Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship not regenerating boarding pods.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Ship not regenerating boarding pods. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship not regenerating boarding pods. - 6/1/2013 5:58:20 AM   
Bebop Cola

I have a destroyer with a ship captain character stationed on it who happens to have the Bounty Hunter trait. I used this ship to capture another, but afterwards the destroyer in question would not regenerate its boarding pods despite the rest of the fleet doing so.

Save game uploaded:
Kasto Kalan - Bounty Hunter.dwg
Post #: 1
RE: Ship not regenerating boarding pods. - 6/4/2013 3:30:36 AM   
Bebop Cola

I'm still seeing this happen on occasion. I have a different ship that isn't regenerating one of its pods, and interestingly enough, I think it may just be because it's still floating in space right near where my ship attempted to capture another one. It's as if the game isn't regenerating the pod because it thinks the pod is still in use somehow, despite the pod never having made it to its last destination and is now floating in space.

I suspect this is what happened with the first one as I recall the ship I was trying to capture then warped just as the boarding pods were launched.

Savegame Uploadeed:
is that my boarding pod.dwg

Ship is a cruiser in the fleet selected and screen is centered on both the fleet, and the boarding pod floating in space(towards the bottom left of the space station just below the medium freighter).

< Message edited by Bebop Cola -- 6/4/2013 3:31:18 AM >

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship not regenerating boarding pods. - 6/4/2013 11:45:00 PM   
Kayoz

I've observed this as well.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship not regenerating boarding pods. - 6/5/2013 6:29:23 PM   
Tiberiumkyle

I've observed this when the ship being boarded is destroyed before capture, as well as when a colony repels my raid. Should I encounter it again, I'll upload a save, as I didn't think to make copies at the time.

In your forums, lurking about!

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 4
RE: Ship not regenerating boarding pods. - 12/24/2013 9:20:43 PM   
Bebop Cola

I'm still seeing this bug in the most recent release. I started a completely new game for the release.

I attempted to capture a pirate vessel, but it was destroyed before the boarding pods could get to it. The ship that launched those pods has not regenerated those pods despite extended continued play.

(in reply to Tiberiumkyle)
Post #: 5
RE: Ship not regenerating boarding pods. - 12/26/2013 1:20:07 PM   
ReadeB

A simple routine to have the pods return to the launching ship and immediately be ready for deployment would be a nice solution here.

Like fighters that are recalled manually.

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 6
RE: Ship not regenerating boarding pods. - 6/13/2014 6:59:08 PM   
Glymner

This happens to me sometimes when the order is changed to attack when the pods are in mid flight. As a pirate this continues until I have to make a new design without pods retrofit and then retro fit back.

< Message edited by Glymner -- 6/13/2014 8:00:17 PM >

(in reply to ReadeB)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Ship not regenerating boarding pods. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI