Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't load cspmap2.bmp

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Can't load cspmap2.bmp Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't load cspmap2.bmp - 1/8/2003 5:43:43 AM   
dcoop

This was new to me. Played UV in the morning and everything was fine. Came back later to play some more and when I tried to load my saved game, after going through the load an error pops up stating "can't load cspmap2.bmp". Thought that maybe it was a bad save file so I tried to start a new game and the same thing happened. So in desperation I uninstalled UV, installed it, made sure I had the current patches (like before) and what do you know, it did it again. As far as I know no one was on my computer besides me. UV had been on my computer for about 2 1/2 (version 2.0) weeks with all the current updates (v2.2), and no other problems noted. Any suggestions??

Coop
Post #: 1
Re: Can't load cspmap2.bmp - 1/8/2003 3:41:17 PM   
Mike Wood

Hello...

The message you are getting is saying that you have run out of RAM and there is not enough left to load the strategic map bitmap. When Windows programs end, Windows does not always release all resources, so if you run the program a number of times, you run out of available RAM, because Windows thinks that RAM is being used. I have the same problem, as I start and quit the game dozens of times, while programming it. I also have that problem with a number of other programs, such as Corel Draw.

Just reboot your computer and that should fix it.

Michael Wood

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dcoop
[B]This was new to me. Played UV in the morning and everything was fine. Came back later to play some more and when I tried to load my saved game, after going through the load an error pops up stating "can't load cspmap2.bmp". Thought that maybe it was a bad save file so I tried to start a new game and the same thing happened. So in desperation I uninstalled UV, installed it, made sure I had the current patches (like before) and what do you know, it did it again. As far as I know no one was on my computer besides me. UV had been on my computer for about 2 1/2 (version 2.0) weeks with all the current updates (v2.2), and no other problems noted. Any suggestions??

Coop [/B][/QUOTE]

(in reply to dcoop)
Post #: 2
- 1/9/2003 11:53:22 PM   
dcoop

That did the trick. who knew it was that simple. :D

Coop

(in reply to dcoop)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Can't load cspmap2.bmp Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI