Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Lesson Learned

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Lesson Learned Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 [24] 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lesson Learned - 6/18/2013 5:40:20 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

I just made yet another mistake, and lost 3 CVs, a CVL. More later, but not good.

I may just resign at this point

Sillyness. You have so much still to arrive and you have every advantage from your position in the DEI. Hit the economy from where you are and begin to strangle him.

We all think of this. I had 3 CVs lost on day 2 at Pearl as the IJN. I thought for quite a while about packing it up and just asking for a restart. Probably should have. Decided it was more interesting to play on.

This game is about so much more than plowing through the competition with superior skill and strategy. Every player will have a major loss a few times during a game. You've admittedly never been this far. Don't give up your well-earned chance to play an endgame and see the Allies through to an eventual victory. You may not get another chance.

< Message edited by obvert -- 6/18/2013 5:41:03 PM >

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 691
RE: Lesson Learned - 6/18/2013 6:13:13 PM   
JohnDillworth

"Turkey Trots to Water where is.........."

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 692
RE: Lesson Learned - 6/19/2013 12:45:08 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert
Don't give up your well-earned chance to play an endgame and see the Allies through to an eventual victory.

+1

Pax

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 693
RE: Lesson Learned - 6/19/2013 1:52:48 AM   
Q-Ball

Thanks for the encouraging words! I am continuing, but I have a different problem right now: I am completely swamped at work. It's going to take a day or two to get the turn back and keep this going

The pace has been slow anyway due to Greyjoy's own work issues

< Message edited by Q-Ball -- 6/19/2013 1:53:17 AM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 694
RE: Lesson Learned - 6/19/2013 3:16:10 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I am continuing

Atta boy!

Now you can tell me-was it the reverse psychology that worked?

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 695
RE: Lesson Learned - 6/19/2013 7:56:57 AM   
obvert

quote:

Thanks for the encouraging words! I am continuing, but I have a different problem right now: I am completely swamped at work. It's going to take a day or two to get the turn back and keep this going

The pace has been slow anyway due to Greyjoy's own work issues

Great!

Probably best it's slow for now. You'll have time to re-work some areas and get back to it.

Twice at least in my game with Jocke I had to convince him to keep it up. Now he's pushing ahead with what looks like a steamroller from my end in 8/44. Of course he's playing me and not GreyJoy!

You get a ton of new CVs soon and so many DDs you won't know what to do with them all, but really it's about making sure he can't support the masses of planes he can make in this scenario. Interdict supply, move forward with small craft, sweep where you can. Then hit him where it'll hurt most; oil.

< Message edited by obvert -- 6/19/2013 7:58:49 AM >

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 696
RE: Lesson Learned - 6/21/2013 3:11:09 PM   
Q-Ball

12-16-43

Carnage:

Well, you know by now that I lost a bunch of carriers. How did that happen?

Greyjoy set-up exactly 7 hexes from where my CVs sailed to. I had them set to 6 hexes strike, because a) strikes break up at max range, and b) there was a couple SCs under 200 fighters at Noemfoor 7 hexes away. I have to avoid attacking bad targets and getting pilots killed for no reason, I can't afford that.

So, Greyjoy cleverly used that fact, the ships parked under fighter cover, to attack my guys.

He also had great strikes; one had over 600 planes in a coordinated strike, which overwhelmed my 400-plane CAP

He also hit the transports at Kaimana; not sure what happened there, as I had LRCAP over that hex, from Kai Island, but in the event, nobody showed up

Losses:

I lost 3 CVs, CONSTELLATION, CONGRESS, and HORNET, plus a CVL and 2 CVE. This hurts, but I can recover, particularly since 3 CVs are about to join the fleet from minor repairs. For the 4th time now, WASP took damage and lived; who said this CV was fragile?

The only consolation is that KB is emptied of attack aircraft for the 3rd or 4th time, so whatever pre-war pilots there were are certainly gone.

With all that, I only lost 40 pilots. My Navy fighter pilots are ridiculously crack aces; one unit is 75% aces. With the sunk CVs, the silver lining is my pools are full of awesome pilots. So that's something, I guess.

I also lost 250 planes, but these are all Navy planes, of which I have plenty.

Strategic Implications:

I told Greyjoy this defeat will really slow me down for awhile.

That was a lie, however; I'm not changing anything.

I planned a month respite to reposition CVs for next move; Kaimana is the last landing I am prepped for in the DEI, for now, so I am taking a 2-month break here and opening a front elsewhere. I need to spread him out anyway, and have troops prepped and shipping in position for the next moves.

I can replace those CV losses, and next time will be careful with the strike settings. He also won't have New Guinea to shield him from a counterstrike.

So, I'll be able to continue advancing no problem. He's lost 3000 planes lately, which he can easily replace, but I hope to at least put pressure on OIL/HI to make that increasingly expensive.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Q-Ball -- 6/21/2013 3:23:11 PM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 697
RE: Lesson Learned - 6/21/2013 3:22:32 PM   
Canoerebel

We've both been through this DEI slogging match before, Brad. You with Cuttlefish and me with Miller. It's a tough way to make progress, though you wouldn't think so at first. You'd think the Allies could take advantage of the many airfields and dot hexes to really give Japan fits, but instead it's Japan that can craft the ambushes and land-based air network that makes advancing a hazardous bloodbath. The DEI is an important vector of attack, but it seems to be a long, slow, painful one most times.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 698
RE: Lesson Learned - 6/21/2013 3:26:17 PM   
Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

CV composition - One area that an Allied player needs to plan and focus on is the air groups on their CV/CVL/CVEs. At times, the best thing to do is remove some of your DB/TBs and place more fighter groups on them. Since you can place 5 air groups on a CV, pull off the 36 plane DB group and add two 18 plane Marine group with Corsairs as an example.

At this stage, I would devote one 8 plane group of PB4Y-1 to Naval Search vs using it as Recon just to find KB and Company.

CV COMP: The CVEs are fighter-heavy already; almost all have fighters. I've kept the CVs the same, need some sort of strike back. Besides, it doesn't matter much what is there more than 200 fighters, if I understand how the combat routines work.

AIRSEARCH: I saw KB the turn before; I just thought he would attack the transports at Kaimana, which I had LRCAPed and consisted of crappy ships I could lose. I transferred a British Bomber unit, and equipped with the Coastal Command Liberators (with the radar); I have very good luck with these planes, and they can fly long ranges. They also don't get shot down as much as Catalinas do.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 699
RE: Lesson Learned - 6/21/2013 3:58:30 PM   
Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

We've both been through this DEI slogging match before, Brad. You with Cuttlefish and me with Miller. It's a tough way to make progress, though you wouldn't think so at first. You'd think the Allies could take advantage of the many airfields and dot hexes to really give Japan fits, but instead it's Japan that can craft the ambushes and land-based air network that makes advancing a hazardous bloodbath. The DEI is an important vector of attack, but it seems to be a long, slow, painful one most times.

This is true, and I didn't realize this, because I haven't played Scenario 2 in the late game at all. So while I've been around longer than Greyjoy, he actually has more late war experience than I do. This is one of my mistakes, I underestimated the power of Japanese air.

This is neutralized by an advance across the Pacific, but this route is not very feasible until you get the Amphib toys (more APA, LCI(R),AGCs, etc). LBA isn't usable in the blue of the Pacific, so that's a valid advance.

But until then, I have to land in places that don't require amphib support, and are within range of LBA. That's how I got to the DEI.

Regardless, he has to defend it vigorously, so even if I change vectors, it's not a total waste....he can't abandon the area at all

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 700
RE: Lesson Learned - 7/2/2013 4:28:33 PM   
Q-Ball

12-19-43:

Holiday Time:

Greyjoy and I both have alot of work this summer, and we both want to enjoy the nice summer weather more. To this end, we have mutually agreed to slow the game basically to a crawl for now, and pick it up in the fall. I've had alot of work, and I hate plotting invasions inside when the weather is nice outside.

I'm also leaving the country Wednesday to tour the Baltics, including Russia, so this AAR will go dark through mid-July.

Kaimana:

I lost a dozen xAP and about 8K troops landing at Kaimana over a couple days; on day one, we shot down about 150 planes, and day 2, my LRCAP didn't fly at all.....the result was an AP slaughter

I knew my ships were exposed there, which is why I was using expendible transports, but still hurts losing ships.

We did wreck some revenge at the end of the sequence, by torching another 150 fighters on the ground at Boela, through bombardment.

Japanese losses are approaching 16,000 planes; is that alot before 1944?

Fleet Status:

WASP is still damaged, and those 3 lost CVs hurt, but what do you know, another 3 CVs just joined the fleet (YORKTOWN and BUNKER HILL from repairs, and INTREPID is new).

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 701
RE: Lesson Learned - 7/2/2013 5:55:08 PM   
JocMeister

Have a nice summer Q-ball. The baltics are really nice in the summer. Its cheap too!

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 702
RE: Lesson Learned - 7/2/2013 5:59:19 PM   
Canoerebel

Arg! This sounds like a case of terminal leave!

P.S. Have fun!

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 703
RE: Lesson Learned - 7/2/2013 10:26:33 PM   
obvert

quote:

Japanese losses are approaching 16,000 planes; is that alot before 1944?

In my experience and rom games I've seen numbers from that is a bit above average, but in the equivalent of Scenario 2 he can handle it I'm sure. The HI drain will be felt I'm sure, but he may just turn off some ships to pay for planes.

A friend of mine just got back from latvia and loved it. Enjoy the adventures!

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 704
RE: Lesson Learned - 8/1/2013 4:16:29 AM   
PaxMondo

update please!

Pax

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 705
RE: Lesson Learned - 8/25/2013 1:18:49 PM   
Q-Ball

Jan 26,1944

Updates: I haven't updated much all Summer.......but wanted to drop an update, and I figure to be more active on AAR shortly.

Both Greyjoy and I agreed to go at a slow pace this summer; we completed maybe 2 WITP months, but mostly I would rather enjoy the nice weather than play WITP. This will probably extend into September.

The other reason is that not a ton has happened in the game. But that's about to change.

After the defeat in December of '43, I repaired all the damaged ships, and began to position everyone for the next moves. This includes accumulating 4Es, P-47s, repairing and upgrading CVs, etc. I waited a few extra days to complete the 1/44 upgrade for SARA and LEX, which is a big upgrade making them 40mm traps. We have 7 CVs, 6 CVLs, and a bunch of CVEs ready to go for the next operation. The only carriers which will miss it are the 4 sunk ones, plus WASP, which is repairing damage.

The operation will consist of moves in 5 different areas. Not all of them are "Real".

More later as it develops, but that's the scoop.

Expansions:

In the meantime, we have expanded our presence in the Southern DEI; see below.

Greyjoy had used flying boats to airlift 20,000 men into Kaimana, making it a tougher grab than I thought, but after 3-4 weeks we took it, pushing those guys into the jungle. That base is now building rapidly.

We also took Damar, and plan a couple other moves. I feel Greyjoy is pulling back here, and intel reports alot of troop movements to Tailaud Island and Davao; T-Island has a full IJA Division at least, plus support troops.

Other than that, I'm using shovels while waiting for ships to repair.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 706
RE: Lesson Learned - 9/14/2013 1:49:43 PM   
Q-Ball

Just a bump; perhaps I'll write an update soon if the gallery demands it.

This game is definitely going, just very slow; both Greyjoy and I have real life business going on, and we wanted to slow it down while the weather is still nice outside (not to mention being in Europe for 2 weeks)

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 707
RE: Lesson Learned - 9/14/2013 1:55:11 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

the gallery demands it.

The gallery (n=1?) so demands. Update! Update! Update!

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 708
RE: Lesson Learned - 9/14/2013 3:02:22 PM   
JocMeister

Update!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 709
RE: Lesson Learned - 9/14/2013 9:46:58 PM   
KenchiSulla

quote:

Just a bump; perhaps I'll write an update soon if the gallery demands it.

This game is definitely going, just very slow; both Greyjoy and I have real life business going on, and we wanted to slow it down while the weather is still nice outside (not to mention being in Europe for 2 weeks)

Where have you been in europe?

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 710
Koepang - 9/21/2013 1:23:52 PM   
Q-Ball

2/11/44

This day featured a massive battle at Koepang.

Set-Up: The Day before, we had a large battle off Lautem; the result of that fight was a bit of a draw, as I lost 3 cruisers, but we did leave HIEI in sinking condition, and also took down a pile of DDs and couple CAs. Greyjoy probably update all of you on that one.

The main interesting result from me on that one, though, was that KB was present (my CVs were not), and KB lost about 150 planes attacking my shipping off Damar, which was all CAPPED of course with LBA.

I knew he likely had to go re-load KB, so I decided to attack the following turn, figuring I would have a good shot at much of the IJN, without having to contend with KB. The result would be air superiority.

The Plan:

The main problem was Koepang; Greyjoy had about 1000 planes there. It was the only real airbase around, so it had to be shut down.

I basically sent much of my surface fleet to clear the hex for a bombardment TF built around NEW JERSEY/IOWA. I arranged the TF numbers so that DDs would go first, then other TFs, and NJ/IOWA would hit the hex last.

My CVs were set-up off Koepang. 6 CVs and 6 CVLs in total. 8 more CVEs in support.

First Result:

Greyjoy sent the replay first.....a smashing USN VICTORY! We annihilated 3 BBs, 5 CVEs, 3-4 CAs, without losing a single major unit!

Awesome! Check out the Combat Report:

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Feb 10, 44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submarine attack near Alor at 70,113

Japanese Ships
BB Hiei, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Bluegill

BB Hiei is sighted by SS Bluegill
SS Bluegill launches 6 torpedoes at BB Hiei

Submarine attack near Roti at 66,118

Japanese Ships
SS I-171, hits 25, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CL Mobile
CL Birmingham
DD Monssen
DD Gwin
DD Harding
DD Thompson
DD McCalla

Night Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,116, Range 8,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Ise, Shell hits 2
CL Jintsu, Shell hits 3
CL Kuma, Shell hits 1
DD Okinami
DD Umigiri, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Shigure
DD Harusame
DD Ishikaze, Shell hits 2

Allied Ships
DD Hunt
DD Luce
DD Picking, Shell hits 6, on fire
DD Wadsworth, Shell hits 4, on fire

Night Time Surface Combat, near Kendari at 71,106, Range 8,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
AKE Tazima Maru, Shell hits 8, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk

Allied Ships
DD Halford
DD Meredith
DD Laffey
DD Relentless

Night Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,116, Range 7,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna
BB Kirishima, Shell hits 3, heavy fires
CA Takao
CA Kumano
DD Shimakaze
DD Kuroshio
DD Tagokaze, Shell hits 3, heavy fires
DD Takatakaze, Shell hits 1
DD Nagatakaze

Allied Ships
BB Washington, Shell hits 3
BB Indiana
DD Hickox
DD Marshall, Shell hits 1
DD Strong, Shell hits 1
DD Walker, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
DD Young, Shell hits 1

Improved night sighting under 96% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Overcast Conditions and 96% moonlight: 8,000 yards
Range closes to 24,000 yards...
CONTACT: Allies radar detects Japanese task force at 24,000 yards
Range closes to 18,000 yards...
Range closes to 12,000 yards...
CONTACT: Allies radar detects Japanese task force at 12,000 yards
Range closes to 9,000 yards...
Range closes to 7,000 yards...
CONTACT: Allies radar detects Japanese task force at 7,000 yards
Allies open fire on surprised Japanese ships at 7,000 yards
BB Washington fires at BB Kirishima at 7,000 yards
BB Washington fires at BB Kirishima at 7,000 yards
DD Young launches Torpedoes at DD Kuroshio at 7,000 yards
DD Walker fires at DD Kuroshio at 7,000 yards
DD Strong fires at DD Kuroshio at 7,000 yards
DD Young launches Torpedoes at DD Takatakaze at 7,000 yards
DD Young fires at DD Tagokaze at 7,000 yards
DD Walker fires at DD Kuroshio at 7,000 yards
Range closes to 3,000 yards
BB Indiana engages BB Kirishima at 3,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages BB Washington at 3,000 yards
Magazine explodes on DD Walker
DD Walker sunk by CA Kumano at 3,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Strong at 3,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Marshall at 3,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Hickox at 3,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD Marshall at 3,000 yards
Range increases to 6,000 yards
BB Indiana engages BB Kirishima at 6,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages BB Washington at 6,000 yards
CA Kumano engages DD Young at 6,000 yards
CA Takao engages DD Young at 6,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Marshall at 6,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Strong at 6,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD Hickox at 6,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Strong at 6,000 yards
Range increases to 8,000 yards
BB Washington engages BB Kirishima at 8,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages BB Washington at 8,000 yards
CA Kumano engages DD Young at 8,000 yards
DD Nagatakaze engages DD Marshall at 8,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Hickox at 8,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Young at 8,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD Strong at 8,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Marshall at 8,000 yards
Range increases to 10,000 yards
BB Indiana engages BB Kirishima at 10,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Young at 10,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD Strong at 10,000 yards
DD Hickox engages DD Nagatakaze at 10,000 yards
DD Hickox engages DD Tagokaze at 10,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD Strong at 10,000 yards
DD Young engages DD Shimakaze at 10,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Japanese Ships
BB Ise, Shell hits 13, Torpedo hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
CL Jintsu, Shell hits 2
CL Kuma, Shell hits 4
DD Okinami, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Umigiri, Shell hits 2, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Shigure, Shell hits 39, and is sunk
DD Harusame, Shell hits 10, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Ishikaze, Shell hits 6, on fire

Allied Ships
DD Aulick
DD Bache
DD Bell, Shell hits 16, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Black
DD Clarence Bronson, Shell hits 8, heavy fires
DD Burns, Shell hits 2

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
E13A1 Jake: 4 destroyed

Japanese Ships
CA Maya, Shell hits 24, and is sunk
CA Kinugasa, Shell hits 38, and is sunk
DD Yugumo, Shell hits 1
DD Makigumo, Shell hits 1
DD Takanami
DD Fubuki, Shell hits 1
DD Isonami, Shell hits 1

Allied Ships
CA Baltimore, Shell hits 1, heavy fires
CA Boston, Shell hits 1
CA Australia, Shell hits 1
CA Canberra, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Isaac Sweers, Shell hits 1
DD Tjerk Hiddes, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Jupiter, Shell hits 3, on fire
DD Racehorse, Shell hits 2, on fire

Night Time Surface Combat, near Roti at 67,116, Range 8,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Yugumo, Shell hits 5, heavy fires
DD Makigumo, Shell hits 5, on fire, heavy damage
DD Takanami, Shell hits 19, and is sunk
DD Fubuki, Shell hits 7, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Isonami, Shell hits 2, on fire

Allied Ships
CL Biloxi, Shell hits 1
CL Birmingham
CL Mobile
DD Gwin
DD Monssen, Shell hits 1
DD Aaron Ward
DD McCalla
DD Thompson
DD Harding, Shell hits 1

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna, Shell hits 2
CA Kumano
DD Shimakaze
DD Kuroshio
DD Tagokaze, heavy fires
DD Takatakaze
DD Nagatakaze

Allied Ships
DD DeHaven, Shell hits 1

Night Time Surface Combat, near Kendari at 70,106, Range 30,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
PB Bisan Maru #3
PB Choun Maru #18
PB Shonon Maru #15
xAK Tenryu Maru
xAK Africa Maru
xAK Imizu Maru
xAP Taizan Maru
xAP Ussuri Maru
SC Ch 33

Allied Ships
DD Halford
DD Meredith
DD Laffey
DD Relentless

Night Time Surface Combat, near Kendari at 70,106, Range 8,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CM Tsubame, Shell hits 14, and is sunk
CM Sarushima, Shell hits 5, and is sunk

Allied Ships
DD Halford
DD Meredith
DD Laffey
DD Relentless

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna, Shell hits 5
CA Kumano, Shell hits 4
DD Shimakaze
DD Kuroshio
DD Tagokaze, Shell hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Takatakaze, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Nagatakaze, Shell hits 1

Allied Ships
CL Biloxi
CL Birmingham
CL Mobile, Shell hits 2
DD Gwin, Shell hits 1
DD Monssen
DD Aaron Ward
DD McCalla, Shell hits 1
DD Thompson
DD Harding

CONTACT: Allies radar detects Japanese task force at 18,000 yards
Range closes to 8,000 yards...
CONTACT: Allies radar detects Japanese task force at 8,000 yards
Friedell, Wilhelm L crosses the 'T'
BB Haruna engages CL Mobile at 8,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CL Mobile at 8,000 yards
DD McCalla engages DD Nagatakaze at 8,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD McCalla at 8,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Monssen at 8,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Gwin at 8,000 yards
Range closes to 7,000 yards
CL Mobile engages CA Kumano at 7,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CL Mobile at 7,000 yards
DD Monssen engages DD Nagatakaze at 7,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Harding at 7,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Monssen at 7,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD McCalla at 7,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Monssen at 7,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Gwin at 7,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CL Mobile at 8,000 yards
DD Nagatakaze engages DD Gwin at 8,000 yards
DD Harding engages DD Kuroshio at 8,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Aaron Ward at 8,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Monssen at 8,000 yards
DD Nagatakaze engages DD Gwin at 8,000 yards
CL Birmingham engages CA Kumano at 8,000 yards
CL Biloxi engages DD Nagatakaze at 8,000 yards
DD Gwin engages DD Takatakaze at 8,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Thompson at 8,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD McCalla at 8,000 yards
DD Aaron Ward engages DD Tagokaze at 8,000 yards
DD Monssen engages DD Tagokaze at 8,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Gwin at 8,000 yards
Range increases to 12,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CL Mobile at 12,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CL Birmingham at 12,000 yards
CL Biloxi engages DD Tagokaze at 12,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Harding at 12,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Thompson at 12,000 yards
DD McCalla engages DD Tagokaze at 12,000 yards
DD Monssen engages DD Shimakaze at 12,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Gwin at 12,000 yards
Range increases to 14,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CL Mobile at 14,000 yards
CL Mobile engages CA Kumano at 14,000 yards
DD Nagatakaze engages DD Aaron Ward at 14,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD McCalla at 14,000 yards
DD Aaron Ward engages DD Tagokaze at 14,000 yards
DD Monssen engages DD Nagatakaze at 14,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Gwin at 14,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
E13A1 Jake: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships
BB Ise, Shell hits 15, and is sunk
CL Jintsu
CL Kuma, Shell hits 13, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Okinami, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Ishikaze, Shell hits 10, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
CA Baltimore, on fire
CA Boston, Shell hits 3
CA Australia
CA Canberra, Shell hits 4, on fire, heavy damage
DD Isaac Sweers, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Tjerk Hiddes, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Jupiter, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Racehorse, Shell hits 2, on fire

Improved night sighting under 92% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Overcast Conditions and 92% moonlight: 8,000 yards
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 8,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 8,000 yards
Merrill, A.S. "Tip crosses the 'T'
BB Ise engages CA Boston at 8,000 yards
CA Boston engages CL Kuma at 8,000 yards
CL Jintsu engages CA Boston at 8,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Tjerk Hiddes at 8,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Isaac Sweers at 8,000 yards
Range closes to 4,000 yards
CA Boston engages CL Kuma at 4,000 yards
BB Ise engages CA Boston at 4,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Jupiter at 4,000 yards
DD Okinami engages DD Tjerk Hiddes at 4,000 yards
BB Ise engages DD Tjerk Hiddes at 4,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Isaac Sweers at 4,000 yards
Takeda, Isamu* orders Japanese TF to disengage
Range closes to 2,000 yards
BB Ise engages CA Canberra at 2,000 yards
CA Boston engages CL Kuma at 2,000 yards
CL Jintsu engages CA Boston at 2,000 yards
BB Ise engages CA Baltimore at 2,000 yards
DD Okinami engages DD Racehorse at 2,000 yards
DD Okinami engages DD Jupiter at 2,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Tjerk Hiddes at 2,000 yards
DD Isaac Sweers engages DD Ishikaze at 2,000 yards
Merrill, A.S. "Tip orders Allied TF to disengage
Range increases to 4,000 yards
CL Kuma engages CA Canberra at 4,000 yards
CL Kuma engages CA Australia at 4,000 yards
CA Boston engages CL Kuma at 4,000 yards
CL Kuma engages CA Baltimore at 4,000 yards
DD Racehorse engages DD Ishikaze at 4,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Jupiter at 4,000 yards
DD Tjerk Hiddes engages DD Okinami at 4,000 yards
DD Isaac Sweers engages DD Okinami at 4,000 yards
CL Kuma engages CA Canberra at 8,000 yards
CA Boston engages CL Jintsu at 8,000 yards
CA Boston engages CL Kuma at 8,000 yards
CL Kuma engages CA Baltimore at 8,000 yards
DD Racehorse engages DD Okinami at 8,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Jupiter at 8,000 yards
DD Okinami engages DD Tjerk Hiddes at 8,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Isaac Sweers at 8,000 yards
Range increases to 13,000 yards
CA Boston engages CL Kuma at 13,000 yards
CL Jintsu engages CA Boston at 13,000 yards
CL Kuma engages CA Boston at 13,000 yards
CA Baltimore engages CL Kuma at 13,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Racehorse at 13,000 yards
DD Jupiter engages DD Okinami at 13,000 yards
DD Okinami engages DD Tjerk Hiddes at 13,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Isaac Sweers at 13,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Night Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,116, Range 5,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
PB Chosa Maru, Shell hits 20, and is sunk
PB Hakakisan Maru, Shell hits 27, and is sunk
PB Hokutai Maru, Shell hits 9, heavy fires
PB Kenan Maru, Shell hits 25, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
DD Vampire
DD Warramunga, Shell hits 1

Range closes to 21,000 yards...
Range closes to 15,000 yards...
Range closes to 5,000 yards...
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 5,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 5,000 yards
DD Vampire engages PB Hakakisan Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages PB Chosa Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages PB Kenan Maru at 2,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages PB Hokutai Maru at 2,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages PB Hakakisan Maru at 2,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages PB Chosa Maru at 2,000 yards
Oyama, I. orders Japanese TF to disengage
Range increases to 3,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages PB Kenan Maru at 3,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages PB Hokutai Maru at 3,000 yards
DD Vampire engages PB Hakakisan Maru at 3,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages PB Chosa Maru at 3,000 yards
DD Vampire engages PB Hokutai Maru at 3,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages PB Hakakisan Maru at 3,000 yards
DD Vampire engages PB Hokutai Maru at 3,000 yards
DD Vampire engages PB Hokutai Maru at 2,000 yards
DD Vampire engages PB Hakakisan Maru at 2,000 yards
Range increases to 3,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages PB Hakakisan Maru at 3,000 yards
PB Hakakisan Maru sunk by DD Warramunga at 2,000 yards
Mackinnon, N.A. orders Allied TF to disengage
Range increases to 5,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages PB Hokutai Maru at 5,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages PB Kenan Maru at 10,000 yards
DD Vampire engages PB Chosa Maru at 10,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Submarine attack near Koepang at 68,116

Japanese Ships
PB Kenan Maru, Torpedo hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Gato

PB Kenan Maru is sighted by SS Gato
SS Gato launches 2 torpedoes at PB Kenan Maru

Day Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 67,115, Range 18,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Yugumo, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Makigumo, Shell hits 5, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Fubuki, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Isonami, Shell hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
CL Biloxi
CL Birmingham
CL Mobile
DD Gwin
DD Monssen
DD Aaron Ward
DD McCalla
DD Thompson
DD Harding

Japanese Ships
DD Yugumo, Shell hits 27, and is sunk
DD Makigumo, Shell hits 5, and is sunk
DD Fubuki, Shell hits 3, and is sunk
DD Isonami, Shell hits 24, and is sunk

Allied Ships
BB Washington
BB Indiana
DD Hickox
DD Marshall
DD Strong
DD Young

Day Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,116, Range 20,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna, Shell hits 1
CA Kumano
DD Shimakaze
DD Kuroshio
DD Takatakaze

Allied Ships
DD Burns, Shell hits 3, and is sunk

Day Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,116, Range 12,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna, Shell hits 6, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
CA Kumano, Shell hits 1
DD Shimakaze, Shell hits 5, on fire
DD Kuroshio, Shell hits 2
DD Takatakaze, Shell hits 5, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
DD Ralph Talbot, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Maury, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Benham, Shell hits 1
DD Cummings, Shell hits 7, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Balch, Shell hits 2
DD Clark, Shell hits 3, and is sunk

Day Time Surface Combat, near Roti at 67,116, Range 28,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna, on fire
CA Kumano
DD Shimakaze, on fire
DD Kuroshio
DD Takatakaze, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
DMS Palmer
DMS Wasmuth

Day Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,116, Range 18,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
MTB G-541, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
MTB G-544, Shell hits 1, and is sunk

Allied Ships
BB Iowa
BB New Jersey
DD Fletcher
DD Charles Badger
DD Colahan
DD Cowell
DMS Zane
DMS Perry

Naval bombardment of Koepang at 68,116

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
N1K2-J George: 135 damaged
N1K2-J George: 38 destroyed on ground
B6N2 Jill: 36 damaged
B6N2 Jill: 11 destroyed on ground
Ki-49-IIa Helen: 47 damaged
Ki-49-IIa Helen: 15 destroyed on ground
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 8 damaged
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 7 destroyed on ground
Ki-45 KAIa Nick: 46 damaged
Ki-45 KAIa Nick: 12 destroyed on ground
D4Y3 Judy: 30 damaged
D4Y3 Judy: 10 destroyed on ground
N1K1-J George: 4 damaged
N1K1-J George: 1 destroyed on ground
A6M5 Zero: 23 damaged
A6M5 Zero: 4 destroyed on ground
E13A1 Jake: 3 damaged
E13A1 Jake: 1 destroyed on ground
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar: 12 damaged
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar: 5 destroyed on ground
J2M3 Jack: 3 damaged
J2M3 Jack: 2 destroyed on ground
Ki-46-III Dinah: 11 damaged
Ki-46-III Dinah: 1 destroyed on ground
Ki-84a Frank: 10 damaged
Ki-84a Frank: 3 destroyed on ground
Ki-84r Frank: 5 damaged
Ki-84r Frank: 1 destroyed on ground

Allied Ships
BB New Jersey
BB Iowa

Japanese ground losses:
943 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 4 disabled
Non Combat: 20 destroyed, 60 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 8 disabled
Guns lost 33 (9 destroyed, 24 disabled)
Vehicles lost 14 (5 destroyed, 9 disabled)

Airbase hits 46
Airbase supply hits 6
Runway hits 94

BB New Jersey firing at Koepang
BB Iowa firing at Koepang

Morning Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 67,115

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid detected at 118 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 35 minutes

Japanese aircraft
P1Y1 Frances x 6

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 10
F4U-1A Corsair x 80
F6F-3 Hellcat x 224

Japanese aircraft losses
P1Y1 Frances: 4 destroyed

No Allied losses

Morning Air attack on TF, near Wetar at 73,111

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid detected at 32 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 13 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9
A6M5 Zero x 8
B5N2 Kate x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N2 Kate: 1 destroyed by flak

Allied Ships
DD Relentless
DD Halford

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 45cm Type 91 Torp

Raid detected at 120 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 36 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 42
D4Y4 Judy x 35

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 9
F4U-1A Corsair x 78
F6F-3 Hellcat x 217

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 12 destroyed
D4Y4 Judy: 19 destroyed

No Allied losses

Morning Air attack on TF, near Larantoeka at 68,111

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid detected at 73 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 31 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 33

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 17
SB2C-1C Helldiver x 28
SBD-5 Dauntless x 25
TBM-1C Avenger x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F6F-3 Hellcat: 6 destroyed
SB2C-1C Helldiver: 3 destroyed, 4 damaged
SBD-5 Dauntless: 1 destroyed, 3 damaged
TBM-1C Avenger: 3 destroyed, 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CVE Hosho, Bomb hits 2, on fire
CVE Taiyo, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires
CVE Shinyo, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
CVE Kaiyo, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires
CVE Chuyo, Bomb hits 5, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Fuyuzuki, Bomb hits 2, on fire
DD Tagonami

Aircraft Attacking:
13 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 4000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 1000 lb SAP Bomb, 2 x 250 lb SAP Bomb
9 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 1000 lb SAP Bomb
16 x TBM-1C Avenger launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 22.4in Mk 13 Torp.
6 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 3000'
9 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
7 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 4000'
4 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 2000'

CAP engaged:
Shinyo-1 with A6M5 Zero (0 airborne, 22 on standby, 0 scrambling)
11 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 17000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 17000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 18 minutes
8 planes vectored on to bombers

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CVE Chuyo
Fuel storage explosion on CVE Taiyo
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CVE Taiyo
Fuel storage explosion on CVE Hosho
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring a Momo class DD
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CVE Kaiyo

Raid detected at 115 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 34 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 6
A6M5 Zero x 14
P1Y1 Frances x 6
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar x 8

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 7
F4U-1A Corsair x 77
F6F-3 Hellcat x 206

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 4 destroyed
A6M5 Zero: 4 destroyed
P1Y1 Frances: 3 destroyed
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar: 3 destroyed

No Allied losses

Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 26 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 12
A6M5 Zero x 90
B6N2 Jill x 28
D4Y3 Judy x 7
D4Y4 Judy x 15

Japanese aircraft losses
B6N2 Jill: 2 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Laffey
DD Relentless
DD Halford
DD Meredith

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x B6N2 Jill launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x D4Y3 Judy releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 kg SAP Bomb
6 x B6N2 Jill launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x D4Y4 Judy releasing from 1000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 800 kg AP Bomb
4 x B6N2 Jill launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x D4Y4 Judy releasing from 2000'
1 x D4Y4 Judy releasing from 2000'
3 x B6N2 Jill launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x B6N2 Jill launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x D4Y3 Judy releasing from 1000'
4 x D4Y4 Judy releasing from 1000'
4 x D4Y4 Judy releasing from 3000'

Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 24 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 9
B6N2 Jill x 6
D4Y3 Judy x 4
D4Y4 Judy x 4

Japanese aircraft losses
D4Y3 Judy: 1 damaged
D4Y4 Judy: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Meredith
DD Halford
DD Laffey, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x D4Y4 Judy releasing from 2000'
4 x D4Y3 Judy releasing from 3000'

Raid detected at 68 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 20 minutes

Japanese aircraft
D4Y4 Judy x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
DD Relentless, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x D4Y4 Judy releasing from 2000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring DD Relentless

Morning Air attack on TF, near Boeton at 68,110

Raid detected at 37 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
SB2C-1C Helldiver x 25
SBD-5 Dauntless x 31
TBM-1C Avenger x 18

Allied aircraft losses
SB2C-1C Helldiver: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Katori, Bomb hits 6, heavy fires, heavy damage
E Shimushu, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Yugure
AO Bokuei Maru
AO Nippon Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire
E Karii, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires
E Otori
AO Toho Maru, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires
E Matsuwa, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Hatsushima
AO Ken'yo Maru, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires
AO Kokuyo Maru, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires
AO Ojikasan Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
18 x TBM-1C Avenger launching torpedoes at 200 feet
12 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 4000'
15 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
10 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 2000'
3 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 3000'
5 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 4000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring a Japanese CL
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring AO Toho Maru
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring E Karii
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring E Matsuwa

Morning Air attack on TF, near Roti at 66,116

Raid detected at 38 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 16 minutes

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 8
SB2C-1C Helldiver x 31

Allied aircraft losses
SB2C-1C Helldiver: 3 damaged
SB2C-1C Helldiver: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires
CA Kumano, Bomb hits 1
DD Takatakaze, Bomb hits 5, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Shimakaze, heavy fires
DD Kuroshio

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 4000'
9 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 2000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring BB Haruna
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring DD Takatakaze
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring a Japanese DD

Morning Air attack on TF, near Dili at 71,114

Raid detected at 74 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 17
TBF-1 Avenger x 18

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
TBF-1 Avenger: 3 damaged
TBF-1 Avenger: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
BB Hiei, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
DD Suresushio, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
DD Akishimo

Aircraft Attacking:
17 x TBF-1 Avenger launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Morning Air attack on TF, near Alor at 69,115

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid detected at 48 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 8
SB2C-1C Helldiver x 31

Allied aircraft losses
SB2C-1C Helldiver: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Jintsu, Bomb hits 8, heavy fires
DD Okinami, Bomb hits 9, heavy fires, heavy damage
CL Kuma, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
17 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 4000'
8 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 2000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CL Jintsu
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring a Kuma class CL
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring DD Okinami

Raid detected at 18 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 5 minutes

Japanese aircraft
D4Y4 Judy x 13

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 5
F4U-1A Corsair x 70
F6F-3 Hellcat x 182

Japanese aircraft losses
D4Y4 Judy: 8 destroyed

No Allied losses

CAP engaged:
VF-2 with F4U-1A Corsair (30 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
30 plane(s) intercepting now.
4 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters to 16000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 12 minutes
VF-3 with F6F-3 Hellcat (21 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
21 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 6000 and 13000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 23 minutes
VF-42 with F6F-3 Hellcat (21 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
21 plane(s) intercepting now.
8 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 16000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 53 minutes
VF-9 with F6F-3 Hellcat (29 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
29 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 10000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 15 minutes
VF-10 with F6F-3 Hellcat (24 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
24 plane(s) intercepting now.
12 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 16000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 43 minutes
VF-18 with F4U-1A Corsair (18 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
18 plane(s) intercepting now.
18 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 18000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 40 minutes
VF-22 with F6F-3 Hellcat (6 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
6 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 12000
Raid is overhead
VF-25 with F6F-3 Hellcat (15 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
15 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 10000 and 17000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 48 minutes
VF-30 with F6F-3 Hellcat (12 airborne, 0 on standby, 4 scrambling)
12 plane(s) intercepting now.
6 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 5000 and 16000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 46 minutes
VF-35 with F6F-3 Hellcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) intercepting now.
3 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 10000 and 15000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 44 minutes
VC(F)-41 with FM-1 Wildcat (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
3 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 10000
Raid is overhead
VC(F)-63 with F6F-3 Hellcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead
VOC(F)-1 with FM-1 Wildcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters to 8000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 28 minutes
VRF-1F with F6F-3 Hellcat (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
2 plane(s) intercepting now.
Raid is overhead
VMF-122 with F6F-3 Hellcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead
VF-24 with F6F-3 Hellcat (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
4 plane(s) intercepting now.
Raid is overhead

Morning Air attack on TF, near Larantoeka at 68,111

Raid detected at 46 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 24

Allied aircraft
TBM-1C Avenger x 18

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
TBM-1C Avenger: 3 destroyed

CAP engaged:
Shinyo-1 with A6M5 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
24 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 17000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 18000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 42 minutes

Morning Air attack on TF, near Boeton at 68,110

Raid detected at 11 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Allied aircraft
TBF-1 Avenger x 18

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
DD Yugure
DD Hatsushima
E Otori

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x TBF-1 Avenger launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 67,115

Weather in hex: Partial cloud

Raid detected at 115 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 6
A6M5 Zero x 5
P1Y1 Frances x 4

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 2
F4U-1A Corsair x 80
F6F-3 Hellcat x 161

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 4 destroyed
A6M5 Zero: 2 destroyed
P1Y1 Frances: 2 destroyed

No Allied losses

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 67,115

Raid detected at 106 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 12
A6M5 Zero x 18
P1Y1 Frances x 6
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar x 3

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 2
F4U-1A Corsair x 79
F6F-3 Hellcat x 157

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 6 destroyed
A6M5 Zero: 6 destroyed
P1Y1 Frances: 3 destroyed
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F6F-3 Hellcat: 1 destroyed

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Larantoeka at 68,111

Weather in hex: Clear sky

Raid detected at 47 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 49
SB2C-1C Helldiver x 20
TBM-1C Avenger x 16

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
SB2C-1C Helldiver: 1 damaged
TBM-1C Avenger: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
CVE Hosho, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage
CVE Shinyo, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
CVE Kaiyo, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires
CVE Taiyo, Bomb hits 10, heavy fires, heavy damage
CVE Chuyo, Torpedo hits 4, and is sunk
DD Tagonami
DD Yuzuki, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires
DD Hayate

Aircraft Attacking:
13 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 2000'
15 x TBM-1C Avenger launching torpedoes at 200 feet
5 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 3000'
2 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 4000'

Carrier support unable to supply air cover..
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CVE Hosho
Fuel storage explosion on CVE Hosho
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CVE Kaiyo
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CVE Taiyo

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Boeton at 68,110

Raid detected at 38 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 23
SBD-5 Dauntless x 24
TBF-1 Avenger x 27
TBM-1C Avenger x 18

Allied aircraft losses
TBF-1 Avenger: 2 damaged
TBM-1C Avenger: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
AO Bokuei Maru, Bomb hits 1, Torpedo hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
E Otori
CL Katori, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk
AO Toei Maru
E W-33, Bomb hits 1, on fire
AO Ojikasan Maru
DD Hatsushima
DD Yugure
E Omae, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk
AO Shinkoku Maru, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
9 x TBF-1 Avenger launching torpedoes at 200 feet
17 x TBM-1C Avenger launching torpedoes at 200 feet
23 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 4000'

Carrier support unable to supply air cover..
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring E Omae

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Roti at 66,116

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid detected at 47 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 21 minutes

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 8
SB2C-1C Helldiver x 26
TBM-1C Avenger x 15

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
TBM-1C Avenger: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk
CA Kumano, Bomb hits 10, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Shimakaze, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 4000'
11 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 3000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CA Kumano

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Alor at 71,112

Weather in hex: Overcast

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 17
SBD-5 Dauntless x 31

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
CA Aoba, Bomb hits 6, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Urakaze, Bomb hits 5, heavy fires, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
19 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
8 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 4000'
4 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 2000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CA Aoba
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring DD Urakaze

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Dili at 71,114

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid spotted at 44 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 18 minutes

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 23
SB2C-1C Helldiver x 29

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
DD Akishimo, Bomb hits 5, and is sunk
DD Asashimo, Bomb hits 7, and is sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
14 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 2000'
3 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 3000'
12 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 10000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring DD Akishimo
Magazine explodes on DD Akishimo
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring a Wakatake class DD

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Q-Ball -- 9/21/2013 1:29:06 PM >

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 711
RE: Koepang - 9/21/2013 1:47:43 PM   
Q-Ball

Unfortunately, that great result I saw? That's not what actually happened!

Damned sync bug, and I guess it goes to show how die rolls can impact the eventual outcome.

The ACTUAL report, I caused a little less damage, but lost 3 CVEs, 1 BB, and 4 more cruisers in the process. OUCH!

My losses in this game have been VERY EXTREME, part my fault, part Greyjoy's excellent play, and part bad luck.

Anyway, here is the ACTUAL report. The main difference I see is that the bombardment of Koepang occurs at the END Of the day, rather than the beginning (The setting was "RETIRE", so the intention was to hit it at night). Not sure why the delay, but that was critical, as it allowed the IJN air to contest the skies, rather than sit on their hands and allow their ships to get killed.

We still came out ahead in the butchers bill, somewhat, but only because we had air superiority by design.

I am very disappointed by the result, because we had the set-up I wanted; just didn't go my way.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Feb 10, 44

Japanese Ships
BB Hiei, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Bluegill

BB Hiei is sighted by SS Bluegill
SS Bluegill launches 4 torpedoes at BB Hiei

Submarine attack near Roti at 67,116

Japanese Ships
SSX Ha-45, hits 10, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Australia
CA Baltimore
DD Tjerk Hiddes
DD Isaac Sweers
DD Racehorse
DD Jupiter
CA Canberra

SSX Ha-45 is sighted by escort
DD Racehorse attacking submerged sub ....
SSX Ha-45 forced to surface!
DD Racehorse firing on surfaced sub ....
DD Jupiter firing on surfaced sub ....
CA Canberra firing on surfaced sub ....
DD Racehorse firing on surfaced sub ....
DD Jupiter firing on surfaced sub ....
CA Canberra firing on surfaced sub ....
Sub slips beneath the waves

ASW attack near Roti at 67,116

Japanese Ships
SSX Ha-10, hits 5

Allied Ships
DD Isaac Sweers
CA Australia
CA Boston
CA Baltimore
DD Tjerk Hiddes
DD Racehorse
DD Jupiter

SSX Ha-10 launches 2 torpedoes at DD Isaac Sweers
Ha-10 bottoming out ....
DD Racehorse fails to find sub, continues to search...
DD Jupiter fails to find sub and abandons search
DD Racehorse attacking submerged sub ....
DD Racehorse is out of ASW ammo
DD Racehorse is out of ASW ammo
Escort abandons search for sub

Night Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,116, Range 10,000 YardsDD's go in first, good, this is what I wanted

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna
BB Kirishima, Shell hits 1
CA Takao
CA Kumano
DD Shimakaze
DD Kuroshio, Shell hits 1
DD Tagokaze
DD Takatakaze
DD Nagatakaze, Shell hits 1

Allied Ships
DD Hunt, Shell hits 1
DD Luce
DD Picking, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Wadsworth, Shell hits 1

Night Time Surface Combat, near Kendari at 71,106, Range 8,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
AKE Tazima Maru, Shell hits 3, on fire

Allied Ships
DD Halford
DD Meredith, Shell hits 1
DD Laffey
DD Relentless

Night Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,116, Range 7,000 Yards

Good shooting by the IJN here, we had a superior force
Japanese Ships
BB Ise, Shell hits 3
CL Jintsu, Shell hits 1
CL Kuma, Shell hits 1
DD Okinami, Shell hits 6, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Umigiri
DD Shigure, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Harusame, Shell hits 1
DD Ishikaze

Allied Ships
BB Washington, Shell hits 10, heavy fires
BB Indiana
DD Hickox
DD Marshall
DD Strong
DD Walker, Shell hits 1
DD Young, Shell hits 2, on fire

CONTACT: Japanese radar detects Allied task force at 12,000 yards
Range closes to 7,000 yards...
CONTACT: Allies radar detects Japanese task force at 7,000 yards
Holdrigde, M.H. crosses the 'T'
BB Ise engages BB Washington at 7,000 yards
BB Washington engages CL Kuma at 7,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Walker at 7,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DD Young at 7,000 yards
DD Shigure engages DD Young at 7,000 yards
DD Hickox engages DD Shigure at 7,000 yards
DD Okinami engages DD Hickox at 7,000 yards
Range closes to 5,000 yards
BB Washington engages BB Ise at 5,000 yards
CL Jintsu engages DD Walker at 5,000 yards
DD Okinami engages DD Walker at 5,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DD Young at 5,000 yards
DD Shigure engages DD Hickox at 5,000 yards
DD Okinami engages DD Hickox at 5,000 yards
BB Washington engages BB Ise at 6,000 yards
BB Washington engages CL Kuma at 6,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Young at 6,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Marshall at 6,000 yards
DD Young engages DD Harusame at 6,000 yards
DD Shigure engages DD Walker at 6,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Marshall at 6,000 yards
DD Walker engages DD Okinami at 6,000 yards
CL Jintsu engages DD Young at 5,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Walker at 5,000 yards
DD Okinami engages DD Strong at 5,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DD Marshall at 5,000 yards
DD Young engages DD Okinami at 5,000 yards
BB Ise engages BB Indiana at 6,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DD Young at 6,000 yards
DD Young engages DD Shigure at 6,000 yards
DD Walker engages DD Harusame at 6,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DD Walker at 6,000 yards
DD Marshall engages DD Shigure at 6,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Hickox at 6,000 yards
DD Okinami engages DD Hickox at 6,000 yards
BB Ise engages BB Indiana at 10,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DD Hickox at 10,000 yards
BB Washington engages CL Jintsu at 10,000 yards
DD Walker engages DD Ishikaze at 10,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DD Young at 10,000 yards
DD Marshall engages DD Okinami at 10,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Hickox at 10,000 yards
DD Walker engages DD Okinami at 10,000 yards
BB Ise engages BB Indiana at 13,000 yards
BB Washington engages BB Ise at 13,000 yards
DD Young engages DD Ishikaze at 13,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Marshall at 13,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DD Walker at 13,000 yards
DD Marshall engages DD Shigure at 13,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Marshall at 13,000 yards
DD Okinami engages DD Young at 13,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Japanese Ships
CA Maya, Shell hits 2
CA Kinugasa, Shell hits 1
DD Yugumo, Shell hits 7, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Makigumo, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Takanami, Shell hits 1
DD Fubuki, Shell hits 1
DD Isonami

Allied Ships
DD Aulick, Shell hits 1
DD Bache
DD Bell
DD Black, Shell hits 4, on fire
DD Clarence Bronson, Shell hits 12, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Burns, Shell hits 2, on fire

CA Kinugasa engages DD Bache at 8,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Bache at 8,000 yards
DD Black engages CA Maya at 8,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Bell at 8,000 yards
DD Takanami engages DD Black at 8,000 yards
DD Takanami engages DD Aulick at 8,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Bache at 8,000 yards
DD Takanami engages DD Burns at 4,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Clarence Bronson at 4,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Yugumo at 4,000 yards
DD Bell engages DD Takanami at 4,000 yards
DD Takanami engages DD Bache at 4,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Aulick at 4,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Yugumo at 4,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Burns at 3,000 yards
DD Clarence Bronson engages DD Yugumo at 3,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Takanami at 3,000 yards
DD Takanami engages DD Bell at 3,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Bache at 3,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Black at 3,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Yugumo at 3,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Takanami at 3,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Clarence Bronson at 3,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Black at 3,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Burns at 3,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Bache at 3,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Clarence Bronson at 3,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Black at 3,000 yards
Range increases to 7,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Takanami at 7,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Clarence Bronson at 7,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Black at 7,000 yards
DD Bell engages DD Takanami at 7,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Bache at 7,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Aulick at 7,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Clarence Bronson at 7,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages DD Burns at 8,000 yards
DD Clarence Bronson sunk by CA Maya at 8,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Black at 8,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Black at 8,000 yards
DD Bache engages DD Yugumo at 8,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Aulick at 8,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Burns at 8,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Black at 8,000 yards
DD Bell engages DD Yugumo at 8,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Fubuki at 8,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Aulick at 8,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Makigumo at 8,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Burns at 8,000 yards
Range increases to 9,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Yugumo at 9,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Black at 9,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Isonami at 9,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Fubuki at 9,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Aulick at 9,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Makigumo at 9,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Yugumo at 9,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages DD Burns at 12,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Black at 12,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Burns at 12,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Fubuki at 12,000 yards
DD Aulick engages DD Yugumo at 12,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Makigumo at 12,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Black at 12,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Black at 13,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Aulick at 13,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Black at 13,000 yards
DD Aulick engages DD Takanami at 13,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Black at 13,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Yugumo at 13,000 yards
DD Takanami engages DD Burns at 13,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Aulick at 13,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Burns at 13,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Fubuki at 13,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Aulick at 13,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Makigumo at 13,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Black at 13,000 yards
Range closes to 12,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages DD Burns at 12,000 yards
DD Takanami engages DD Bell at 12,000 yards
DD Yugumo engages DD Bache at 12,000 yards
DD Bache engages DD Takanami at 12,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Black at 12,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Yugumo at 12,000 yards
Range closes to 9,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages DD Burns at 9,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Bell at 9,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Black at 9,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Takanami at 9,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages DD Bache at 9,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Black at 9,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Bell at 9,000 yards
DD Aulick engages DD Makigumo at 9,000 yards
DD Bache engages DD Makigumo at 9,000 yards
Range increases to 11,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Makigumo at 11,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Black at 11,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Bell at 11,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Bache at 11,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Takanami at 11,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Makigumo at 11,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Yugumo at 11,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Burns at 9,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Burns at 9,000 yards
DD Bell engages DD Yugumo at 9,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Bache at 9,000 yards
DD Aulick engages DD Takanami at 9,000 yards
DD Burns engages DD Yugumo at 9,000 yards
Task forces break off...

This one really hurt; this IJN TF had already tangled with the DDs, so was lower on ammo

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna
BB Kirishima, Shell hits 1
CA Takao, Shell hits 2, on fire
CA Kumano, Shell hits 17, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Shimakaze
DD Tagokaze, Shell hits 1
DD Takatakaze, Shell hits 3, on fire
DD Nagatakaze

Allied Ships
CA Baltimore, Shell hits 7, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
CA Boston, Shell hits 1
CA Australia, Shell hits 6, heavy fires, heavy damage
CA Canberra
DD Isaac Sweers
DD Tjerk Hiddes
DD Jupiter, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Racehorse, Shell hits 1

CONTACT: Allies radar detects Japanese task force at 24,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CA Boston at 8,000 yards
CA Australia engages CA Takao at 8,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CA Australia at 8,000 yards
CA Takao engages CA Baltimore at 8,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Racehorse at 8,000 yards
DD Jupiter engages DD Tagokaze at 8,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Tjerk Hiddes at 8,000 yards
DD Jupiter engages DD Kuroshio at 8,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Racehorse at 8,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CA Canberra at 4,000 yards
BB Haruna engages CA Australia at 4,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CA Canberra at 4,000 yards
CA Takao engages CA Australia at 4,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Racehorse at 4,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Tjerk Hiddes at 4,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD Isaac Sweers at 4,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Jupiter at 4,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CA Canberra at 3,000 yards
CA Takao engages CA Australia at 3,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CA Baltimore at 3,000 yards
CA Takao engages CA Boston at 3,000 yards
DD Racehorse engages DD Shimakaze at 3,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Tjerk Hiddes at 3,000 yards
DD Isaac Sweers engages DD Tagokaze at 3,000 yards
DD Racehorse engages DD Shimakaze at 3,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CA Baltimore at 3,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CA Australia at 3,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CA Baltimore at 3,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Racehorse at 3,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Isaac Sweers at 3,000 yards
DD Racehorse engages DD Tagokaze at 3,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD Jupiter at 3,000 yards
DD Tjerk Hiddes engages DD Shimakaze at 3,000 yards
CA Canberra engages CA Kumano at 6,000 yards
BB Haruna engages CA Boston at 6,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CA Boston at 6,000 yards
CA Baltimore engages CA Takao at 6,000 yards
DD Racehorse engages DD Takatakaze at 6,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Jupiter at 6,000 yards
DD Isaac Sweers engages DD Takatakaze at 6,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Jupiter at 6,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CA Canberra at 10,000 yards
BB Haruna engages CA Baltimore at 10,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CA Canberra at 10,000 yards
CA Takao engages CA Australia at 10,000 yards
DD Jupiter engages DD Nagatakaze at 10,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Jupiter at 10,000 yards
DD Jupiter engages DD Tagokaze at 10,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD Isaac Sweers at 10,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Isaac Sweers at 10,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CA Canberra at 12,000 yards
CA Australia engages CA Kumano at 12,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CA Boston at 12,000 yards
CA Takao engages CA Baltimore at 12,000 yards
DD Tagokaze engages DD Racehorse at 12,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Jupiter at 12,000 yards
DD Tjerk Hiddes engages DD Shimakaze at 12,000 yards
DD Isaac Sweers engages DD Kuroshio at 12,000 yards
DD Tjerk Hiddes engages DD Shimakaze at 12,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CA Australia at 14,000 yards
CA Kumano engages CA Baltimore at 14,000 yards
CA Takao engages CA Australia at 14,000 yards
DD Tjerk Hiddes engages DD Nagatakaze at 14,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Jupiter at 14,000 yards
DD Isaac Sweers engages DD Kuroshio at 14,000 yards
DD Tjerk Hiddes engages DD Shimakaze at 14,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Submarine attack near Roti at 67,116

Japanese Ships
SSX Ha-46, hits 12, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CL Mobile
CL Birmingham
DD Aaron Ward
DD Monssen
DD Gwin
DD Harding
DD Thompson

SSX Ha-46 is sighted by escort
DD Harding fails to find sub and abandons search
DD Thompson attacking submerged sub ....
SSX Ha-46 forced to surface!
DD Thompson firing on surfaced sub ....
Sub slips beneath the waves

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna
BB Kirishima
DD Shimakaze
DD Kuroshio
DD Takatakaze, Shell hits 1, on fire

Allied Ships
DD DeHaven, Shell hits 7, and is sunk

Nishimura, Teiji crosses the 'T'
DD Shimakaze engages DD DeHaven at 8,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD DeHaven at 4,000 yards
DD DeHaven engages DD Takatakaze at 4,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD DeHaven at 4,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD DeHaven at 4,000 yards
DD DeHaven engages DD Shimakaze at 3,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD DeHaven at 3,000 yards
DD DeHaven engages DD Shimakaze at 3,000 yards
Range increases to 5,000 yards
DD DeHaven engages DD Takatakaze at 5,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD DeHaven at 5,000 yards
Baer, D.L. orders Allied TF to disengage
DD DeHaven sunk by BB Kirishima at 6,000 yards
Combat ends with last Allied ship sunk...

Japanese Ships
CA Maya, Shell hits 1
CA Kinugasa
DD Makigumo, Shell hits 1, heavy fires
DD Fubuki
DD Isonami

Allied Ships
DD Vampire
DD Warramunga, Shell hits 20, and is sunk

DD Makigumo engages DD Warramunga at 8,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Vampire at 8,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages DD Makigumo at 5,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Warramunga at 5,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages DD Fubuki at 5,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Warramunga at 5,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages DD Warramunga at 4,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Warramunga at 4,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages DD Fubuki at 4,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Warramunga at 4,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages DD Warramunga at 7,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Warramunga at 7,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Warramunga at 7,000 yards
DD Vampire engages DD Makigumo at 7,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Warramunga at 10,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Warramunga at 10,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages DD Isonami at 12,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Warramunga at 12,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Warramunga at 12,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Warramunga at 12,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages DD Warramunga at 12,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Vampire at 12,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages DD Isonami at 12,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Warramunga at 12,000 yards
Range closes to 8,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Warramunga at 8,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Vampire at 8,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Warramunga at 8,000 yards
DD Vampire engages DD Fubuki at 8,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Vampire at 8,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Warramunga at 8,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages DD Fubuki at 8,000 yards
DD Warramunga engages DD Makigumo at 10,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Warramunga at 10,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Warramunga at 10,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Warramunga at 11,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Warramunga at 11,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Warramunga at 11,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Warramunga at 11,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Warramunga at 9,000 yards
DD Warramunga sunk by CA Maya at 9,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages DD Vampire at 13,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Japanese Ships
CM Tsubame, Shell hits 11, and is sunk
CM Sarushima, Shell hits 3, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk

Allied Ships
DD Halford
DD Meredith, Shell hits 2
DD Laffey
DD Relentless

Range closes to 28,000 yards...
Range closes to 26,000 yards...
Range closes to 22,000 yards...
Range closes to 20,000 yards...
Range closes to 16,000 yards...
Range closes to 14,000 yards...
Range closes to 11,000 yards...
Range closes to 10,000 yards...
Pazdalski, T.B. crosses the 'T'
DD Relentless engages CM Tsubame at 8,000 yards
DD Meredith engages CM Tsubame at 8,000 yards
DD Halford engages CM Tsubame at 8,000 yards
DD Relentless engages CM Tsubame at 8,000 yards
DD Laffey engages CM Tsubame at 8,000 yards
DD Meredith engages CM Tsubame at 8,000 yards
DD Halford engages CM Tsubame at 8,000 yards
DD Laffey engages CM Tsubame at 7,000 yards
DD Meredith engages CM Tsubame at 7,000 yards
DD Halford engages CM Tsubame at 7,000 yards
DD Relentless engages CM Tsubame at 3,000 yards
DD Meredith engages CM Tsubame at 3,000 yards
DD Meredith engages CM Tsubame at 3,000 yards
DD Halford engages CM Tsubame at 3,000 yards
Range increases to 4,000 yards
DD Relentless engages CM Tsubame at 4,000 yards
Massive explosion on CM Tsubame
DD Laffey engages CM Tsubame at 4,000 yards
DD Meredith engages CM Tsubame at 4,000 yards
DD Halford engages CM Sarushima at 4,000 yards
DD Relentless engages CM Tsubame at 4,000 yards
DD Laffey engages CM Tsubame at 4,000 yards
CM Sarushima sunk by DD Halford at 4,000 yards
CM Tsubame sunk by DD Meredith at 2,000 yards
Combat ends with last Japanese ship sunk...

Japanese Ships
CA Nachi
CA Mikuma
CA Suzuya, Shell hits 1
DD Oboro

Allied Ships
DD Halford
DD Meredith
DD Laffey, Shell hits 1
DD Relentless, Shell hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

Pazdalski, T.B. crosses the 'T'
CA Mikuma engages DD Relentless at 8,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages DD Meredith at 8,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages DD Halford at 8,000 yards
Ariga, Kosaku orders Japanese TF to disengage
CA Suzuya engages DD Relentless at 4,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages DD Laffey at 4,000 yards
CA Nachi engages DD Laffey at 4,000 yards
DD Halford engages DD Oboro at 4,000 yards
CA Nachi engages DD Relentless at 4,000 yards
DD Oboro engages DD Laffey at 4,000 yards
CA Nachi engages DD Relentless at 4,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages DD Halford at 4,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages DD Halford at 7,000 yards
DD Oboro engages DD Laffey at 7,000 yards
DD Meredith engages DD Oboro at 7,000 yards
DD Oboro engages DD Relentless at 7,000 yards
DD Oboro engages DD Relentless at 9,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages DD Laffey at 9,000 yards
CA Nachi engages DD Laffey at 9,000 yards
Task forces break off...

This is Combat #5 for Haruna/Kirishima; where are these shells coming from?
Japanese Ships
BB Haruna, Shell hits 1
BB Kirishima, Shell hits 9, on fire
DD Shimakaze
DD Takatakaze, Shell hits 3, heavy fires

Allied Ships
CL Biloxi, Shell hits 1
CL Birmingham, Shell hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
CL Mobile, Shell hits 1
DD Gwin
DD Monssen
DD Aaron Ward
DD McCalla
DD Thompson
DD Harding

Nishimura, Teiji crosses the 'T'
BB Kirishima engages CL Mobile at 8,000 yards
CL Biloxi engages DD Takatakaze at 8,000 yards
CL Mobile engages DD Kuroshio at 8,000 yards
DD Thompson engages DD Kuroshio at 8,000 yards
DD McCalla engages DD Kuroshio at 8,000 yards
DD Aaron Ward engages DD Takatakaze at 8,000 yards
DD Monssen engages DD Takatakaze at 8,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD Gwin at 8,000 yards
Nishimura, Teiji orders Japanese TF to disengage
Range closes to 6,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CL Mobile at 6,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CL Birmingham at 6,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CL Biloxi at 6,000 yards
BB Haruna engages DD Harding at 6,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Aaron Ward at 6,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD McCalla at 6,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Monssen at 6,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Gwin at 6,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CL Mobile at 5,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CL Birmingham at 5,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CL Biloxi at 5,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD McCalla at 5,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD McCalla at 5,000 yards
DD Aaron Ward engages DD Takatakaze at 5,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Monssen at 5,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Gwin at 5,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CL Mobile at 6,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CL Birmingham at 6,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD Thompson at 6,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Monssen at 6,000 yards
DD Gwin engages DD Takatakaze at 6,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CL Mobile at 9,000 yards
BB Haruna engages CL Mobile at 9,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CL Biloxi at 9,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Harding at 9,000 yards
DD Kuroshio engages DD Thompson at 9,000 yards
DD McCalla engages DD Takatakaze at 9,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Aaron Ward at 9,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Monssen at 9,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Gwin at 9,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CL Mobile at 12,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages CL Birmingham at 12,000 yards
DD Harding engages DD Takatakaze at 12,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Harding at 12,000 yards
DD Thompson engages DD Shimakaze at 12,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD McCalla at 12,000 yards
DD Takatakaze engages DD Aaron Ward at 12,000 yards
DD Monssen engages DD Takatakaze at 12,000 yards
DD Gwin engages DD Takatakaze at 12,000 yards
Task forces break off...

ASW attack near Alor at 70,112

Japanese Ships
DD Shiranui

Allied Ships
SS Flounder

SS Flounder is sighted by escort
Flounder diving deep ....
DD Shiranui fails to find sub, continues to search...

Japanese Ships
DD Suresushio, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Bluegill

DD Suresushio is sighted by SS Bluegill
SS Bluegill launches 2 torpedoes at DD Suresushio

Sub attack near Koepang at 68,116

You know it's a bad day when a MIDGET sub actually hits something.....
Japanese Ships
SSX Ha-47, hits 9, heavy damage

Allied Ships
CL Birmingham, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Harding

SSX Ha-47 launches 2 torpedoes at CL Birmingham
Ha-47 bottoming out ....
DD Harding attacking submerged sub ....
Sounds of submarine breaking up detected!

Night Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,116, Range 30,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Maya
CA Kinugasa
DD Makigumo, on fire
DD Fubuki
DD Isonami

Allied Ships
CL Birmingham, on fire, heavy damage
DD Harding

CONTACT: Allies radar detects Japanese task force at 10,000 yards
Allied TF attempts to evade combat
Range increases to 11,000 yards...
Range increases to 12,000 yards...
Range increases to 13,000 yards...
Range increases to 14,000 yards...
Range increases to 15,000 yards...
CONTACT: Japanese radar detects Allied task force at 15,000 yards
Range increases to 16,000 yards...
Range increases to 17,000 yards...
Range increases to 18,000 yards...
Range increases to 19,000 yards...
Range increases to 20,000 yards...
Range increases to 21,000 yards...
Range increases to 22,000 yards...
Range increases to 23,000 yards...
Range increases to 24,000 yards...
Range increases to 25,000 yards...
Range increases to 26,000 yards...
Range increases to 27,000 yards...
Range increases to 28,000 yards...
Range increases to 29,000 yards...
Range increases to 30,000 yards...
Allied Task Force Manages to Escape
Allied Escort TF evades combat

Night Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,116, Range 30,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Maya
CA Kinugasa
DD Makigumo, on fire
DD Fubuki
DD Isonami

Allied Ships
CL Birmingham, on fire, heavy damage
DD Harding

Allied TF attempts to evade combat
Range increases to 9,000 yards...
Range increases to 10,000 yards...
Range increases to 11,000 yards...
Range increases to 12,000 yards...
Range increases to 13,000 yards...
Range increases to 14,000 yards...
Range increases to 15,000 yards...
Range increases to 16,000 yards...
Range increases to 17,000 yards...
Range increases to 18,000 yards...
Range increases to 19,000 yards...
Range increases to 20,000 yards...
Range increases to 21,000 yards...
Range increases to 22,000 yards...
Range increases to 23,000 yards...
Range increases to 24,000 yards...
Range increases to 25,000 yards...
Range increases to 26,000 yards...
Range increases to 27,000 yards...
Range increases to 28,000 yards...
Range increases to 29,000 yards...
Allied Escort TF evades combat

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
SOC-1 Seagull: 1 destroyed

Japanese Ships
CA Maya, Shell hits 1
CA Kinugasa
DD Makigumo, Shell hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Fubuki
DD Isonami

Allied Ships
CA Baltimore, Shell hits 2, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Jupiter, Shell hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

CONTACT: Allies radar detects Japanese task force at 12,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Jupiter at 8,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages CA Baltimore at 9,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Jupiter at 9,000 yards
DD Jupiter engages DD Isonami at 9,000 yards
DD Jupiter engages DD Fubuki at 9,000 yards
DD Jupiter engages DD Makigumo at 9,000 yards
CA Baltimore engages CA Kinugasa at 7,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Jupiter at 7,000 yards
CA Baltimore sunk by CA Kinugasa at 6,000 yards
DD Isonami engages DD Jupiter at 6,000 yards
DD Makigumo engages DD Jupiter at 6,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages DD Jupiter at 7,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Jupiter at 7,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Japanese Ships
CA Maya
CA Kinugasa, Shell hits 3
DD Fubuki

Allied Ships
BB Washington, Shell hits 10, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Young, Shell hits 1, on fire

CA Kinugasa engages BB Washington at 8,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages DD Young at 8,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Young at 8,000 yards
CA Kinugasa engages DD Young at 8,000 yards
BB Washington engages CA Maya at 8,000 yards
BB Washington engages CA Kinugasa at 8,000 yards
DD Young engages DD Fubuki at 8,000 yards
DD Fubuki engages DD Young at 8,000 yards
BB Washington engages CA Kinugasa at 6,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Young at 6,000 yards
BB Washington engages DD Fubuki at 6,000 yards
Nabeshima, Shunsaku orders Japanese TF to disengage
BB Washington engages CA Kinugasa at 7,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Young at 7,000 yards
BB Washington engages CA Kinugasa at 12,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Young at 12,000 yards
CA Maya engages DD Young at 12,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Japanese Ships
PB Chosa Maru
PB Hakakisan Maru, Shell hits 1, on fire
PB Hokutai Maru
PB Kenan Maru, Shell hits 2

Allied Ships
BB Washington, Shell hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Young, on fire

BB Washington engages PB Kenan Maru at 8,000 yards
DD Young engages PB Kenan Maru at 8,000 yards
DD Young engages PB Kenan Maru at 8,000 yards
BB Washington engages PB Hakakisan Maru at 8,000 yards
BB Washington engages PB Chosa Maru at 8,000 yards
BB Washington engages PB Kenan Maru at 9,000 yards
DD Young engages PB Kenan Maru at 9,000 yards
BB Washington engages PB Hakakisan Maru at 11,000 yards
BB Washington engages PB Kenan Maru at 13,000 yards
DD Young engages PB Kenan Maru at 13,000 yards
BB Washington engages PB Hakakisan Maru at 13,000 yards
BB Washington engages PB Chosa Maru at 13,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
SOC-1 Seagull: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships
MTB G-541, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
MTB G-544, Shell hits 1, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CL Birmingham, and is sunk
DD Harding

Allied Ships Reported to be Approaching!
Japanese TF begins to get underway
MTB G-544 sunk by CL Birmingham at 8,000 yards
MTB G-541 sunk by DD Harding at 8,000 yards
Combat ends with last Japanese ship sunk...

Night Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 67,115, Range 8,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Ise, Shell hits 2
CL Kuma, Shell hits 2
DD Umigiri
DD Shigure, on fire
DD Harusame
DD Ishikaze, Shell hits 2, on fire

Allied Ships
CL Biloxi
CL Mobile, Shell hits 5
DD Gwin, Shell hits 1
DD Monssen
DD Aaron Ward
DD McCalla
DD Thompson

CONTACT: Japanese radar detects Allied task force at 24,000 yards
CONTACT: Japanese radar detects Allied task force at 18,000 yards
Takeda, Isamu* crosses the 'T'
BB Ise engages CL Mobile at 8,000 yards
CL Mobile engages CL Kuma at 8,000 yards
DD Thompson engages DD Umigiri at 8,000 yards
BB Ise engages CL Mobile at 5,000 yards
CL Kuma engages CL Mobile at 5,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Thompson at 5,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD McCalla at 5,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Aaron Ward at 5,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Aaron Ward at 5,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Gwin at 5,000 yards
CL Kuma engages CL Mobile at 5,000 yards
CL Biloxi engages CL Kuma at 5,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Aaron Ward at 5,000 yards
BB Ise engages DD Aaron Ward at 5,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Gwin at 5,000 yards
BB Ise engages CL Mobile at 7,000 yards
CL Mobile engages CL Kuma at 7,000 yards
DD Gwin engages DD Ishikaze at 7,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD McCalla at 7,000 yards
DD Aaron Ward engages DD Umigiri at 7,000 yards
DD Monssen engages DD Umigiri at 7,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Gwin at 7,000 yards
BB Ise engages CL Mobile at 9,000 yards
CL Mobile engages CL Kuma at 9,000 yards
DD Thompson engages DD Ishikaze at 9,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DD Gwin at 9,000 yards
DD Shigure engages DD McCalla at 9,000 yards
DD Monssen engages DD Umigiri at 9,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DD Gwin at 9,000 yards
BB Ise engages CL Mobile at 14,000 yards
CL Kuma engages CL Biloxi at 14,000 yards
DD Aaron Ward engages DD Ishikaze at 14,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD McCalla at 14,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Aaron Ward at 14,000 yards
DD Monssen engages DD Ishikaze at 14,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Gwin at 14,000 yards
Task forces break off...

ASW attack near Koepang at 66,119

Japanese Ships
SS I-11

Allied Ships
DMS Zane
BB Iowa
DMS Perry
DD Cowell
DD Colahan
DD Charles Badger

SS I-11 launches 2 torpedoes at DMS Zane
I-11 diving deep ....
DD Cowell fails to find sub and abandons search
DD Colahan fails to find sub and abandons search
DD Charles Badger fails to find sub, continues to search...
DD Charles Badger attacking submerged sub ....

Day Time Surface Combat, near Roti at 67,116, Range 30,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Maya
CA Kinugasa
DD Fubuki

Allied Ships
DD Young

Day Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,116, Range 30,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Kuroshio
DD Takatakaze, heavy fires

Allied Ships
DD Harding

Maximum visibility in Overcast Conditions: 20,000 yards
Both Task Forces evade combat

Day Time Surface Combat, near Roti at 67,116, Range 30,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna
BB Kirishima
DD Shimakaze

Allied Ships
DD Harding

Both Task Forces evade combat

Japanese Ships
PB Chosa Maru, Shell hits 26, and is sunk
PB Hakakisan Maru, Shell hits 22, and is sunk
PB Hokutai Maru, Shell hits 21, and is sunk
PB Kenan Maru, Shell hits 15, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Boston
CA Canberra
DD Isaac Sweers
DD Tjerk Hiddes
DD Racehorse

Day Time Surface Combat, near Roti at 67,116, Range 20,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Maya, Shell hits 1
CA Kinugasa, Shell hits 3
DD Fubuki, Shell hits 31, and is sunk

Allied Ships
DD Aulick, Shell hits 1
DD Bache, Shell hits 3
DD Bell
DD Black
DD Burns

Day Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 67,117, Range 18,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Maya, Shell hits 4
CA Kinugasa

Allied Ships
DD Ralph Talbot, Shell hits 1
DD Maury
DD Benham
DD Cummings
DD Balch
DD Clark

Task forces break off...

Day Time Surface Combat, near Kendari at 70,107, Range 18,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Natsushio
DD Yukikaze
DD Tokitsukaze, Shell hits 2, on fire

Allied Ships
DD Halford, Shell hits 1
DD Laffey, Shell hits 1, on fire

Day Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 67,117, Range 30,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna
BB Kirishima
DD Shimakaze

Allied Ships
DD Young

Submarine attack near Kangean at 61,105

Japanese Ships
DD Oyashio, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Sailfish

DD Oyashio is sighted by SS Sailfish
SS Sailfish launches 4 torpedoes

Day Time Surface Combat, near Tockangbesi-eilanden at 71,108, Range 18,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Furutaka
DD Isokaze, Shell hits 1, heavy damage

Allied Ships
DD Meredith, Shell hits 2, heavy fires
DD Relentless, Shell hits 2, and is sunk

Day Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,118, Range 20,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna, Shell hits 1
BB Kirishima, Shell hits 4
DD Shimakaze

Allied Ships
DD Aulick
DD Bache
DD Bell
DD Black, Shell hits 1
DD Burns, Shell hits 1

CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 20,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 20,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Bache at 20,000 yards
Range closes to 18,000 yards
BB Haruna engages DD Aulick at 18,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Bell at 18,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Bache at 18,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Aulick at 18,000 yards
Range closes to 14,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Burns at 14,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Black at 14,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Bell at 14,000 yards
BB Haruna engages DD Bache at 14,000 yards
BB Haruna engages DD Aulick at 14,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Aulick at 12,000 yards
BB Haruna engages DD Black at 12,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Bell at 12,000 yards
BB Haruna engages DD Bache at 12,000 yards
BB Haruna engages DD Aulick at 12,000 yards
Range closes to 10,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Burns at 10,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Black at 10,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Burns at 10,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Bache at 10,000 yards
DD Aulick engages DD Shimakaze at 10,000 yards
BB Haruna engages DD Burns at 8,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Shimakaze at 8,000 yards
DD Black engages DD Shimakaze at 8,000 yards
BB Kirishima engages DD Bache at 8,000 yards
DD Aulick engages DD Shimakaze at 8,000 yards
Sargent, I.T. orders Allied TF to disengage
BB Haruna engages DD Black at 11,000 yards
DD Bell engages DD Shimakaze at 11,000 yards
BB Haruna engages DD Bache at 11,000 yards
DD Shimakaze engages DD Aulick at 11,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Sub attack near Alor at 70,112

Japanese Ships
PB Akagane Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
PB Tokyo Maru

Allied Ships
SS Flounder

Day Time Surface Combat, near Koepang at 68,116, Range 18,000 Yards

This TF is no match at all for NEW JERSEY/IOWA:
Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
E13A1 Jake: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships
BB Ise, Shell hits 12, and is sunk
CL Kuma, Shell hits 3, on fire
DD Umigiri, Shell hits 6, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Shigure, Shell hits 4, on fire
DD Harusame, Shell hits 5, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Ishikaze, Shell hits 11, and is sunk

Allied Ships
BB Iowa, Shell hits 3
BB New Jersey, Shell hits 3
DD Fletcher, Shell hits 2
DD Charles Badger, Shell hits 1
DD Colahan, Shell hits 1
DD Cowell, Shell hits 3, on fire
DMS Zane, Shell hits 1
DMS Perry, Shell hits 4, heavy fires

CONTACT: Japanese radar detects Allied task force at 24,000 yards
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 18,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 18,000 yards
BB Ise engages BB New Jersey at 18,000 yards
BB Ise engages BB Iowa at 18,000 yards
BB Iowa engages DD Harusame at 18,000 yards
BB Iowa engages DD Shigure at 18,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages DD Umigiri at 18,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DMS Perry at 18,000 yards
BB Ise engages DMS Zane at 18,000 yards
BB Ise engages BB New Jersey at 12,000 yards
BB Iowa engages BB Ise at 12,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages DD Ishikaze at 12,000 yards
DD Colahan engages DD Shigure at 12,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Charles Badger at 12,000 yards
DD Colahan engages DD Umigiri at 12,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DMS Perry at 12,000 yards
BB Ise engages DMS Zane at 12,000 yards
Range closes to 11,000 yards
BB Ise engages BB New Jersey at 11,000 yards
BB Ise engages BB Iowa at 11,000 yards
DD Colahan engages DD Ishikaze at 11,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Colahan at 11,000 yards
DD Shigure engages DD Colahan at 11,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Fletcher at 11,000 yards
BB Ise engages DMS Zane at 11,000 yards
Range closes to 10,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages BB Ise at 10,000 yards
DD Colahan engages CL Kuma at 10,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Cowell at 10,000 yards
DD Shigure engages DD Charles Badger at 10,000 yards
DD Fletcher engages DD Harusame at 10,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Perry at 10,000 yards
BB Ise engages DMS Zane at 10,000 yards
Takeda, Isamu* orders Japanese TF to disengage
BB Ise engages BB New Jersey at 8,000 yards
BB Iowa engages CL Kuma at 8,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Cowell at 8,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DD Colahan at 8,000 yards
DD Charles Badger engages DD Ishikaze at 8,000 yards
DD Charles Badger engages DD Umigiri at 8,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Perry at 8,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Zane at 8,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages BB Ise at 6,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Perry at 6,000 yards
DD Cowell engages DD Ishikaze at 6,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DD Colahan at 6,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Charles Badger at 6,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Fletcher at 6,000 yards
BB Ise engages DMS Zane at 6,000 yards
BB Ise engages BB New Jersey at 6,000 yards
DD Cowell engages DD Harusame at 6,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DD Cowell at 6,000 yards
DD Charles Badger engages DD Harusame at 6,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Fletcher at 6,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Zane at 6,000 yards
BB Ise sunk by BB Iowa at 8,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DD Charles Badger at 8,000 yards
DD Colahan engages DD Ishikaze at 8,000 yards
DD Colahan engages DD Umigiri at 8,000 yards
DD Ishikaze engages DD Charles Badger at 8,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Fletcher at 8,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages CL Kuma at 7,000 yards
DD Fletcher engages DD Harusame at 7,000 yards
DD Shigure engages DD Charles Badger at 7,000 yards
DD Fletcher engages DD Umigiri at 7,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Fletcher at 7,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Perry at 7,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Zane at 7,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages CL Kuma at 10,000 yards
DD Cowell engages DD Ishikaze at 10,000 yards
DD Colahan engages DD Shigure at 10,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Charles Badger at 10,000 yards
DD Fletcher engages DD Shigure at 10,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Perry at 10,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Zane at 10,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Perry at 9,000 yards
BB Iowa engages CL Kuma at 9,000 yards
DD Cowell engages DD Ishikaze at 9,000 yards
DD Shigure engages DD Colahan at 9,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Charles Badger at 9,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Fletcher at 9,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Zane at 9,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages CL Kuma at 9,000 yards
DD Ishikaze sunk by BB Iowa at 9,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Cowell at 9,000 yards
DD Shigure engages DD Colahan at 9,000 yards
DD Charles Badger engages DD Shigure at 9,000 yards
DD Fletcher engages DD Harusame at 9,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Zane at 9,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages CL Kuma at 13,000 yards
BB Iowa engages CL Kuma at 13,000 yards
DD Cowell engages DD Umigiri at 13,000 yards
DD Umigiri engages DD Colahan at 13,000 yards
DD Harusame engages DD Charles Badger at 13,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Perry at 13,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Zane at 13,000 yards
Range increases to 21,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages CL Kuma at 21,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages DD Harusame at 21,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DD Fletcher at 21,000 yards
CL Kuma engages DMS Zane at 21,000 yards
Range increases to 27,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages CL Kuma at 27,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages DD Harusame at 27,000 yards
BB New Jersey engages DD Shigure at 27,000 yards
Task forces break off...

Sub attack near Alor at 70,112

Japanese Ships
PB Tokyo Maru, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Flounder

SS Flounder launches 2 torpedoes at PB Tokyo Maru

Morning Air attack on TF, near Kendari at 70,107

Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 24
B5N2 Kate x 3
P1Y1 Frances x 10

Japanese aircraft losses
P1Y1 Frances: 4 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Halford

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x P1Y1 Frances launching torpedoes at 200 feet
6 x P1Y1 Frances launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Morning Air attack on TF, near Roti at 64,119

These guys all took off from a not-so-closed Koepang:

Raid detected at 78 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 25 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 52
D4Y3 Judy x 27
N1K2-J George x 31
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar x 22

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 22
F6F-3 Hellcat x 44

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 6 destroyed
D4Y3 Judy: 11 destroyed, 5 damaged
N1K2-J George: 1 destroyed
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
FM-1 Wildcat: 1 destroyed

Allied Ships
CVE Manila Bay
CVE Chenango
CVE St. Lo

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x D4Y3 Judy releasing from 2000'

CAP engaged:
VF-35 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 10 on standby, 6 scrambling)
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 24 minutes
VC(F)-41 with FM-1 Wildcat (0 airborne, 9 on standby, 4 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 7000 and 16000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 35 minutes
VC(F)-63 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 9 on standby, 4 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 3000 and 16000.
VOC(F)-1 with FM-1 Wildcat (0 airborne, 9 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 16000.
VRF-1F with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 9 on standby, 0 scrambling)
VMF-122 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters to 12000.

Japanese aircraft
B6N2 Jill x 25

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 13
F6F-3 Hellcat x 29

Japanese aircraft losses
B6N2 Jill: 4 destroyed

No Allied losses

CAP engaged:
VF-35 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 1 on standby, 0 scrambling)
9 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 10000 and 18000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 91 minutes
VC(F)-41 with FM-1 Wildcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
9 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 15000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 41 minutes
VC(F)-63 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters to 10000.
VOC(F)-1 with FM-1 Wildcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 16000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 50 minutes
VMF-122 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 10000 and 13000.
VRF-1F with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
7 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 10000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 21 minutes

Morning Air attack on TF, near Tockangbesi-eilanden at 71,108

Raid detected at 70 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 29 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 20
A6M5 Zero x 4
B5N2 Kate x 6

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
DD Meredith, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Raid detected at 77 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
D4Y3 Judy x 57
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar x 29

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 12
F6F-3 Hellcat x 23

Japanese aircraft losses
D4Y3 Judy: 10 destroyed, 19 damaged
D4Y3 Judy: 3 destroyed by flak
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar: 6 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses

Allied Ships
CVE Liscome Bay, Bomb hits 2, on fire
CVE Chenango, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires
CVE St. Lo
CVE Natoma Bay, Bomb hits 1, on fire
CVE Corregidor

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x D4Y3 Judy releasing from 3000'
11 x D4Y3 Judy releasing from 1000'
18 x D4Y3 Judy releasing from 2000'

CAP engaged:
VF-35 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 1 on standby, 4 scrambling)
3 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 12000 and 18000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 25 minutes
3 planes vectored on to bombers
VC(F)-41 with FM-1 Wildcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 7 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 2000 and 15000.
6 planes vectored on to bombers
VC(F)-63 with F6F-3 Hellcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
4 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 32 minutes
4 planes vectored on to bombers
VOC(F)-1 with FM-1 Wildcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 2 scrambling)
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 36 minutes
VMF-122 with F6F-3 Hellcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 planes vectored on to bombers
VRF-1F with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 6 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 10000.
6 planes vectored on to bombers

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CVE Chenango

Raid detected at 77 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
D4Y3 Judy x 36
N1K2-J George x 9

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 11
F6F-3 Hellcat x 17

Japanese aircraft losses
D4Y3 Judy: 10 destroyed, 6 damaged
D4Y3 Judy: 1 destroyed by flak

Allied aircraft losses

Allied Ships
LSD Carter Hall
APA Fayette
APA George Clymer
APA Harry Lee
APA President Adams
APD King
APA J. Franklin Bell

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x D4Y3 Judy releasing from 2000'
13 x D4Y3 Judy releasing from 1000'

CAP engaged:
(1 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 10000 and 13000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 29 minutes
VC(F)-41 with FM-1 Wildcat (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(2 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
3 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 10000 and 14000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 16 minutes
2 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-35 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 37 minutes
7 planes vectored on to bombers
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 4 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 17000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 58 minutes
VMF-122 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)

Raid detected at 75 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
D4Y3 Judy x 22

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 5
F6F-3 Hellcat x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
D4Y3 Judy: 6 destroyed, 6 damaged

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
APD Crosby
APA George Clymer
APD Talbot
APA President Monroe
AKA Bellatrix

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x D4Y3 Judy releasing from 1000'
9 x D4Y3 Judy releasing from 2000'

CAP engaged:
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 26 minutes
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters to 15000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 10 minutes
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters to 16000.

Morning Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 68,116

This could have been worse, but they were protected by CAP from my main CVs.....the fighter groups on my core CVs are crack pilots from several rounds like this. The SARATOGA fighter group, all but 2 pilots are INSTRUCTORS!

Raid detected at 96 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
B6N2 Jill x 25
J2M3 Jack x 16
J2M5 Jack x 2
N1K1-J George x 9
N1K2-J George x 108
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 6
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 3
Ki-84a Frank x 8
Ki-84r Frank x 11

Allied aircraft
F4U-1A Corsair x 44
F6F-3 Hellcat x 48

Japanese aircraft losses
B6N2 Jill: 10 destroyed, 7 damaged
B6N2 Jill: 1 destroyed by flak
J2M3 Jack: 1 destroyed
N1K2-J George: 4 destroyed
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1A Corsair: 2 destroyed
F6F-3 Hellcat: 5 destroyed

Allied Ships
BB New Jersey
BB Iowa, Torpedo hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x B6N2 Jill launching torpedoes at 200 feet

CAP engaged:
VF-2 with F4U-1A Corsair (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(32 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 16 being recalled, 16 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 13000
VF-3 with F6F-3 Hellcat (10 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(12 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
10 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 6 minutes
VF-42 with F6F-3 Hellcat (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 6 being recalled, 4 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 27 minutes
VF-9 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 10 being recalled, 2 out of immediate contact.
VF-18 with F4U-1A Corsair (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 4 being recalled, 4 out of immediate contact.
VF-22 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(3 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 3 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 9 minutes
VF-24 with F6F-3 Hellcat (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
VF-25 with F6F-3 Hellcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 5 minutes
VF-30 with F6F-3 Hellcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 11 minutes

Morning Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 67,118

Raid detected at 63 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
B6N2 Jill x 25

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 1
F6F-3 Hellcat x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
B6N2 Jill: 15 destroyed

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
CL Biloxi
CL Mobile

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x B6N2 Jill launching torpedoes at 200 feet

CAP engaged:
VC(F)-41 with FM-1 Wildcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead
VF-22 with F6F-3 Hellcat (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(4 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
Raid is overhead
VF-24 with F6F-3 Hellcat (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead

Morning Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 67,118

Raid detected at 60 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
B6N2 Jill x 25

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
B6N2 Jill: 12 destroyed, 2 damaged

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
CL Mobile, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Thompson
CL Biloxi

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x B6N2 Jill launching torpedoes at 200 feet

CAP engaged:
VF-25 with F6F-3 Hellcat (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters to 8000.
VF-24 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters to 8000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 10 minutes

Magazine explodes on CL Mobile

Morning Air attack on TF, near Roti at 66,118

Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
B6N2 Jill x 25

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
B6N2 Jill: 9 destroyed, 6 damaged

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
DD Ralph Talbot
DD Cummings
DD Maury

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x B6N2 Jill launching torpedoes at 200 feet

CAP engaged:
VF-30 with F6F-3 Hellcat (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 2 minutes

Morning Air attack on Koepang , at 68,116

I had set several sweeps in order to take a dent out of the CAP over Koepang, so I could clean-up any cripples from the night action left

Raid detected at 73 NM, estimated altitude 47,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 21 minutes

Japanese aircraft
J2M3 Jack x 40
J2M5 Jack x 8
N1K1-J George x 22
N1K2-J George x 191
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 9
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 10
Ki-84a Frank x 11
Ki-84r Frank x 26

Allied aircraft
P-47D2 Thunderbolt x 59
F4U-1A Corsair x 18
F6F-3 Hellcat x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
J2M3 Jack: 2 destroyed
J2M5 Jack: 1 destroyed
N1K2-J George: 8 destroyed
Ki-84r Frank: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x P-47D2 Thunderbolt sweeping at 42000 feet
17 x P-47D2 Thunderbolt sweeping at 42000 feet
14 x P-47D2 Thunderbolt sweeping at 42000 feet

CAP engaged:
252 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 8 on standby, 0 scrambling)
21 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 9000 and 35300.
284 Ku S-1 /A with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 10 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 31000 and 35300.
253 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 5 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 12000 and 35300.
284 Ku S-1 /B with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 7 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 16000 and 35300.
Yokosuka Ku S-2 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 16 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 31000 and 35300.
902 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
284 Ku S-1 /C with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 4 on standby, 0 scrambling)
5 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 20000 and 35300.
253 Ku S-2 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 8 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters to 35300.
331 Ku S-1 with J2M3 Jack (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 12000 and 38380.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 20 minutes
341 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 14000 and 35300.
381 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
16 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 15000 and 35300.
Ominato Ku S-1/C with N1K1-J George (0 airborne, 15 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 31000 and 40000.
Unyo-1/A with J2M3 Jack (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 15000 and 38380.
Unyo-1/B with J2M5 Jack (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters to 36910.
Unyo-1/C with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 4 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 19000 and 35300.
286 Ku S-1 /A with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters to 20000.
5th Sentai with Ki-84r Frank (0 airborne, 5 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 34000 , scrambling fighters between 16000 and 38270.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 17 minutes
50th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 1 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 12000 and 20000.
66th Sentai with Ki-45 KAIa Nick (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 17000 , scrambling fighters to 35200.
85th Sentai with Ki-84r Frank (0 airborne, 8 on standby, 2 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 34000 , scrambling fighters between 15000 and 38270.

Raid detected at 69 NM, estimated altitude 43,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
J2M3 Jack x 36
J2M5 Jack x 6
N1K1-J George x 22
N1K2-J George x 171
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 9
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 10
Ki-84a Frank x 11
Ki-84r Frank x 23

Allied aircraft
P-47D2 Thunderbolt x 6
F4U-1A Corsair x 14
F6F-3 Hellcat x 15

Japanese aircraft losses
J2M3 Jack: 2 destroyed
N1K2-J George: 3 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F6F-3 Hellcat: 4 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x P-47D2 Thunderbolt sweeping at 42000 feet

CAP engaged:
252 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 14 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 16000 and 35300.
253 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
5 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 35300.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 44 minutes
Yokosuka Ku S-2 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 16 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 31000 and 42000.
902 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 8 on standby, 0 scrambling)
284 Ku S-1 /C with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 7 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 35000 and 35300.
253 Ku S-2 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 8 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 29000 and 35300.
331 Ku S-1 with J2M3 Jack (0 airborne, 9 on standby, 0 scrambling)
341 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
3 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Ominato Ku S-1/C with N1K1-J George (0 airborne, 12 on standby, 0 scrambling)
7 plane(s) not yet engaged, 3 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 17000 and 41010.
Unyo-1/A with J2M3 Jack (0 airborne, 7 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Unyo-1/B with J2M5 Jack (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 36910 and 41000.
Unyo-1/C with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 4 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters to 35300.
286 Ku S-1 /A with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters to 35300.
50th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 5 on standby, 1 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 12000 and 43000.
66th Sentai with Ki-45 KAIa Nick (0 airborne, 8 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 17000 , scrambling fighters to 35200.
85th Sentai with Ki-84r Frank (0 airborne, 8 on standby, 2 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 34000 , scrambling fighters between 34000 and 38270.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 39 minutes
244th Sentai with Ki-84a Frank (0 airborne, 5 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters to 34440.
Chuyo-1 with J2M3 Jack (2 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 4 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 28900 and 38380.
201 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
15 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 11000 and 41000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 34 minutes
284 Ku S-1 /A with N1K2-J George (3 airborne, 7 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 29900 and 35300.

Morning Air attack on TF, near Kendari at 70,107

Raid detected at 43 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 12 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 15
P1Y1 Frances x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
P1Y1 Frances: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Halford

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x P1Y1 Frances launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Morning Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 68,116

Raid detected at 90 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 29 minutes

Japanese aircraft
B6N2 Jill x 25
J2M3 Jack x 10
J2M5 Jack x 3
N1K1-J George x 10
N1K2-J George x 93
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 4
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 3
Ki-84a Frank x 5
Ki-84r Frank x 13

Allied aircraft
F4U-1A Corsair x 34
F6F-3 Hellcat x 67

Japanese aircraft losses
B6N2 Jill: 6 destroyed, 4 damaged
N1K2-J George: 3 destroyed
Ki-84a Frank: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1A Corsair: 1 destroyed
F6F-3 Hellcat: 7 destroyed

Allied Ships
DD Colahan
DMS Perry, heavy fires

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x B6N2 Jill launching torpedoes at 200 feet

CAP engaged:
VF-2 with F4U-1A Corsair (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 7 scrambling)
(15 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 13 being recalled, 2 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 13000 and 40380.
VF-18 with F4U-1A Corsair (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 3 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 13000.
VF-3 with F6F-3 Hellcat (12 airborne, 0 on standby, 5 scrambling)
(20 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
12 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 8 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 12000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 38 minutes
VF-42 with F6F-3 Hellcat (8 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(20 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
8 plane(s) intercepting now.
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 12 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 15000 and 23700.
VF-9 with F6F-3 Hellcat (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 2 scrambling)
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 4 being recalled, 4 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 9000 and 19000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 51 minutes
VF-25 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 18000 and 20600.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 1 minutes

Raid detected at 39 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 12 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 27
B6N2 Jill x 36
N1K2-J George x 15

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 2
F6F-3 Hellcat x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
B6N2 Jill: 15 damaged
B6N2 Jill: 3 destroyed by flak

Allied aircraft losses
F6F-3 Hellcat: 3 destroyed

Allied Ships
CVE Corregidor, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
CVE St. Lo, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
CVE Natoma Bay, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
CVE Manila Bay
CVE Liscome Bay, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk
CVE Chenango, Torpedo hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
33 x B6N2 Jill launching torpedoes at 200 feet

CAP engaged:
VF-35 with F6F-3 Hellcat (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 60 minutes
VC(F)-63 with F6F-3 Hellcat (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead
VRF-1F with F6F-3 Hellcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Raid is overhead

Ammo storage explosion on CVE St. Lo
Ammo storage explosion on CVE Liscome Bay
Ammo storage explosion on CVE Liscome Bay

Morning Air attack on Noemfoor , at 86,110

Weather in hex: Overcast

Raid detected at 42 NM, estimated altitude 35,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 8 minutes

Allied aircraft
Spitfire VIII x 21

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
21 x Spitfire VIII sweeping at 31000 feet

Raid detected at 45 NM, estimated altitude 46,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
J2M3 Jack x 31
J2M5 Jack x 6
N1K1-J George x 22
N1K2-J George x 155
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 8
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 8
Ki-84a Frank x 8
Ki-84r Frank x 23

Allied aircraft
P-47D2 Thunderbolt x 16
F4U-1A Corsair x 11
F6F-3 Hellcat x 17

Japanese aircraft losses
J2M3 Jack: 1 destroyed
N1K2-J George: 5 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-47D2 Thunderbolt: 1 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
12 x P-47D2 Thunderbolt sweeping at 42000 feet

CAP engaged:
252 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 15 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 33000 and 35300.
253 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
5 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 35300.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 40 minutes
Yokosuka Ku S-2 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 10 on standby, 3 scrambling)
6 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 7000 and 35300.
902 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 8 on standby, 0 scrambling)
284 Ku S-1 /C with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 4 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 19 minutes
253 Ku S-2 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
8 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 15000 and 35300.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 19 minutes
331 Ku S-1 with J2M3 Jack (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
7 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
341 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 22 minutes
Ominato Ku S-1/C with N1K1-J George (1 airborne, 6 on standby, 3 scrambling)
9 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 3 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 23000 and 41010.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 31 minutes
Unyo-1/A with J2M3 Jack (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 2 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 37000 and 38380.
Unyo-1/B with J2M5 Jack (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 33800 and 36910.
Unyo-1/C with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 2 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 35000 and 35300.
286 Ku S-1 /A with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
50th Sentai with Ki-44-IIc Tojo (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 4 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 13000 and 36740.
66th Sentai with Ki-45 KAIa Nick (0 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
4 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 17000 , scrambling fighters between 23000 and 35200.
85th Sentai with Ki-84r Frank (3 airborne, 3 on standby, 2 scrambling)
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 3 being recalled, 2 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 34000 , scrambling fighters between 32190 and 38270.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 43 minutes
Chuyo-1 with J2M3 Jack (0 airborne, 6 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters to 38380.
201 Ku S-1 with N1K2-J George (0 airborne, 2 on standby, 3 scrambling)
9 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 3 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 17000 and 36000.
284 Ku S-1 /A with N1K2-J George (3 airborne, 1 on standby, 2 scrambling)
2 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 29900 and 35300.
284 Ku S-1 /B with N1K2-J George (1 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
6 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 31000 , scrambling fighters between 29330 and 37000.

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Pantar at 68,114

Raid detected at 120 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 20
A6M5 Zero x 99
P1Y1 Frances x 13
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar x 8

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 9
F4U-1A Corsair x 65
F6F-3 Hellcat x 188

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 7 destroyed
P1Y1 Frances: 6 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses

CAP engaged:
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 14 minutes
VF-2 with F4U-1A Corsair (4 airborne, 17 on standby, 6 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 9000 and 16000.
VF-3 with F6F-3 Hellcat (4 airborne, 15 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 14000.
VF-42 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 13 on standby, 5 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 6 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 5000 and 15000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 53 minutes
VF-9 with F6F-3 Hellcat (4 airborne, 16 on standby, 6 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 3000 and 16000.
VF-10 with F6F-3 Hellcat (8 airborne, 22 on standby, 8 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 2000 and 16000.
VF-18 with F4U-1A Corsair (4 airborne, 18 on standby, 7 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 4 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 7000 and 14000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 42 minutes
VF-22 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 5 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 7000 and 13000.
VF-24 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 5 on standby, 9 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 9000 and 15000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 52 minutes
VF-25 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 5 on standby, 17 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 2 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 15000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 52 minutes
VF-30 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 5 on standby, 16 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 3000 and 14000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 59 minutes
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 5 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 8 minutes

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Kendari at 70,107

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid detected at 27 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 11 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 4
B5N2 Kate x 6

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
DD Laffey, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Halford

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Raid detected at 118 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 42
D4Y4 Judy x 24

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 7
F4U-1A Corsair x 64
F6F-3 Hellcat x 179

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 8 destroyed
D4Y4 Judy: 13 destroyed

No Allied losses

CAP engaged:
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 10000 and 17000.
VF-2 with F4U-1A Corsair (8 airborne, 9 on standby, 6 scrambling)
17 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-3 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 7 on standby, 0 scrambling)
6 plane(s) not yet engaged, 6 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 14000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 38 minutes
9 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-42 with F6F-3 Hellcat (4 airborne, 13 on standby, 5 scrambling)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 2 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 9000 and 15000.
14 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-9 with F6F-3 Hellcat (4 airborne, 16 on standby, 6 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 3000 and 12000.
11 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-10 with F6F-3 Hellcat (6 airborne, 11 on standby, 8 scrambling)
6 plane(s) intercepting now.
14 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 30 minutes
14 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-18 with F4U-1A Corsair (4 airborne, 10 on standby, 7 scrambling)
13 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 16000.
15 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-22 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 5 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 12000 and 15000.
VF-24 with F6F-3 Hellcat (2 airborne, 3 on standby, 9 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 9000 and 17000.
13 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-25 with F6F-3 Hellcat (3 airborne, 2 on standby, 17 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 15000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 55 minutes
11 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-30 with F6F-3 Hellcat (1 airborne, 5 on standby, 16 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 3000 and 15000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 60 minutes
8 planes vectored on to bombers
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Larantoeka at 68,111

Raid detected at 76 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 33 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 33

Allied aircraft
SB2C-1C Helldiver x 29
SBD-5 Dauntless x 56
TBM-1C Avenger x 54

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
SB2C-1C Helldiver: 3 destroyed, 5 damaged
SBD-5 Dauntless: 8 destroyed, 7 damaged
TBM-1C Avenger: 16 destroyed, 4 damaged

Japanese Ships
CVE Taiyo
CVE Hosho, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
CVE Shinyo, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
CVE Kaiyo, Bomb hits 1
CVE Chuyo, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Tagonami

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 4000'
8 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
10 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
7 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 3000'
7 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 2000'
12 x TBM-1C Avenger launching torpedoes at 200 feet
9 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 3000'
5 x TBM-1C Avenger launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 4000'
4 x SBD-5 Dauntless releasing from 4000'

CAP engaged:
Shinyo-1 with A6M5 Zero (0 airborne, 22 on standby, 0 scrambling)
11 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 17000 , scrambling fighters between 6000 and 17000.

Fuel storage explosion on CVE Shinyo
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CVE Hosho
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CVE Shinyo

Raid detected at 111 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 33 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 13
P1Y1 Frances x 20

Allied aircraft
FM-1 Wildcat x 5
F4U-1A Corsair x 63
F6F-3 Hellcat x 169

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zero: 5 destroyed
P1Y1 Frances: 11 destroyed

No Allied losses

CAP engaged:
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 2 minutes
VF-2 with F4U-1A Corsair (16 airborne, 0 on standby, 4 scrambling)
16 plane(s) intercepting now.
4 plane(s) not yet engaged, 5 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 16000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 57 minutes
VF-3 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 4 on standby, 1 scrambling)
4 plane(s) not yet engaged, 7 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 3000 and 14000.
5 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-42 with F6F-3 Hellcat (8 airborne, 0 on standby, 1 scrambling)
8 plane(s) not yet engaged, 5 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 9000 and 20000.
VF-9 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 4 on standby, 6 scrambling)
8 plane(s) not yet engaged, 7 being recalled, 4 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 18000.
10 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-10 with F6F-3 Hellcat (3 airborne, 4 on standby, 4 scrambling)
22 plane(s) not yet engaged, 4 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 18000.
15 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-18 with F4U-1A Corsair (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 11 scrambling)
9 plane(s) not yet engaged, 14 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 3000 and 15000.
10 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-22 with F6F-3 Hellcat (1 airborne, 3 on standby, 0 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters to 12000.
VF-24 with F6F-3 Hellcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
7 plane(s) not yet engaged, 5 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 9000 and 15000.
5 planes vectored on to bombers
VF-25 with F6F-3 Hellcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 9 scrambling)
7 plane(s) not yet engaged, 6 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 4000 and 16000.
VF-30 with F6F-3 Hellcat (0 airborne, 5 on standby, 8 scrambling)
1 plane(s) not yet engaged, 8 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 12000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 17000.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 1 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 31 minutes
VOC(F)-1 with FM-1 Wildcat (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Kendari at 70,107

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid detected at 74 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zero x 4
B6N2 Jill x 16
D4Y4 Judy x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
B6N2 Jill: 1 damaged
D4Y4 Judy: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Halford

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x D4Y4 Judy releasing from 1000'
12 x B6N2 Jill launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Raid detected at 39 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 16 minutes

Allied aircraft
SB2C-1C Helldiver x 30
TBF-1 Avenger x 18

Allied aircraft losses
SB2C-1C Helldiver: 1 destroyed by flak
TBF-1 Avenger: 1 damaged
TBF-1 Avenger: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
CL Katori, Bomb hits 4, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Hatsushima
AO Toho Maru, Bomb hits 4, heavy fires
AO Kokuyo Maru, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires
DD Yugure
E Omae, Bomb hits 2, on fire
E W-33
AO Ryuei Maru, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires
AO Ken'yo Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 2000'
17 x TBF-1 Avenger launching torpedoes at 200 feet
11 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 3000'
1 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 4000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring a Japanese CL
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring AO Ryuei Maru

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Koepang at 68,118

Weather in hex: Light rain

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 17
SB2C-1C Helldiver x 29

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
CA Kinugasa, Bomb hits 14, heavy fires, heavy damage
CA Maya, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 3000'
7 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 2000'
12 x SB2C-1C Helldiver releasing from 4000'

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CA Kinugasa
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CA Maya

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Roti at 67,116

Raid detected at 77 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 5
TBF-1 Avenger x 18

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
CL Kuma
DD Shigure, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Alor at 70,113

Weather in hex: Clear sky

Raid detected at 22 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 10 minutes

Allied aircraft
F6F-3 Hellcat x 8
TBF-1 Avenger x 9

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
DD Asashimo, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Akishimo, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x TBF-1 Avenger launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Raid detected at 44 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
TBF-1 Avenger x 18

Allied aircraft losses
TBF-1 Avenger: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
AO Ken'yo Maru, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires
AO Bokuei Maru, Torpedo hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
CL Katori, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:

Naval bombardment of Koepang at 68,116

Too late:
Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49-IIa Helen: 36 damaged
Ki-49-IIa Helen: 4 destroyed on ground
Ki-45 KAIa Nick: 14 damaged
Ki-45 KAIa Nick: 4 destroyed on ground
B6N2 Jill: 17 damaged
B6N2 Jill: 6 destroyed on ground
Ki-84a Frank: 4 damaged
Ki-84a Frank: 2 destroyed on ground
J2M3 Jack: 11 damaged
J2M3 Jack: 5 destroyed on ground
N1K2-J George: 73 damaged
N1K2-J George: 17 destroyed on ground
A6M5 Zero: 14 damaged
A6M5 Zero: 4 destroyed on ground
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 4 damaged
Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 2 destroyed on ground
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar: 10 damaged
Ki-43-IIIa Oscar: 3 destroyed on ground
Ki-46-III Dinah: 4 damaged
Ki-46-III Dinah: 2 destroyed on ground
D4Y3 Judy: 2 damaged
D4Y3 Judy: 2 destroyed on ground
Ki-84r Frank: 11 damaged
Ki-84r Frank: 2 destroyed on ground
N1K1-J George: 5 damaged
N1K1-J George: 1 destroyed on ground
J2M5 Jack: 1 destroyed on ground

Allied Ships
BB New Jersey
BB Iowa

Japanese ground losses:
377 casualties reported
Squads: 4 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 14 destroyed, 24 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 2 disabled
Guns lost 11 (2 destroyed, 9 disabled)
Vehicles lost 7 (4 destroyed, 3 disabled)

Airbase hits 23
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 91

BB New Jersey firing at Koepang
BB Iowa firing at Koepang

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 712
RE: Koepang - 9/21/2013 2:12:05 PM   
JohnDillworth

Looks like a victory to me. You are grinding his surface forces to a nub. He really can't have too much left. He has the KB it seems, not much more. Rest, reload, re-engage

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 713
RE: Koepang - 9/21/2013 2:25:10 PM   
KenchiSulla

+1 to John..

His aircraft at Koepang took a lot of damage. If you can follow up with heavies he won't be able to get the high service rating aircraft out.

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 714
RE: Koepang - 9/21/2013 3:57:03 PM   
Chickenboy

A draw to a marginal Allied tactical victory. But from a game perspective a surface forces draw for the Allies in 1944 is in their favor.

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 715
RE: Koepang - 9/21/2013 5:08:30 PM   
DOCUP

I hate the sync bug.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 716
RE: Koepang - 9/21/2013 7:47:49 PM   
JocMeister

That sucks!

God I hate the syncbug.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 717
RE: Koepang - 9/22/2013 12:42:14 AM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

A draw to a marginal Allied tactical victory. But from a game perspective a surface forces draw for the Allies in 1944 is in their favor.

Not to be nit picking definitions but in a thought of discussing assessing "victory" after an engagement I think in terms of tactical / operational / and strategic parameters. Otherwise, it is easy to rationalize has achieved a decisive victory when in fact it is a pyrrhic victory. Here is an example .. I had a chess game where I gave up my queen to my opponents queen to get this piece away from a key position. My opponent gleefully expressed his victory at my "oversight" and decisive change in the game .. 4 moves later ... I had checkmate ...

I try and stay away from accounting for VP's and airframes with the exception of certain naval platforms the IJ have that when sunk are irreplaceable and well worth exchanging ships ...

Given what Qball is trying to achieve and the fact that this engagement will enable Qball to better achieve his operational ends .. That is force is projected into Koepang and this is an operational victory of sorts. I would not assess a strategic victory or decisive victory because it has not changed the long term dynamics. Victory in this game will still require a hard slog, The KB is intact, and operations are still threatened moving forward deeper into the DEI. Should QBall crush the KB .. that would be decisive and lend a strategic advantage of being able to freely move forward outside of LBA range ...

Such is my opinion ..

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 718
RE: Koepang - 9/22/2013 2:37:28 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Not to be nit picking definitions but in a thought of discussing assessing "victory" after an engagement I think in terms of tactical / operational / and strategic parameters. Otherwise, it is easy to rationalize has achieved a decisive victory when in fact it is a pyrrhic victory. Here is an example .. I had a chess game where I gave up my queen to my opponents queen to get this piece away from a key position. My opponent gleefully expressed his victory at my "oversight" and decisive change in the game .. 4 moves later ... I had checkmate ...

I try and stay away from accounting for VP's and airframes with the exception of certain naval platforms the IJ have that when sunk are irreplaceable and well worth exchanging ships ...

Given what Qball is trying to achieve and the fact that this engagement will enable Qball to better achieve his operational ends .. That is force is projected into Koepang and this is an operational victory of sorts. I would not assess a strategic victory or decisive victory because it has not changed the long term dynamics. Victory in this game will still require a hard slog, The KB is intact, and operations are still threatened moving forward deeper into the DEI. Should QBall crush the KB .. that would be decisive and lend a strategic advantage of being able to freely move forward outside of LBA range ...

Such is my opinion ..

Aye. I know that the Brits have a long and storied history 'losing battles but winning the war'. Your chess analogy is apt, however.

Sorry if my POV wasn't clear in my posting above. To reiterate, I indicated that the tactical (day-to-day) combat displayed in this turn is either a draw or slightly in the Allies favor. However, for the game overall, attritional warfare (you can call it the "long view", "strategic goal" or a myriad other synonyms) and one-to-one naval exchanges tends to favor the Allies in the long run in tactical victories such as this.

I differ from your perception of "Operational strategy" however, as I don't believe that the capture of Koepang as a singular entity was / is / should be the operational goal here.

I think it's every bit as important to get the Japanese to commit their surface forces in a location that is within Allied LBA aircover within decent range of friendly ports, supply and reinforcement. This can then allow the Allies to focus their weight on a singular defended point and break the brittle and "dated" IJ surface forces. Q-ball is accomplishing this here and it furthers his strategic goals.

In terms of outcome of this fight, it's a tactical push / draw, a step towards strategic victory and an operational "I don't know / remains to be seen".

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 719
RE: Koepang - 9/24/2013 5:06:27 AM   
Q-Ball

Thanks for the comments guys....very busy, so taking a LOONG time to play these turns

My problem with this whole thing is that I really hoped to spring on Greyjoy this invasion, but his airsearch is very alert; inevitably, he is able to get LBA and KB into position in time that I have to make it a slugfest.

I still may not invade; I've killed some ships, but also shot down a ton of planes.

More importantly, while all this is going on I've isolated Ambon/Boela by taking a piles of bases around there via para drop, and I'm already reinforcing with Engineers via barge. This while the IJN was engaged elsewhere. That's probably the real win.

More later; the following turn on the 11th I pulled back; no reason to get in a CV on CV fight when my guys are a little tired, and his are fresh. We're not ready for that yet.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 720
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 23 [24] 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Lesson Learned Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 [24] 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI