Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fighting myself in ground combat

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Fighting myself in ground combat Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fighting myself in ground combat - 6/1/2013 5:55:05 AM   
BenLen

Here's the situation: there was an independent colony with hostile inhabitants, so I decided to invade to kill them. I set a colony ship to come in thinking that the invasion will kill off the population and I'll replace it with my colonists. The invasion starts and I'm winning. Then the colony ship arrives, and the colony switches to my control. But the fight keeps going. So now its Me vs. Me and the defenders are getting the advantages, and I could not find a way to 'abort' the invasion (is there a way to cancel an invasion?). My troop commander ended up dying there :( But in the end I had a happy colony under my control.

This bug occurred using the 19.0.1 version of the game, but I didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes so I figured I should post it.
Post #: 1
RE: Fighting myself in ground combat - 6/1/2013 9:38:35 AM   
Kruos

Something weird and quite similar happened to me, but during a pirate base assault (empire point of vue) : during the battle my governor was printed on the pirate side and was killed at the end of the assault (I won).

(in reply to BenLen)
Post #: 2
RE: Fighting myself in ground combat - 6/1/2013 11:20:29 AM   
Strat_84

This happened to me once too.

A Pirate faction attacked one of my planets (which had a pirate base of another faction). My troops were on the invading side with the "boarding" pirates but my general (which was being transfered to that planet) landed in the middle of the fight ... On the loosing Pirate side. Of course he died when I won.

(in reply to Kruos)
Post #: 3
RE: Fighting myself in ground combat - 6/18/2013 2:32:56 PM   
MarQan

This made me laugh :D On the brightside there's no way you can lose!

I know it's a little late, but I'd try to load the troops onto a troop transport.

(in reply to Strat_84)
Post #: 4
RE: Fighting myself in ground combat - 6/18/2013 8:25:40 PM   
Bebop Cola

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kruos

Something weird and quite similar happened to me, but during a pirate base assault (empire point of vue) : during the battle my governor was printed on the pirate side and was killed at the end of the assault (I won).

To me, this is not entirely inappropriate. A criminal cartel has gained immense influence on a colony world. You, as the Imperial authority, order an assault on that cartel's headquarters, but the governor is in their pocket so he lends his influence to them and is killed when their base falls.

If the assault fails, he manages to retain his position through their influence.

That's how I imagine it, anyway.

(in reply to Kruos)
Post #: 5
RE: Fighting myself in ground combat - 6/18/2013 10:59:13 PM   
turtlefang

Not quiet the same thing but close.

I invaded an independent world with 24 troops from three transports. I landed the troops but never received a notice that I had taken over the colony. My troops were the only ones on the planet. No pirates, and from what I could tell, no fighting. But the troops seemed to be slowly dying from attrition.

However, I couldn't build a spaceport, couldn't load my troops, the colony never showed up on my colony screen and it just sat there for about 2 years. Finally, a pirate invaded, then the native population rose up and killed the pirates and wiped out my troops and general that was stuck there.

It didn't happen on any other world that I invaded. But I wondered if I had missed something.

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 6
RE: Fighting myself in ground combat - 6/19/2013 12:13:17 PM   
jt77

I am having this same problem when dealing with pirate lair on planets that I take over. Generals and other characters on planet always get killed.

(in reply to BenLen)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Fighting myself in ground combat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI