Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Play by Play of an EiA PBEM game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Play by Play of an EiA PBEM game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Play by Play of an EiA PBEM game - 1/9/2003 5:25:08 AM   
martinmb

Hey ya'll. Maybe this will help you guys get over the dry spell of waiting for the Matrixgames version of EiA. This is a play by play of the EiA game that I am the Games Admin. (GA) for. We are on March 1805 so it should be easy enough for everyone to catch up on what has happened so far.
We have seven players and are doing about one turn per week. Most optional rules are in play however we are not using Economic Manipulation. Here is a quick recap of the events so far.
Jan 1805.
Austria and Prussia declare combined movement and an alliance. France and GB are at war. Spain Dows Portugal, Prussia Dows Mecklenburg, France grabs Berg, Baden, and goes for The Duchies. No combats in this turn.
Set-ups
GB blockades all French fleets + Dutch fleet. Corps in London, Malta, and Gibraltar.
Prussia has 80% of her army in Berlin with the 5th corp in Konigsburg and the 6th corp in Wittenberg. Saxon corp in Dresden. Garrison in all provincial capitals.
Spain has 2 fleets in Cadiz with the 1st and 3rd corps. 3rd fleet in Barcelona. 2nd and 4th corps in Badajoz.
Austria has Charles with 75% of the army in Theresienstadt. The 2nd cav is in Vienna. The 4th and Light inf and 2nd Gren. Corps is in Trieste with Mack. Garrisons in all provincial capitals.
Russia 3 corp in St. Pete with 3 fleets. 2 INF corp and 1 cav corp in Grodno with Alexander. Two INF corp between Viborg and Sveaborg.
Turkey 1st Janissary corp and 2 feudal INF + 1 feudal cav corp in Jerusalem lead by Pechi. Niz ced corp lead by Kushia and 1st fleet in Salonika. Imperial cav just west of Androple.
France Ney with one corp in Bayonne Fleets in Toulon, Brest, St. Malo, Le Havre, and Amsterdam, each with a corp St. Malo is lead by Masse. Guard is in Lille. Davout + 1st corp in Hanover. 2nd corp and 1st cav corp lead by Murat on or near Mainz. Nappy + 3rd and 6th corp just east of Zurich. Finally the 7th corp in Piacenza.
January 1805 Movements
GB, Austria, Russia had no movement.
Prussia moves 5th corp to Posen (1 inf factor lost due to forage)
Turkey invades Tunisia and Egypt. Turkey wins the fight and the country in Egypt. In Tunisia they throw flowers at the new hero’s. Spain invades Portugal and wins without firing a shot. France invades Berg, Duchies with incident; Baden puts up a fight but is crushed. Prussia moves the 3rd corp into Lubeck leaves a garrison of 1 inf and returns to Berlin.

More to come....but not today.

M
:cool:
Post #: 1
Hey! - 1/9/2003 6:32:59 AM   
mogami

Hi, This leaves me to believe we could play a game like this while waiting.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 2
- 1/9/2003 7:13:48 AM   
sol_invictus

Hey martinmb, this is great. Keep it coming.

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 3
- 1/9/2003 8:25:04 PM   
Reknoy

I for one would be up for a PBeM game -- but only if we could gather some serious diehards. Otherwise it's just a lark and not so much fun to invest a lot of time in.

Is there a group of seven that could form for this? Heck, depending on how the PC game sets up, we might be able to port our existing game to the PC once it's running!

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 4
PBEM - 1/10/2003 11:53:55 PM   
Wynter

Hi all,

As an EiA fan, I've been browsing this forum with great anticipation and I'm really looking forward to the completion of this project.

In the mean time, to cover the gap to the actual release of the game, I volunteer on GMing an EiA PBEM game. So, anyone who is interested, please step forward.

Jeroen.

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 5
- 1/11/2003 1:21:08 AM   
Reknoy

Right here! :)

Will play any country, any scenario. Played numerous PBeM games and was not the dropout at any point.

[email]reknoy@hotmail.com[/email]

Cheers!

Reknoy

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 6
- 1/11/2003 2:01:54 AM   
Le Tondu

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Arinvald
[B]Hey martinmb, this is great. Keep it coming. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, yes! Please do.

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 7
PBEM - 1/11/2003 4:14:36 AM   
mogami

Hi, Since I don't think this will be too time consuming. (compared to UV) I'll throw my hat into the ring. We need to arrange a chat session with all the players to arrange what country and other rules. I'll leave that to the GM. I'm in favour of assigning countries by random rather then picking them before we begin.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 8
- 1/11/2003 4:34:53 AM   
Sir Neil

I don't want to spam but you could do it at my forum, I have a board just for 'play by email wargames'

[URL=http://horseandmusket2.myikonboard.com]http://horseandmusket2.myikonboard.com/[/URL]

Eveyone is welcome including Matrix staff.

Will there be a map editor?

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 9
More details - 1/11/2003 5:21:15 AM   
Wynter

The game will be the Grand Campaign (offcourse :) )
I use cyberboard as map editor.

Anyone who is interested can contact me on:
[email]orc.warlord@skynet.be[/email]

Jeroen.

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 10
- 1/13/2003 7:39:24 PM   
von Curow

Hi, y'all!
I'm playing Prussia in the game in question. I just wanted to let you know that when Martin updates his play-by-play, you will all be in for quite a surprise! :eek:
We are heading into the March econ phase as we speak and things are very interesting indeed.

A diplomatic matter, Martin forgot: Turkey and Russia have an alliance.

Just to add to things a bit...
Control:
France has conquered Baden, Duchies, Berg, Tuscany
France has Free State Control over Denmark (GB dow).

Austria has conquered Romagna

Prussia has conquered Mecklenburg, has Free State Control over Hesse (France dow).

Spain has conquered Portugal, Morroco.

Turkey has conquered Tunisia, Egypt.

Russia has waited patiently for winter to end.

GB is about to conquer Norway.

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 11
- 1/13/2003 11:21:18 PM   
Hoplosternum

This thread is getting quite confusing as there seems to be two conversations occuring together :)

As for the PBEM game I would like to play and I shall email Wynter. I don't mind how the countries are picked, random is fine with me to.

And please keep on reporting about your gamer to Martinmb and von Curow.

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 12
Feb. 1805 - 1/15/2003 8:30:26 AM   
martinmb

Now for the month of February 1805,

Dow’s
1. France vs. Tuscany and Hesse
2. Spain vs. Morocco
3. Austria vs. Romagna

France using the Danish fleet is intercepted by a GB invasion fleet just south of Norway after a horrific sea battle the Dane’s force the English to retreat one sea zone. (GB –3 ships, Dane’s – 3 ships). The Dane’s not satisfied with a draw proceed to the port of Amsterdam and assist the Dutch fleet in breaking the English blockade of that port. The Dutch now free sail north around the northern coast of Scotland only to return to the port of St. Malo and assist the French 1st fleet, carrying Masse and the 5th French corp, out of the harbour. The French 1st fleet escapes the British blockade and during the French land phase land in the city of Portsmouth, England. Nelson is blockading Le Harve and is unable to attempt an interception. The British fleet moved first in order to get his invasion fleet underway. The British invasion fleet of Denmark, consisting of the British 1st corp, is forced to land in Norway.
Total naval losses were GB 17 ships while France and her allies lost only 13 ships.
Turkey engages the Egyptian corp and wins but the Turkish leader Peshi has his horse shot out from under him. (He rolled an 11 for his leader fate check.) Losses in this battle were light on both sides until the Egyptians broke morale. The Turks double the Egyptian losses in the following pursuit, 4,000 killed in the pursuit.
Napoleon overjoyed by the news that Masse has successfully landed in England fails to breech the walls of Kassel.
The Spanish wanting to get some “modern” day revenge against the infidels invade Morocco. The Moroccan’s faced with overwhelming numbers of Spanish troops attempt to “withdraw” while the Spaniards lead by Casta see this as the moment to strike with their “assault”. The battle is terribly one sided for the Spanish. After only two hours of combat the Spanish have destroyed all of the Moroccan infantry and is seen scattering the last of the Moroccan cavalry into the desert. The Spanish only lose 1,000 men (1 sp) during this entire campaign.

Yes, there does seem to be a second conversation going on in this thread and that is fine with me. I did however start this thread to keep everyone amused while we wait for the Matrix version of EiA to appear. If you wish to ask questions or make comments as to how things have gone so far, in this game, please do. I am going to purposely keep this thread on month behind of the current events of the game. That way you can guess as to what happens next and we all can see who was right and who was wrong, or who did what to whom.
Stay tuned there is more to come……

Martinmb
:cool:

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 13
- 1/15/2003 11:14:25 AM   
sol_invictus

Keep it coming.:)

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 14
- 1/15/2003 7:48:02 PM   
Wynter

Sorry for stealing your thread, Martinmb, I've started a new one so that I no longer disturb you...

Jeroen.

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 15
- 1/16/2003 5:55:27 AM   
von Curow

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wynter
[B]Sorry for stealing your thread, Martinmb, I've started a new one so that I no longer disturb you...

Jeroen. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think you were disturbing us!

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 16
- 1/16/2003 8:16:28 AM   
martinmb

I know that you were not disturbing us. Having something like this going on at the same time allows me to access players should someone drop out of this game. I must admit however that does not look likely at the moment.

We are just finishing up the econ phase for March 1805. So the update will be forth coming shortly.

Martinmb :D :cool:

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 17
- 2/19/2003 2:58:06 AM   
von Curow

Hi, just to let everyone know what's going on. We had some technical difficulties which have now been corrected. Martin is going to be sending me some updates to the game which I will post here for him. The game, as well, will be progressing and we can hopefully tell you how it all worked out!

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 18
I'mmmmm Baaaack - 3/7/2003 6:52:04 AM   
martinmb

Ok everyone I seem to have things working again, don't ask why.

I will be posting the March turn within the day so stay tuned there are some real twists and turns that I bet no one saw comming. Ok, I didn't see them comming. Just give me the time to type it up and I will post it shortly.

Martin :cool:

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 19
Local newspaper headlines and stories - 3/7/2003 9:35:46 AM   
martinmb

March 1805 Europe holds its breath as England and France fight it out

Political News
GB and Turkey declare an Alliance

Events

At sea

The British forces successfully landed in Norway today thus denying the French of Norway’s natural resources. The Norwegians response to this invasion is simply we only wanted to remove ourselves from under Denmark’s rule, any nation willing to assist us in this goal is welcomed to have a partnership with us in our resources.

GB today also launched a major offensive against French shipping. The number of French ships lost is however in debate as the English say that English losses were less than that of the French. In this reporters opinion it is the French that is losing the war at sea with GB. However, the French are definitely causing great difficulties for the English. Nelson is vowing that the Royal navy will redeem itself in the near future and that the tactics of the French are being countered at this very moment.

With this being said at that very moment French troops were landing in Dublin, Ireland. The French landings were totally unopposed.

On land

Elsewhere Austria today put an end to the food riots taking place in Bologna, Italy. Austrian General Mack was heard to say that with the presence of his troops in the capitol that law and order would be restored within the week. Austrian supply wagons loaded with foodstuffs could be seen for miles as they entered the city. Mack then in a surprise move returned to Austria leaving only a small garrison force behind. There appears to be much speculation as to why Mack suddenly left the city.

Spain earlier this week reopened the borders of Morocco. Stating that the local rebels in the area had been convincingly defeated in the dessert area near the city of Tangier. Local hospitals report that only minor casualties of Spanish troops are in the beds and that regular service to the public will not be greatly affected by the increase of wounded Spanish soldiers. There are unconfirmed reports that the rebels suffered over 8,000 dead, of their 10,000 strong army.

Masse and one corp after successfully landing in Portsmouth last month has finally made his move and after a quick visit to the city of Cardiff, Wales. Masse turned his attentions towards London. The English troops stationed here are not really worried as they have the entire cavalry corp present in the city along with about 6,000 infantry. General Masse is reporting that he has a secret plan as to how he will gain entry into the city and defeat the English in their beds.
It is now the day of the battle and Masse has placed his forces around the city his plan as to how to gain entry into the city appears to be nothing more than a bag of hot air. However the day is still young and the English troops in the city are confident as to the out come of this battle.
It is now 4 pm GMT and I can hear the French guns firing at the city walls to the east. Most of our troops have gone here to counter the expected push by the French. OHHH what terrible news I’ve just heard that the French have hit the gunpowder supply shed on the north side of the city. The fire and explosions that are coming forth from now the east and the north are deafening. There appears to be some confusion on the garrison commander’s face as there are also reports of 5,000 French troops that have entered the city from the unprotected west of the city. Still it appears that the morale of the soldier is confident, but shaken.
I am now located in the park near Buckingham Palace. The French troops are definitely in the city. There are reports that General Masse has been seen near this area of the city getting his troops ready for what appears to be a push against the main barracks of the city. The Palace guards have been placing sand bags around the gate just to make things defendable just incase. The big push is expected to fall on the barracks so the Palace is only lightly defended. Unexpected news the Palace guards are really the French protecting the Royal family this has the English mounting a savage but hasty attack against their own Royal Family.
There appears to be a white flag showing over the English lines. Masse is coming out to talk with the Mayor and Commander of the city garrison.
It has been several hours now since the Mayor and Army Commander entered the tent with General Masse but we have received an Official joint news release from both the French and English forces in the city. It reads as follows,

The city of London agrees to stop all fighting and surrender the city and all the English troops to French General Masse. In return General Masse has agreed to return the Royal Family unharmed to the English people, and is granting the Royal Family safe passage out of the city. The city of London has fallen to the French.

Enjoy your newspaper :eek:

Martinmb :cool: :p

(in reply to martinmb)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Play by Play of an EiA PBEM game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI