Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OOB editor problem...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OOB editor problem... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OOB editor problem... - 2/20/2001 9:19:00 AM   
AT_Priest

I have tried doing a bit of modification with both OOB editors, but, am running into a problem with actually getting the changes into the game. They never show in the unit selection screens, or the encyclopedias. My units are basically US Arm Inf Squads and M8 greyhounds with tweaks to make them specialty APCs (OK, I admit it, I'm experimenting with some variations on early armored cavalry). I've added basically 9 units to the Netherlands OOB between the tractor and the M8, added a formation called lt arm cav com, and reloaded the OOBs to verify that the changes took. Now, I know I'm missing something simple that's probably in the manual (which I've already tried probing through) like erasing a file or running a different one to re-index everything. And, yes, I've verified the availability years on the various screens. AT_Priest ___________________________ Yesterday, we experienced the passing of one of the greatest drivers in Nascar History, may he rest in peace, forever in that victory lane in the sky, and may his family be well cared for. In Memory of Dale Earnhardt Sr. 1951-2001 ------------------ "Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war"

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war"
Post #: 1
- 2/20/2001 11:52:00 AM   
RobertMc

Check and see if the availability for these units begins in "1930". If so, change them to "1931" and see if they show up. I was having trouble getting units to show up in the lists if they were dated "1930". Hope this helps.

(in reply to AT_Priest)
Post #: 2
- 2/20/2001 12:47:00 PM   
StuNZ

Another thing to check is if the nationality matches the oob? If it doesn't it won't matter what else you do to the formations they'll never show up. I only mention it cause I've forgotten the number of times I've tinkered and had to go back for want of checking that one field .

(in reply to AT_Priest)
Post #: 3
- 2/20/2001 12:56:00 PM   
kao16

Possible problems: Radio is set to 93 (or at least the last number is 3) change to 90,91,92 (I use 92). The 3 is a special code. The unit class selected is not available as a formation (Heavy infantry when heavy infantry doesn't appear in any formation) The years unit is available are outside the date selected to create the battle etc. As StuNZ suggests, check the nationality (US in Netherlands will never show up)

(in reply to AT_Priest)
Post #: 4
- 2/21/2001 12:10:00 PM   
Stuart Millis

I am interested in seeing your work. Please send me your OOB files with a text explantion of your changes. Maybe I can insert them into the upcoming patch.

(in reply to AT_Priest)
Post #: 5
- 2/21/2001 8:05:00 PM   
AT_Priest

Well, I finally got it to work, but, I'm not sure what was wrong... I was using the Netherlands OOB, since it has so much empty space for units and formations. I first put the formations way down in the formation section, but they wouldn't show up at all. I tried again, but this time, I put them between the end of the first batch of armour and infantry formations and before the first artillery formations (there was a two entry gap there). Bam, it shows up. Don't know what's up with that, since I've gone back three times to look at the formations and there is nothing that I can tell is any different between them. Anyway, after futzing around with it a bit, it works like I want it to. What I find is cool is that, the OOB is netherlands, the formation in marked netherlands, but the units are marked US, and it works. Though in the subformation selection screen, the choices are really strange... Kind of hard to describe really, just, subtype headings that are all bunched together and have no sub-choices. Anyway, it works, so I'm gratified now. Now, to clean it up a bit. For those of you wondering exactly what I did, I wanted to see what something like the LAV would be like in WW2. I took a greyhound and gave it about 25% more armour all around, increased the slope a bit, added another 10 points to the front, changed the 37 to the 57mm, and did a few other tweaks. I envision this as a slightly enlarged greyhound frame that designed as a multi-role vehicle. I built two other variants, one's an APC with a 50cal, two 30 cals and a medium mortar, and the last is an AA version with a quad 50cal mount and a 30 cal BMG. I pulled the Arm Inf Squads from the US directly and dropped them in (after having to move the M9 Bazooka and the BArx2 entry into the weapon OOB) and am using them as integrated infantry units. This is all in preparation for my final large scale project, to create an OOB specifically for the invading aliens from Harry Turtledove's novel series "Worlds at war". I decided to start small so I could learn about what I need to do to make things work right. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war"

(in reply to AT_Priest)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OOB editor problem... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI