Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another Noob question on supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Another Noob question on supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another Noob question on supply - 5/12/2013 6:59:23 AM   
mantrain

Still reviewing Sard AAR.
Da master saye, re Singapore 'set Sing supply level higher so that it pulls supply from trom elsewhere'
I searched the manual to describe how I would do this and I didn't find the text.
Can someone explain more on this feature? I would have thought this was explained in the manual, but sadly ifd it is, it is buried. I specifically looked in Ch 15, but did not find where you would set a supply layer. I just wish manuals were written better! It's much to ask for, a perfect world.
thanks!

< Message edited by mantrain -- 5/12/2013 7:03:10 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Another Noob question on supply - 5/12/2013 7:09:55 AM   
Capt Hornblower

On the base info screen for Singapore, go down to the Supplies Required line, then click on one of the right-pointing arrows to increase the supply being brought into Singapore from the other bases on the Malay peninsula. (You might also want to consider turning Stockpile Supply "on".)

(in reply to mantrain)
Post #: 2
RE: Another Noob question on supply - 5/12/2013 7:12:48 AM   
RichardCarpenter58

When you open up Singapore under supply is another area with 2 arrows press on the left to decrease supply and the right to increase

(in reply to mantrain)
Post #: 3
RE: Another Noob question on supply - 5/12/2013 9:44:22 AM   
mantrain

Thanks so much!

However the Admiralty has some horrific news!
The CV Lexington was detected and sunk some 200 miles north of PH.
This being my first game, must consider whether to start over, or fight on without this capital ship.
Apparently the commander of this AC TF did not heed the counsel of Sard to stay clear of the Hawaain island chain, and indeed paid the ultimate price.
How are the Allies to enter into '42 without the CV Lexington.
The nation is indeed in mourning.

(in reply to RichardCarpenter58)
Post #: 4
RE: Another Noob question on supply - 5/12/2013 1:33:17 PM   
Numdydar

No need to start over. By '44 you can go anywhere you want as the Allies No matter how far the japanese have expanded since most of what they take will be bypassed anyway.

All this means is that your operations are more limited in '42 than they would be. By '43 you will not even know she was gone

(in reply to mantrain)
Post #: 5
RE: Another Noob question on supply - 5/12/2013 7:09:26 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ric Carpenter

When you open up Singapore under supply is another area with 2 arrows press on the left to decrease supply and the right to increase

Note well that when the "supply spinner" (it's been called that here for years even though it clicks and doesn't spin) is adjusted, the base will seek to draw 3x that number to itself if it can. So, if you want to be able to restock airplanes for example, and need a minimum of 20,000 supply, setting the spinner to 7000 will cause it to try to get 21,000. If you set it at 20,000, then 60,000. This is a number that will likely corrupt local supply flows and may very well result in supply spoilage at the recieving base.

Extensive work on base supply and supply flows was done in patches after the manual was written. The manual also does not mention stockpiling switches; they were added in patches. They are extremely important in actual gameplay, however.

The Moose

(in reply to RichardCarpenter58)
Post #: 6
RE: Another Noob question on supply - 5/13/2013 5:40:20 AM   
mantrain

So, i essence I presume not to go crazy spinning wht supply and watch for spoilage?

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 7
RE: Another Noob question on supply - 5/13/2013 8:43:14 AM   
jmalter

small bases have limits on the amnt of fuel & supply they can hold, these limits are listed on the base screen, and will increase as the base is built up. Once the combined size of port-cap + airbase-cap reaches 9 or so, the base will have unlimited storage capacity.

the real prob w/ the dread SPOILAGE occurs when you overload a small atoll-island w/ a large number of LCU troops. Atolls are limited to 6,000 LCU troop-stacking, if you exceed that number of troops by more than 10-15%, supply gets dumped into the lagoon.

this effect makes atoll-invasions a special case, you have to bring add'l supply in AmphTFs to keep the attack going, & plan ahead to remove the excessive troops as quick as you can when the battle is over. Not so easy when the port-size is 0!

(in reply to mantrain)
Post #: 8
RE: Another Noob question on supply - 5/13/2013 12:55:12 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: mantrain

So, i essence I presume not to go crazy spinning wht supply and watch for spoilage?

Use the spinners sparingly, yes. They work great but are very literal. And the interactions of having several nearby bases all trying to over-draw can do things you might not like.

The Moose

(in reply to mantrain)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Another Noob question on supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI