Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Script for Ship's manouver

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Script for Ship's manouver Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Script for Ship's manouver - 6/11/2013 2:20:45 AM   
Brainsucker

I think I know why bigger ship is virtually better in Distant World. Well, that is obvious. Bigger ships have more weapon and shield, so it is inevitable that they are stronger than the smaller counterparts. But, there is another reason. It is because all ship fight in the same manner and tactic. Look at them in the game. Every ships will approach the enemy and when they are meet each other will throw all weapon to destroy each other. Using this rule, it is obvious that the ship who has more firepower and defend will win. Because there is no David and Goliath here. Just imagine if the smaller David fought with the same weapon and armor as Goliath and fight the same style like the his bigger adversary. He would doom.

So here it is how to make the smaller ships useful. Make a script for them. Just simple script. Like Hit & Run, Head On, or surround the enemy. Make the smaller ships capable to fully use their potential and capability : The speed. Just imagine when you make your cruiser / destroyer to head on the enemy, approach them directly to absorb the damage, while your smaller ships go around and use their ship to harass, sniping or flanking the enemies or doing hit and run. It will give us more option while designing our ships.

< Message edited by Brainsucker -- 6/11/2013 2:22:28 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Script for Ship's manouver Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI