Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123j updated 26 April 2013

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123j updated 26 April 2013 Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123j updated 2... - 6/11/2013 12:09:52 PM   
Quixote

The Scenario folder shouldn't be in the Save Folder, it belongs one level up. They should be sitting next to each other, usually in the War in the Pacific folder unless you named it something else.

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 721
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123j updated 2... - 6/11/2013 2:05:55 PM   
khyberbill

Thanks. I wonder how I moved that directory without knowing???

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to Quixote)
Post #: 722
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123j updated 2... - 6/11/2013 2:20:49 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

Thanks. I wonder how I moved that directory without knowing???

The most likely way is that you were in the main folder and dragged it to the save folder when you actually wanted to navigate to the save folder. Then you just navigated there again when 'nothing happened', never realizing that you had moved it.

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 723
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123j updated 2... - 6/11/2013 2:23:17 PM   
khyberbill

Sleepwalking with the mouse!

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 724
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123j updated 2... - 6/12/2013 10:42:30 AM   
michaelm75au

Do that myself a few times at work when in a hurry and the mouse is slower than usual

Michael

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 725
RE: Minor-Major Engine Damage - 6/17/2013 5:05:46 AM   
V I Lenin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: V I Lenin

Hello Michael. One minor but quite annoying thing about how ship repairs are handled is that ships with a single point of major engine or flotation damage must manually be put into a shipyard. This tends to result in dozens of ships with 1pt of damage that they have acquired while at sea piling up in ports and spamming up the operations log. Could it be made possible that if a ship, at the end of a turn, is in a port with a shipyard that has enough room to take it, and has only 1pt of major engine or major float damage, without having any other damage, can have a chance to repair the 1pt without user intervention? It would cut down on tedious clicking for the sake of clicking quite a lot, I think.

(I suppose it's possible that this already happens and I simply haven't paid attention to individual ships enough to notice, but then if that's the case I wouldn't know...)

In a sufficiently large port ships with one point of engine damage should not need to be put in the shipyard. Ports size 7 or larger can repair up to 5 points of engine or major floatation damage while in Pierside.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer
Right. That's why I wouldn't like ships move into yard automatically. They could potentially block the yard for ships in urgent need of repair. With only one point of major damage that blocking wouldn't be that long though.

Yes, but the 'problem' is not a question of using of shipyard over pierside...it is standing-down versus standing-up repairs at all. For example:

This freighter is at Kobe...it will not repair that one point of damage if left alone, and as a consequence will generate a line in the operations report, along with a dozen other ships. Of course it is fixed if you go around manually setting these ships to stood-down repair, but it is such a stupid, unnecessary use of time - they are available the next day anyway, and why is Mr. Nimitz required to go to all the harbours to shout at the engineers himself?

My question was, is it possible (assuming the program can check whether a 1pt repair on a ship with no other damage will take one day or not; which I don't know, hence the question) to make these 'automatic' (by putting the ship into offline repair at the end of the turn, or just pretending to, I don't know) - since they would be completed by the next day it should be invisible to the player and take no more resources than are freely available. And make the game less annoying to play!

< Message edited by V I Lenin -- 6/17/2013 5:07:38 AM >

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 726
RE: Minor-Major Engine Damage - 6/17/2013 5:54:22 AM   
michaelm75au

Repair time is calculated based on the number of ships being repaired and priority of the repairs at the instance of the repair phase.
So there would not be a guarantee that the ship was repaired in one day if it was automatically changed to pier-side before the repair cycle.

Michael

(in reply to V I Lenin)
Post #: 727
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 6/18/2013 2:55:08 PM   
Chris21wen

Latest Beta but don't know if it's this patch that caused it. Out of fuel TF not moving see LC TF 228 located at hex 137,135.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 728
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 6/19/2013 1:14:06 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Latest Beta but don't know if it's this patch that caused it. Out of fuel TF not moving see LC TF 228 located at hex 137,135.

The base in the hex is slowing the move. It appeared to move in the following turn. Did it do so???

Michael

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 729
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 6/20/2013 7:43:52 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

The base in the hex is slowing the move. It appeared to move in the following turn. Did it do so???

I thought it might have something to do with the base. Yes it did but I cancelled the CS and gave it a new order. It had also been there for 5-6 turns.

Post #: 730
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 6/20/2013 8:42:09 AM   
Chris21wen

One very small interface request if it can be done.

When you use the mouse wheel to scroll a list it highlights the line you are pointing too but the mouse popup never changes. Can't post a pic but if you open the Naval Air and point to any unit name or location then scroll you'll see what I mean.

Post #: 731
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 6/20/2013 10:44:17 AM   
JocMeister

Some small suggestions that would really ease management.

-Would it be possible to have pilots drawn from the reserve appear in the squadron as "active" and not in "group reserve"? Having to put them into active mode each time is really annoying and also easy to forget.

-Day/night mission does not carry over using the "set all xxxx at base". Would it be possible to have it?

-Heavy bombers can only be set in the same way using "set all levelbombers at base. Would it be possible to differentiate medium and heavy bombers at the squadron screen? This would help management when having both 4Es and 2Es at the same base.

-At the pilot screen would it be possible to chose which reserve to send pilots to? For example when using the USN training squadrons (Kingfishers) they are classified as FPs which means all pilots ends up at the Patrol reserve regardless of skill they are trained in.

Gameplay change suggestions:
Allied transports are suffering huge OPS losses even when transporting from a level 9 AF to another. Currently in my game I have lost 550 transport to OPS losses. The highest in my game by a far margin. Perhaps this should be tweaked a bit?

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 732
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 6/29/2013 9:28:54 AM   
inqistor

I vaguely recall there was added possibility to define initial LCU movement mode in current BETA (in Scenario database, at the game beginning), but I can not find its description anywhere.

Anyone can help, or have I dreamed it somehow?

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 733
RE: Minor-Major Engine Damage - 7/2/2013 4:34:05 PM   
czert2

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

Hello Michael. One minor but quite annoying thing about how ship repairs are handled is that ships with a single point of major engine or flotation damage must manually be put into a shipyard. This tends to result in dozens of ships with 1pt of damage that they have acquired while at sea piling up in ports and spamming up the operations log. Could it be made possible that if a ship, at the end of a turn, is in a port with a shipyard that has enough room to take it, and has only 1pt of major engine or major float damage, without having any other damage, can have a chance to repair the 1pt without user intervention? It would cut down on tedious clicking for the sake of clicking quite a lot, I think.

(I suppose it's possible that this already happens and I simply haven't paid attention to individual ships enough to notice, but then if that's the case I wouldn't know...)

In a sufficiently large port ships with one point of engine damage should not need to be put in the shipyard. Ports size 7 or larger can repair up to 5 points of engine or major floatation damage while in Pierside.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer
Right. That's why I wouldn't like ships move into yard automatically. They could potentially block the yard for ships in urgent need of repair. With only one point of major damage that blocking wouldn't be that long though.

Yes, but the 'problem' is not a question of using of shipyard over pierside...it is standing-down versus standing-up repairs at all. For example:

This freighter is at Kobe...it will not repair that one point of damage if left alone, and as a consequence will generate a line in the operations report, along with a dozen other ships. Of course it is fixed if you go around manually setting these ships to stood-down repair, but it is such a stupid, unnecessary use of time - they are available the next day anyway, and why is Mr. Nimitz required to go to all the harbours to shout at the engineers himself?

My question was, is it possible (assuming the program can check whether a 1pt repair on a ship with no other damage will take one day or not; which I don't know, hence the question) to make these 'automatic' (by putting the ship into offline repair at the end of the turn, or just pretending to, I don't know) - since they would be completed by the next day it should be invisible to the player and take no more resources than are freely available. And make the game less annoying to play!

Well i will love if any major damage can be repaired without using shipyards, then they will go automaticaly to pier-side repair, even if takes more than 1 day to repair. Of course, works only for ships disbanded at port.
If it will need SY - lets player decide.
For fear if it will overflow port repair of ships - well yes, it can, but max for cca 1-3 days (in case of multiple major damage points for ship), after it everthing go back to normal. And it will save a lot of clicks.

(in reply to V I Lenin)
Post #: 734
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 7/2/2013 4:38:03 PM   
czert2

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Gameplay change suggestions:
Allied transports are suffering huge OPS losses even when transporting from a level 9 AF to another. Currently in my game I have lost 550 transport to OPS losses. The highest in my game by a far margin. Perhaps this should be tweaked a bit?

At how big range you fly these planes ? well doing 12h flying trip is not easy, when you start and at destination is shiny wether it doesnt not garantue that it will not fog here when you arive, not to mention you can meed bad wather when in transit. Not to mention you will arive at sunlight at destination base.
True lvl9 base should indicate that base is fully night flying ready, but not compeltyl sure. Anyone know which lvl is NF ready ?

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 735
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 7/3/2013 3:58:37 PM   
czert2

Any idea in which time this patch will become official ?

one small request :
it is posible to add ship type to display whn you look at ship ?
say if you look at pb xxxx
then uder name it will display patrol boat, for akl i will display cargo ship light, etc.
Thing like BB, CV dont make troubles, but if you have to deal with all other small pesky ships.....

< Message edited by czert2 -- 7/3/2013 10:48:23 PM >

(in reply to czert2)
Post #: 736
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123j updated 2... - 7/7/2013 2:20:00 AM   
sanch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

My apologies if this has already answered but I've noticed an increase in downtime for maintenance on higher service rating aircraft (specifically 4E's). I can't see anything in the beta patch notes other than a comment that durability is now accounted for when putting aircraft into maintenance mode which will "spread" the maintenance out a bit more. Was a change made that increased the maintenance/repair time for aircraft such that high durability aircraft take longer to repair now (similar to ship repair).

Cheers,

Daniel

I've noticed the same thing.

Is this something new, or is it that after several months of operations, my planes are finally wearing out?

Thanks!

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 737
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 7/7/2013 5:59:01 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

One very small interface request if it can be done.

When you use the mouse wheel to scroll a list it highlights the line you are pointing too but the mouse popup never changes. Can't post a pic but if you open the Naval Air and point to any unit name or location then scroll you'll see what I mean.

I think the problem is that even though the list scrolling, the actual mouse location hasn't changed and thus the popup isn't refreshed.
Don't think that can be fixed without delving into the game engine.

Michael

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 738
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 7/10/2013 6:03:03 PM   
Christopher John

Should we now use Warinthe..on_1123n.zip (2.02 MB)as 1123m has the LCU retreating bug?

< Message edited by Christopher John -- 7/10/2013 6:06:29 PM >

Post #: 739
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 7/10/2013 6:12:30 PM   
Theages

quote:

ORIGINAL: Christopher John

Should we now use Warinthe..on_1123n.zip (2.02 MB)as 1123m has the LCU retreating bug?

For everyone who is wondering, where 1123n can be found. Look here Post #10

< Message edited by Theages -- 7/10/2013 6:13:43 PM >

(in reply to Christopher John)
Post #: 740
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 7/12/2013 9:37:00 AM   
razanon

where i can find the "OFFICIAL" beta update?? i cant find out where (member downloads etc)

Post #: 741
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 7/12/2013 2:32:05 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: razanon

where i can find the "OFFICIAL" beta update?? i cant find out where (member downloads etc)

Member Downloads. 1108r9 (which you mentioned in another thread?) was a Beta release and it is exactly the same as the latest official release. Since then there have been many additional Betas. The procedure is to install the game, then install the latest official (corresponds to 1108r9), then install the Beta release of your choice (if any).

(in reply to razanon)
Post #: 742
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 7/12/2013 4:03:01 PM   
RevRick

Question:

Is anyone having CTDs in the game in which all of the onscreen information is turned into little multi-colored rectangles and the game freezes? This has happened to me several times. I have not noticed any pattern which triggers it. I am playing a self modded scenario.

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 743
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 7/12/2013 7:38:05 PM   
razanon

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: razanon

Member Downloads. 1108r9 (which you mentioned in another thread?) was a Beta release and it is exactly the same as the latest official release. Since then there have been many additional Betas. The procedure is to install the game, then install the latest official (corresponds to 1108r9), then install the Beta release of your choice (if any).

because i prefered post my question in a new thread. thx friend

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 744
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 7/14/2013 9:14:17 AM   
jakla1027

Hey just wondering what's in the works for the next beta update, hasn't been anything in a little over a month.

Also is this the thread to possibly suggest an issue/feature that i'd like to see added or changed in the game?

thanks for all the hard work & support

(in reply to razanon)
Post #: 745
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 7/14/2013 9:45:33 AM   
Chris21wen

Another request that may not be possible.

As I normally do every turn I check to see if there are any ships in the red fuel wise. A PB in a empty TK TF returning to Japan needed topping up so I refuelled expecting the PB to go into the green and maybe one of the TK losiing some fuel as all had over half normal capacity (4500/8000). The whole of the TF filled up from another 2 ship Tr TF in the same hex with more fuel. This happens often and isn't a problem, that's how the game works.

In this instance both TFs were returning to Tokyo so it did not matter. If the TR TF had been going the other way it possible could have. So is it possible to add a function to stop TF refulling other TF's as well as preventing them from refuelling themselves?

Post #: 746
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123m updated 9... - 7/18/2013 2:03:44 AM   
moore4807

quote:

Another request that may not be possible.

As I normally do every turn I check to see if there are any ships in the red fuel wise. A PB in a empty TK TF returning to Japan needed topping up so I refuelled expecting the PB to go into the green and maybe one of the TK losiing some fuel as all had over half normal capacity (4500/8000). The whole of the TF filled up from another 2 ship Tr TF in the same hex with more fuel. This happens often and isn't a problem, that's how the game works.

In this instance both TFs were returning to Tokyo so it did not matter. If the TR TF had been going the other way it possible could have. So is it possible to add a function to stop TF refulling other TF's as well as preventing them from refuelling themselves?

Chris,

I'm not sure if you know this from your post or if the conditions apply here... say you have a 1700 endurance PB in an IJN TTF with a TK of 9400 going back to Tokyo... The PB will automatically refuel from the TF if there is excess capacity in the TF without you doing anything. Until the TK (or AK/AKL's) reaches its minimal refuel level it will attempt to at-sea refuel during the turn.

Yes the TF will appear in the RED because of the lack of endurance of the lowest capable ship, but the TF will not run out of fuel for the above reasons... I do this regularly (using the AK's as "milch cows" for traveling ASW TF's of PB's). AFAIK this also works for "any" TF in the same hex as a TF with excess capacity again without having to use the refuel TF button... Hope it helps!

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 747
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123n updated - 7/18/2013 5:47:09 AM   
michaelm75au

Notes:
1. When a ship's (disbanded in port) upgrade falls due and the ship has cargo, it will automatically try to unload the cargo before starting the upgrade. To stop this, you will need to turn off the upgrade. This is introduced to help cut down extra steps needed to form a TF, then unload it, disband and then start the upgrade.

2. It was found that not all bases are numbered around each other in the same location on the map. In one location, there are some bases in the 800's and one between them in the 1400's. What this does is sometimes the high numbered bases end up not getting any (or few) supplies. To alleviate this without re-doing the supply distribution, the code will reverse the base checking order every 3rd turn (high to low numbered). This may also help other supply situations.

3. Allowing the AI to 'return to pool' small ships (built from supply), also allows players to return the ships to the pool and later expend supply to create them elsewhere without expending shipyard points as currently. Reading the 'manual' infers that it should only be a supply restriction and not a shipyard one.

Michael

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 748
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123n updated - 7/18/2013 6:00:13 AM   
moore4807

michaelm - first many thanks as expressed by all for your tireless efforts - you da man!

second - I guess I'm misreading Chris H's post about the PB refueling. I'll delete it if you want.

Third - I've been looking but can't find the thread about when we make a new game folder (for 1123n) and now get the fatal error 100 message, I partially remember it had something to do with where the shortcut points. I've "fixed" the shortcut X3 and still get the message... The other two games start fine from thier shortcuts, just my "new" game. any ideas?

Post #: 749
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123n updated - 7/18/2013 6:16:59 AM   
michaelm75au

The 'Start in..' should be where the main game files are located, in my case it is "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition"

The 'Target ." is the program to run with any command options , eg "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -cpu2 -multiaudio -dd_sw -pxf1200 -py768 -wd

Attachment (1)

Michael

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123j updated 26 April 2013 Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI