Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

About some Pirate-Gameplay elements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> About some Pirate-Gameplay elements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
About some Pirate-Gameplay elements - 5/29/2013 1:32:38 PM   
Titan32

Hello,
I read this forum and play Distant Worlds since RotS, but it's apparently just the third time I post.
First of all, Shadows is AWESOME! I'll not explain why, it's quite obvious but not the topic here.

Second, I have few funny facts / questions about the Pirate Gameplay.

1) Because it's part of our pirate "empire", it is possible to rename planets under our controls this obviously shouldn't be allowed, right?

2) I have like twenty freighters and accepted 6 smuggling missions, but all freighters who do smuggling missions go for the same ones, for the two farest planets...
Maybe freighters should try to equally split themselves in the different missions?

3) I just boarded and captured a constructor ship from a pre-warp empire, and the automated constructor goes retrofiting at the colony to get hyperdrives and go back home
http: // image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/22/1369826610-2013-05-29-025823.jpg
Is it normal? I'm just controlling the colony at 41%, and if I capture a CS being constructed, the colony doesn't finish it for me.

4) I think boarding pods should be limited in a way or another for player's pirate empires... not the ship piece element, but the number of raiders a pirate empire can have. Maybe they could be shown/managed in the troop screen.
Because it's actually possible to make destroyers which have up to 10 boardings pods. And a fleet of these monsters is able to raid any existing colony... Just 6 of them make 299K troops on the ground!
So is it normal or as intented? Is it fair?

5) PLEASE, make Corporate Nationalism able to construct civilian ship as pirates do!
Corporate Nationalism is about a corporation-state, this government should be able to buy the working tools for his population. This way, maybe, it'll be possible to keep this government a bit longer
Same for Feudalism, where you could give working tools to your vassals/peons (but not for Monarchy which seems to be a non-feudal/ constitutional one in this game).

Waiting for answers and sorry if some points have already been treated elsewhere.

< Message edited by Titan32 -- 5/29/2013 1:38:47 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: About some Pirate-Gameplay elements - 5/30/2013 12:10:45 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titan32

Hello,
I read this forum and play Distant Worlds since RotS, but it's apparently just the third time I post.
First of all, Shadows is AWESOME! I'll not explain why, it's quite obvious but not the topic here.

Second, I have few funny facts / questions about the Pirate Gameplay.

1) Because it's part of our pirate "empire", it is possible to rename planets under our controls this obviously shouldn't be allowed, right?

This doesn't affect the gameplay at all, so this is allowed

quote:

2) I have like twenty freighters and accepted 6 smuggling missions, but all freighters who do smuggling missions go for the same ones, for the two farest planets...
Maybe freighters should try to equally split themselves in the different missions?

Which missions the freighters fulfill depends on what resources your empire has supplies of and other factors. As a general rule, you should not accept too many smuggling missions, nor ones that are too distant. You'll make more money by confining yourself to smuggling for a few nearby locations.

quote:

3) I just boarded and captured a constructor ship from a pre-warp empire, and the automated constructor goes retrofiting at the colony to get hyperdrives and go back home
http: // image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/22/1369826610-2013-05-29-025823.jpg
Is it normal? I'm just controlling the colony at 41%, and if I capture a CS being constructed, the colony doesn't finish it for me.

Hmmm, not intended. Will add that to the list to fix

quote:

4) I think boarding pods should be limited in a way or another for player's pirate empires... not the ship piece element, but the number of raiders a pirate empire can have. Maybe they could be shown/managed in the troop screen.
Because it's actually possible to make destroyers which have up to 10 boardings pods. And a fleet of these monsters is able to raid any existing colony... Just 6 of them make 299K troops on the ground!
So is it normal or as intented? Is it fair?

We may need to rebalance this some more, but that is working as designed.

quote:

5) PLEASE, make Corporate Nationalism able to construct civilian ship as pirates do!
Corporate Nationalism is about a corporation-state, this government should be able to buy the working tools for his population. This way, maybe, it'll be possible to keep this government a bit longer
Same for Feudalism, where you could give working tools to your vassals/peons (but not for Monarchy which seems to be a non-feudal/ constitutional one in this game).

Interesting idea, but may be a bit complicated to implement unfortunately

(in reply to Titan32)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> About some Pirate-Gameplay elements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI