Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple random questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> A couple random questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple random questions - 6/12/2013 10:35:09 AM   
FerretStyle

Is it possible to move fleet admirals to a specific ship? If so, how?

Is it possible to retrofit "found" ships? It seems like "copy as new" on the design doesn't work, since the new design doesn't show up in the retrofit options.
Post #: 1
RE: A couple random questions - 6/12/2013 11:27:13 AM   
Bingeling

As far as I know, the admiral moves to the fleet leader. So change lead ship of the fleet, and possibly move him back and forth to force him to change ship.

You can retrofit a found ship freely, but you can not modify designs with components you have not research. I assume the 'copy as new' fails because you have not researched all components in the design.

In general it never pays to retrofit a found ship. Either use it if very powerful, or retire it for tech. When it is no longer powerful compared to your own designs, retire it in hope that there still is some knowledge to be gained.

(in reply to FerretStyle)
Post #: 2
RE: A couple random questions - 6/12/2013 12:29:34 PM   
Canute0

quote:

Is it possible to retrofit "found" ships? It seems like "copy as new" on the design doesn't work, since the new design doesn't show up in the retrofit options.

Basicly yes, but the problem is, the found ship got mosttimes Adv. Tech you can't build, at this reason you can't upgrade the design of the found ship.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: A couple random questions - 6/12/2013 12:41:32 PM   
FerretStyle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

As far as I know, the admiral moves to the fleet leader. So change lead ship of the fleet, and possibly move him back and forth to force him to change ship.

Ok then, silly newbie question time: how do I change the lead ship?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canute
Basicly yes, but the problem is, the found ship got mosttimes Adv. Tech you can't build, at this reason you can't upgrade the design of the found ship.

But the design is updated, with the "unlearned" tech and everything. It just doesn't show up as a retrofit option.

I figured that I could retrofit the ship (as in replace the modules I do have upgrades for) since doing so technically doesn't do anything with modules that aren't different between the two designs.

Anyway, that really isn't a big deal since I like to retire those ships anyway. I was just curious.

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 4
RE: A couple random questions - 6/12/2013 1:23:07 PM   
elanaagain

How change lead ship in a fleet: select the ship (on the big / main map/display), right click on ship, drop down menu opens, select 'make lead ship.' Done.

USA = Corporatist Serfdom of America: free range surf technology

(in reply to FerretStyle)
Post #: 5
RE: A couple random questions - 6/12/2013 3:59:53 PM   
DeadlyShoe

right click on any ship and use the 'transfer character to' function.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> A couple random questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI