Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem completing Vyazma Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> Problem completing Vyazma Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem completing Vyazma Scenario - 7/28/2013 4:13:00 AM   
vonGekko

Hello there. I have been enjoying the game very much and I've been playing the short campaign. I am currently at the battle of Vyazma, and I've captured all the visible strategic points but the scenario does not end. The briefing says I need to capture 3 points. One of these, Kiev City, is not on the map (although the starting point of Smolensk is on the map, and I have owned that since the scenario start. I've capture the other two listed points, Gzhatsk and Suhinichy.

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
vonGekko
Post #: 1
RE: Problem completing Vyazma Scenario - 7/28/2013 2:40:00 PM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

which Vyzama do you play ? There are three different in the game. Two are in campaigns, one is a single map.
You say the objectives mention Kiev - are sure it is not an error in the briefing ?
Technically the objectives work in a way that makes it impossible a stated town is not on the map.

Regards,

(in reply to vonGekko)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem completing Vyazma Scenario - 7/28/2013 2:59:45 PM   
vonGekko

This is the Vyazma in the Operation Barbarosa campaign (6-7th in the campaign I think). If I load the start of the map again and view the Player Objectives screen, it says "Capture Gzhatsk, Suhinichy, and Kiev City to occupy all important strategic positions. The first two are highlighted in orange and clicking on them brings you to the correct city on the map. Kiev City is highlighted in green and clicking on it brings you to Smolensk on the map.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,
vonGekko

< Message edited by vonGekko -- 7/28/2013 3:01:10 PM >

(in reply to Ronald Wendt)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem completing Vyazma Scenario - 7/28/2013 3:10:48 PM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

ok, could you please provide a savegame of the map before Vyazma and one of Vyazma itself ?

Ist very unusual that an object (city) has two different names on the map and in the objectives.

You are welcme, we are around for stuff like this.

Regards,

(in reply to vonGekko)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem completing Vyazma Scenario - 7/28/2013 8:02:15 PM   
vonGekko

Dear Ronald,

Would you be able to PM me with an e-mail address to send the files, or is there another way to get them to you that you would prefer?

Thanks

Post #: 5
RE: Problem completing Vyazma Scenario - 7/28/2013 8:10:20 PM   
bears5232

I am also having an issue in the Operation Barbarossa campaign. During the Operation Barbarossa campaign (specifically the Vyazma portion) I have found that the objective of Dubno is not visible anywhere on the gameplay map. By turn 8, I had occupied the objectives of Gzhatsk and Suhinichy and had destroyed all of the enemy. I saw that the game was not allowing me to proceed through victory because Dubno was not captured. The problem is that Dubno is not visible anywhere on the map. The game is patched to the most recent version.

Please help to fix this major bug and/or tell me where is Dubno.

(in reply to vonGekko)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem completing Vyazma Scenario - 7/28/2013 8:17:20 PM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

quote:

ORIGINAL: bears5232

I am also having an issue in the Operation Barbarossa campaign. During the Operation Barbarossa campaign (specifically the Vyazma portion) I have found that the objective of Dubno is not visible anywhere on the gameplay map. By turn 8, I had occupied the objectives of Gzhatsk and Suhinichy and had destroyed all of the enemy. I saw that the game was not allowing me to proceed through victory because Dubno was not captured. The problem is that Dubno is not visible anywhere on the map. The game is patched to the most recent version.

Please help to fix this major bug and/or tell me where is Dubno.

it seems something strange is going on in that scenario, we will investigate this.

vonGekko: please send it at wendt@anvil-soft.com

Regards,

(in reply to bears5232)
Post #: 7
RE: Problem completing Vyazma Scenario - 7/28/2013 9:08:06 PM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

we found the problem, the victory condition is searching for Vyazma on the wrong hex - the names you get in the objectives are most likely from scenarios you recently played.
Will be fixed in the next version.

Solution until the patch reaches you:

Now you can solve the map anyway with a little workaround. As the problem is that you cannot occupy an object on the hex, you have to build one with engineers.
The hex that needs the object is in the northeast of Vyazma, with a splitted railway.
After you build a bunker on the hex you should win the scenario.

Regards,

Post #: 8
RE: Problem completing Vyazma Scenario - 7/28/2013 11:02:33 PM   
bears5232

My engineer cannot build a bunker on the splitted railway hex northeast of Vyazma. The only options my engineer has on that hex is to blow the splitted rail. I think the engineer's inability to build a bunker on railway hexes may be another issue.

Post #: 9
RE: Problem completing Vyazma Scenario - 7/29/2013 5:56:55 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

quote:

ORIGINAL: bears5232

My engineer cannot build a bunker on the splitted railway hex northeast of Vyazma. The only options my engineer has on that hex is to blow the splitted rail. I think the engineer's inability to build a bunker on railway hexes may be another issue.

indeed - we need an expanded control for engineers. Sorry for the wrong hint.

Regards,

(in reply to bears5232)
Post #: 10
RE: Problem completing Vyazma Scenario - 7/30/2013 2:05:59 AM   
vonGekko

I appreciate the help. I will have my forces hold the line until the reinforcement patch arrives! :)

Regards,

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> Problem completing Vyazma Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI