Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 5/25/2013 10:16:05 PM   
peddroelm

New to the franchise - started with shadows ...

Played a few random games (starting as empire in the age of shadows) most controls on manual (except explorers past start game)...

Kept my ship/bases designs on "Only retrofit when manually ordered" ; Upgrade Manual ; Retrofit Manual where possible ..

After each redesign I would manually obsolete the old one..

In the game I got the farthest tech wise had the fallowing issue ...

With fleet selected -> ctrl + right click -> "retrofit to latest design at nearest spaceport" ..
OR from the fleet screen "retrofit to latest design"

Result would be fleet travels to nearest spaceport (order shown is retrofiting at spaceport X) - spends some time hugging the spaceport -> but none of the ships actually get retrofitted ...

Very frustrating ...

Possible workarounds I've found ->

order each and every ship, ship by ship (TAKES FOREVER) them to retrofit to model X (this way it will work but takes for ever) ..

Slightly better option : from ships&bases / filter military ships / sort by fleet / multiple ship selection (still have to scroll and control click all ships in the fleet) / use retrofit to model X ...

---------
Is this due to a bug ? Am I missing something obvious (very likely since nobody else complained about this in the tech support section yet )?

Post #: 1
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 5/25/2013 10:22:51 PM   
Bingeling

If I did not read it all, I would think it is because you had no buildable (or newer) design. But it seems you got that.

What caught me in my AAR was that I could not afford the retrofit for all. That could explain why single retrofit works, while group retrofits fail (at least for some of them).

If nothing of this is applicable, it is weird, and I would look at the non-obsolete design list for weridness, but it should always retrofit to the latest design of the relevant ship class.

(in reply to peddroelm)
Post #: 2
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 5/26/2013 1:14:51 AM   
Erik Rutins

Most likely you did not have enough money to retrofit them as a fleet, but had enough to retrofit individual ships. You can check this by ordering a fleet retrofit through the Ships screen and seeing how much it costs.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 5/26/2013 4:17:51 AM   
peddroelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Most likely you did not have enough money to retrofit them as a fleet, but had enough to retrofit individual ships. You can check this by ordering a fleet retrofit through the Ships screen and seeing how much it costs.

Money was definitely not the issue .. was floating "huge" (> 600k) amounts of cash ... The retrofit was mainly gerrax hyperdrive(spelling ?) over warp bubble hyperdrive for two 10 ship sized fleets ...

Also if money were a problem why did it work when I selected all 10 ships from "ships and bases" and ordered them to upgrade to the particular new model (was ~mk5 only non obsolete design for destroyers at the time) ? No resource shortage either ... Was a custom LSP with 20 construction yards and ~30 docking bays ... There were some civilian ships being built at the time but some construction yards were free..

Also I did watch the game log - no "NOT ENOUGH CASH/RESOURCE X/SHIPYARD" error message at any time .. Fleets would hug the shipyard for a while with a redesign order showing up and after a while the order would switch to patrol system . None of them upgraded ...

-------
Only difference I can think of is Fleet retrofit order was "Retrofit to latest design" and selecting from "Ships & Bases" allowed to select my desired particular new design (only option as it was the only non-obsolete for that ship type/class (destroyers) ..

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 5/26/2013 6:28:22 AM   
elliotg

Hi peddroelm

For us to really identify and fix what's happening here, we'll need a savegame.

Are you please able to upload the savegame showing this problem?

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to peddroelm)
Post #: 5
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 5/26/2013 6:55:30 AM   
vengen

I'm having the same problem as peddroelm. With the game paused; I double left click a ship to select the fleet, then right click it to bring up the menu, then select retrofit to latest design. The ships travel to the space port and sail right over it ignoring the refit order. If I then pause the game, left click each ship to select it, right click to bring up the menu, then select refit to the specific design name; then both ships proceed to the space port and refit when I unpause. I've been able to repeat this twice with a save game file. This issue has been frustrating me for quite some time now (it predates Shadows), so if peddroelm does not have a save game file, I will be more than happy to send you mine.

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 6
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 5/26/2013 7:35:58 AM   
peddroelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

Hi peddroelm

For us to really identify and fix what's happening here, we'll need a savegame.

Are you please able to upload the savegame showing this problem?

Thanks
Elliot

Did load up a later save from that abandoned game ... All my destroyers were already Mk5 ..So I've obsoleted Mk5 model and designed Mk6 ... Ordered fleet retrofit (ctrl right click in space) at nearest spaceport ... and it worked (fleet went to spaceport and all ships got retrofitted to Mk6 in a timely fashion)... So no savegame to show yet ... I'll keep an eye out to see if it happens again in future games (hope not) ...

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 7
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 5/27/2013 12:40:02 AM   
vengen

I just posted three zipped files on the Matrix server about this refit bug: "vengen - DW Refit Bugs Description" is a word document describing how to recreate the bugs (I found a second issue where only some of the ships in a fleet refit). "vengen - No Refit By Fleet Save Game" file is the save game where a two ship fleet won't refit unless the ships are selected separately. "vengen - Partial Refit By Fleet Save Game" file is a save game where only two of the four ships in a fleet refit after the fleet is given a refit command. The two ships will refit if given refit commands individually.

I hope this helps you guys solve this issue.

(in reply to peddroelm)
Post #: 8
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 6/4/2013 1:40:28 AM   
unclean

Bump, this is still around. With enough money to upgrade and a valid design to upgrade to the fleet retrofit option is still inconsistent.

From what I can tell some fleet ships get a refuel order instead of retrofit for some reason, even though the upgrade button lights up for the ship itself and you can send them in manually.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to vengen)
Post #: 9
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 6/4/2013 8:38:30 AM   
Bingeling

If it happens, upload a savegame like was said earlier in the thread. My bet is on "not enough money".

(in reply to unclean)
Post #: 10
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 6/4/2013 4:44:37 PM   
vengen

It's not a lack of money - the ships retrofit if given the command individually, but not if given the command as a fleet.

I uploaded two save games a week ago, but I have not seen any response from the developers, so I don't know if they have even had a chance to look at them yet.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 11
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 6/4/2013 7:42:51 PM   
Bingeling

quote:

ORIGINAL: vengen

I just posted three zipped files on the Matrix server about this refit bug: "vengen - DW Refit Bugs Description" is a word document describing how to recreate the bugs (I found a second issue where only some of the ships in a fleet refit). "vengen - No Refit By Fleet Save Game" file is the save game where a two ship fleet won't refit unless the ships are selected separately. "vengen - Partial Refit By Fleet Save Game" file is a save game where only two of the four ships in a fleet refit after the fleet is given a refit command. The two ships will refit if given refit commands individually.

I hope this helps you guys solve this issue.

A helpful bump.

I was bored and had a look. The partial retrofit save for sure is weird on the 2nd fleet's retrofit. All ships are the same design, there is way more cash than needed (125k pre warp), and only ship 3 and 4 retrofit on fleet order. Ship 1 and 2 require a special command.

(in reply to vengen)
Post #: 12
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 6/5/2013 4:22:06 PM   
captsavmhoe

I have Had the same problem over and over again and I can also say money is not a problem Fleets will not retrofit when ordered but will when ordered one by one.i also posted other problems at this forums of priv ships not upgrading at all.i have another fourm post on that wont let me link it .

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 13
RE: Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem - 7/3/2013 3:52:57 AM   
cinOxen

My problem is slightly different. A manual fleet will keep auto-retrofitting. I even tried setting all designs to manual retrofit only, but the fleets keep doing this. Frustrating when they are barely obsolete protecting an important area a long way from home.

(in reply to captsavmhoe)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Manual Fleet Retrofit Issue/Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI