Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Constructors stuck in escape from loop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Constructors stuck in escape from loop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Constructors stuck in escape from loop - 7/30/2013 6:20:24 PM   
paShadoWn

When something hostile is present at build location with no vision, builder flies there, escapes, loses vision, assumes it is safe, flies there again etc until it runs out of fuel.
Post #: 1
RE: Constructors stuck in escape from loop - 7/30/2013 7:38:45 PM   
Starke

A well known and unfortunately hard-to-fix (code-wise) problem. There is a solution, however: tell it to go do something else! (set in back on auto afterwards if you don't like manual control)

(in reply to paShadoWn)
Post #: 2
RE: Constructors stuck in escape from loop - 7/31/2013 7:10:26 AM   
Canute0

Why you don't change the flee when from "Enemy Military sighted" into "attacked" ? This reduce the loops.

Most people improve their Constution Ship with some extra Shield/armor and some Shield piercing weapons, not enough to kill the attackers but enough so they flee because they want to repair.

(in reply to Starke)
Post #: 3
RE: Constructors stuck in escape from loop - 7/31/2013 7:34:54 AM   
Starke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canute

Why you don't change the flee when from "Enemy Military sighted" into "attacked" ? This reduce the loops.

Most people improve their Constution Ship with some extra Shield/armor and some Shield piercing weapons, not enough to kill the attackers but enough so they flee because they want to repair.

Now I feel kinda bad for not mentioning these as well. =P Yes, as long as you have decent shielding on your Constructors, which comes by default, you can comfortably set it to "when attacked," when can help when the pirates are doing something else in system and aren't interested in you.

Also, turning the Constructor into a mini-warship is completely feasible, and in fact some players prefer to play that way so Constructors can take care of threats wherever they are. It's especially easy if you use blasters, as they have high damage, small size, and you'll already need several reactors due to the static draw of the construction yard and energy/high tech/weapon plants.

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 4
RE: Constructors stuck in escape from loop - 8/1/2013 1:17:36 PM   
feelotraveller

Or how about sending some military to deal with the hostile(s)?

(in reply to Starke)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Constructors stuck in escape from loop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI