Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Enemy forces in the select screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Enemy forces in the select screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Enemy forces in the select screen - 12/22/2012 7:52:07 PM   
killkess

One thing i never understood from the earliest Close Combat times: Why is it possible to A)see the enemy disposition in the force select screen and why is it allowed to B)Change the enemy forces?
Post #: 1
RE: Enemy forces in the select screen - 12/22/2012 10:20:22 PM   
Tejszd

You are corrct that you can only look and edit the AI forces when playing single player. Its available so that if you want a specific match up of forces or to help the AI select the best forces for the map/situation.... If you feel it is an advantage or cheating do not look and or edit the AI...

(in reply to killkess)
Post #: 2
RE: Enemy forces in the select screen - 12/23/2012 6:11:10 AM   
killkess

The problem is that the AI cant handle force selection properly. Does it even alter the forces on different terrains at all?

Knowing the exact enemy force when even looking at the campaign map is some form of emersion killer. One can alwaysperfectly match the AIs forces or i have to close my eyes when doing the map turns.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 3
RE: Enemy forces in the select screen - 12/23/2012 7:26:00 PM   
SteveMcClaire

This feature was continued in Panthers in the Fog at the near-unanimous request of the beta testers. There's no reason to look at or edit the enemy force, if you don't want to, so it's not really taking anything away from a player who doesn't want to know.  It's just there for those players who wish to make use of it.

(in reply to killkess)
Post #: 4
RE: Enemy forces in the select screen - 2/20/2013 2:21:54 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: killkess

Why is it possible to A)see the enemy disposition in the force select screen and why is it allowed to B)Change the enemy forces?

These features are *very* useful when modding. Nobody forces you to use them when playing.

(in reply to killkess)
Post #: 5
RE: Enemy forces in the select screen - 5/17/2013 3:54:13 AM   
Jagdhund

I like to have a challenge so I almost always help the computer select a viable force, make sure it as AT squads of I have tanks etc.  I also make sure squads are full str etc.  It make look like cheating but if you realy help the other side choose better units, the fights are more than a slaughter.

-Jag

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Enemy forces in the select screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI