Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tankhead SPWaW Resources New Scenario!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tankhead SPWaW Resources New Scenario! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tankhead SPWaW Resources New Scenario! - 1/7/2003 6:17:09 AM   
Tankhead

Hello Everyone!

Many thanks to M4 for sending me this scenario.

New H2H only, 60 turn monster KURSK scenario from Jess "M4" Housley. The battle of Kursk was monumental for numerous reasons but will almost always be remembered for being the largest clash of armor, certainly during W.W.II and would not be rivaled until the Arab-Israeli wars of the 1960's and 1970's. The vast area around the city of Kursk presented itself as a target with a salient being formed in the Russian line of defense. Hitler needed a victory that would regain the initiative in the east and declared that Operation Zitadelle as it was known" would shine like a beacon to the world" and would avenge the crushing defeat at Stalingrad earlier in the year, but even he had misgivings about the whole affair. The brilliant armor strategist Heinz Guderian once asked Hitler "Was it really necessary to attack Kursk and indeed in the East that year at all. Do you think anyone even knows where Kursk is?" To which Hitler agreed with him saying, "I know. The thought of it turns my stomach."

Enjoy!

Tankhead

Post #: 1
- 1/7/2003 10:42:51 AM   
Supervisor

Oh boy, Kursk what a moumnetal tasking! The 4-way he design was superb (even though it hadn't been finished) so this must be beautiful.:)

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tankhead SPWaW Resources New Scenario! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI