Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

kick outs on SPWAW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame >> kick outs on SPWAW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
kick outs on SPWAW - 1/12/2003 8:36:20 AM   
rickklahorst

Is anyone else out there having trouble with SPWAW
kicking you out while playing a solitaire campaign.
I did download and install the latest version, 7.1.
If anyone has solved or figured out what to do for this other
than continually saving your game, I would be most appreciative.

Rick
Post #: 1
- 1/12/2003 10:14:38 AM   
Supervisor

Wrong portion of the forum, but anyway please post some system specs and which campaign, does it happen only in this one or in everything you try, because some campaigns are outdated and don't work properly after the game updates and changes to the OOB's over the years. Try these for starters: Point your shortcut to [B]C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World at War\mech.exe[/B] this will bypass the autorun menu. Look in this folder [B]C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World at War\save[/B] and delete the following files (if you have them) steel.prf and holder.txt.

(in reply to rickklahorst)
Post #: 2
SPWAW 7.1, crashes - 1/17/2003 10:22:37 PM   
ktw

I have this problem occasionally.

The most predictable occurance is with the scenario "Luck & the Last Teutonic Knight". This one will _always_ crash the game at the same point: approximately 5 or 6 turns into the game, during the AI movement phase, right at the point where the southern column of soviet tanks moves through the small town. It appears to always happen as one particular soviet tank moves into one particular hex.

I've only ever played it in solitair mode. I've tried saving the game immedaitely before the crash. It still crashes at the same point when I resume play. I've done fresh installations of the game on about 4 different machines, (desktops and laptops, P3 and P4, Win2k and NT4) which didn't change the behaviour of the game with this scenario. Lately I've been playing on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 (P4, 512Meg Ram)

This is a scenario that came with the game, not one I added. I really like it. Someday I'd like to play it through to the end if there's anyone could help me get through the crash problem.

For what its worth, the entire game seems unstable on a Dell Precision Workstation (Dual P3 and dual monitors via a Matrox video card). I suspect the OEM Dell sound subsystem as that's given me grief with a couple of other apps.

-ktw

(in reply to rickklahorst)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame >> kick outs on SPWAW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI