Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Setting Force Experience

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Setting Force Experience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setting Force Experience - 1/10/2003 3:16:17 AM   
rbrunsman

This may be a basic question, but where do I look to see/modify the experience ratings while setting up a battle? I want to modify this rating so I can avoid the 65/70 experience point differential problem in H2H pricing.

As far as I can tell, the base experience rating is random and unchangeable when setting up PBEMs.:confused:

Thanks
Post #: 1
RB - 1/10/2003 5:48:38 AM   
Gary Tatro

Just adjust your preference True Troop off and then change the % preferences on the right hand side to 70% or whatever you want the % to be at.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 2
- 1/10/2003 6:06:58 AM   
Supervisor

Or if you load the scenario into the editor, select deploy then select the unit in question, hit the "D" (unit data key) you can modify all aspects of the unit currently chosen. This is one way to avoid purchase problems becuase you purchase the units at a cheaper cost then increase their attributes.

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 3
- 1/10/2003 7:08:15 AM   
Goblin

You can still leave true troop on while adjusting the preferences. If both sides are the same, it won't make a difference though.

Goblin

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 4
Use the editor... - 1/10/2003 7:11:28 AM   
Orzel Bialy

if it's been agreed upon...but leave TRUE/RARITY ON! :D :p

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 5
- 1/10/2003 7:21:44 AM   
Goblin

Rarity ON? Bite me. I am sick of buying a platoon of MMG's and then none of my infantry units get any. Or, I get the MG's and only one platoon of infantry in an entire company. I will just play with guys who don't overdo things.;)

Goblin- A Goblin is feeling ill again...wtf?

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 6
Well... - 1/10/2003 7:36:03 AM   
Orzel Bialy

as long as it's agreed upon by all...that's fine...I just like Rarity ON because it doesn't allow the overloading of a certain weapon.

Again...it's about preferences. But as long as things are discussed before hand...and you know your opponent won't willingly stack the deck...then you can modify things accordingly.

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 7
- 1/10/2003 8:11:49 AM   
Supervisor

It sounds like you guys need a time out. Sir Goblin your fine feathered friend has posted the 4-way for you, awating your purchases.

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 8
- 1/10/2003 9:21:24 AM   
Goblin

gmenfan!!:D :) :D :) :D

Timeout?! Not us, this means we like eachother, lol. if we starte being polite, we're figting, lol.

Goblin-

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 9
- 1/10/2003 10:09:07 AM   
Supervisor

A gold star or a cookie, your preference for being polite and honest.

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 10
- 1/10/2003 10:15:24 AM   
Goblin

cookie!!

GGoblin:D

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 11
- 1/11/2003 12:36:16 AM   
rbrunsman

Gob, go back to the H2H string I started and you left. Orzel & Jess stood up for you and Panzer Leo has made some interesting comments about changes he will make. Example: shorter bazooka ranges. :)

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 12
- 1/11/2003 12:39:46 AM   
rbrunsman

Changing unit experience levels sounds like a PITA since I'm not a user of the editor.

I like true troop/rarity ON also. It forces you adopt different tactics for each battle. Except I always find that when I play the US, I get none or one .50 cal MG.:mad:

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 13
- 1/11/2003 12:56:51 AM   
Goblin

Sorry, rbrunsman. When I say something, I mean it. Not going back. The headache just isn't worth it, lol. It sounds like you have some good allies there though.

Goblin

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 14
- 1/11/2003 4:39:42 AM   
rbrunsman

OK, but you should know that Panzer Leo is going to make bazookas within squads shoot only to range 4 with almost no chance of hitting at 4 (big penalty applied). Bazooka AT units will have a range of 7 but won't be as good at shooting as the squads are. Sounded like a good compromise to me.

And, German infantry will be reduced in cost to 26 to 28 pts for the most part IIRC. Armor prices stay the same.

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 15
- 1/11/2003 6:48:08 AM   
Goblin

Thanks for the update. Not to get involved in it again, but having the same weapon have two different ranges? One will probably say that the Bazooka Team is better trained than the Bazookamen in the squad. That should be reflected by the experience influence on the hit roll, not by ranges. Now there will have to be separate range bands for skilled and unskilled users for weapons? An SPAA crew can fire out to 20 hexes, but a non SP crew can shoot the thing to 30 hexes? Or did I guess incorrectly? Maybe the Bazooka Teams have longer barrels than the Squad User. Or bigger propellant charges?

Goblin

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 16
- 1/11/2003 7:03:21 AM   
rbrunsman

It has to do with the fact that squads have a better fire rating than they otherwise would with a bazooka due to their rifle and MG skill being high. An AT team has the more realistic targeting ability of a bazooka (i.e. low) but the longer range was given to them so they could bust houses if they wanted to. It was just a way to limit the "sharpshooting" squads from hitting tanks at 500 yards with a bazooka. No other dual range changes were suggested.

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 17
- 1/11/2003 7:09:23 AM   
Goblin

Thats my point. There are alot of weapons in the game that could hit a dam house at longer ranges than their listed range in the game, but they are set at 'effective' ranges. The bazooka, of all things, should not be an exception. This is going to promote the purchase of 10million AT teams even more.

Like I said, thanks for the update, I'm out of this one though.

Goblin;)

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 18
- 1/11/2003 1:06:18 PM   
chief

GOBLIN:
Just for giggles....I decided to install the new version of H2H (when its posted) but keep the ce version, just in case I don't like the way it plays. Knowing P Leo I suspect it'll come out fine. Just an idea.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to rbrunsman)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Setting Force Experience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI