in the correct folder loads turn, ends turn, plays the late april turn and sends it back..

This is where the problem shows itself.. the CSA player does not get a late april turn but the early april turn again. It appears that the hosting players turn is not updating the CSA.trn file whose modification time has not changed.
We like this game so the situation is quite frustrating. Yes we're playing the same version. I worked before!

So if anyone can help, this would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Ken.

< Message edited by kenh -- 5/8/2013 11:32:19 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray Support >> PBEM Problem.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI