Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Infantry

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infantry Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Infantry - 4/22/2000 10:21:00 AM   
Big Joe

Will Irregular infantry like rangers and commandos have any special actions other than morale and exp. Like the ability to ambush or maybe be harder to spot And are uniforms more detailed (I imagine its not easy at such a scale) but would be neat if ss looked a little different then regular german infantry etc. Also I don't want to be taken the wrong way but did you see the price for PC gamer with a demo disk its $8. I would rather donate that to Matrix's not game specific collection hat and get a free demo disk and maybe a t-shirt.

Post #: 1
- 4/22/2000 6:10:00 PM   
grockall

I would also prefer Matrix got the money rather than PC Gamer however I would not wish them to do anything that might upset the providers of the source code.

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 2
- 4/23/2000 12:20:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

There will be a pregame facility you can use if you have special forces or guerrila units that will allow you to set an objective for them "behind enemy lines". They will enter near there as reinforcments later in the game (or maybe not:-)

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 3
- 4/24/2000 10:35:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Paul is right, and other special features for special units are going to be included. You'll find that unit classes determine certain aspects of a unit's function in the game. Recon units, for example, have a much higher ability to spot enemy units. They can also sneak up on the enemy without being seen as easily. A lot of unique nuances in the game have been included that you'll find mentioned in the manual, or simply by playing the game. ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 4
- 4/25/2000 4:20:00 AM   
grockall

The problem with scenarios for special forces seems to me to be victory conditions.In Sp games winning or losing is largely determined by holding certain locations. If you send special forces behind enemy lines to destroy supply/fuel bunkers or artillery etc you would then have to hold those locations till the end of the game to win.

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 5
- 4/25/2000 4:25:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Victory hexes you have to hold, equiment and emplacements you get teh points for when you destroy them. The scenario designer can weigh the two depending on the goals set for the scenario

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 6
- 4/25/2000 9:37:00 AM   
Wild Bill

And of course, adding to what Paul has said, you can always put the ammo dumps and HQ units on an objective hex and get the best (or worst) of both worlds. You can change the value of the ammo dump and HQ (we have those icons in the game) and make them worth even more. So you can indeed accomplish your mission which is the objective in two ways...Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 7
- 4/25/2000 10:56:00 AM   
kao16

Talking about all these different units. Is there going to be a list somewhere (the manual?) giving the special benefits/penalties of all units (not just infantry). I'm interested in knowing what the effective difference is between: Light Infantry, Infantry, and Heavy infantry just to start with (also scout and sniper). This will be of interest to anybody playing with the OB editor.

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 8
- 4/25/2000 5:52:00 PM   
grockall

Thanks for the information on victory conditions. I've played various versions of Sp a lot but am still a novice with the scenario editor.

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 9
- 4/27/2000 9:18:00 PM   
Foley

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: You can change the value of the ammo dump and HQ (we have those icons in the game) and make them worth even more. So you can indeed accomplish your mission which is the objective in two ways...Wild Bill
I was wondering if could change the point value of other units within a game. I have tried this with Sp2ww2 (and SP3 I think) and the changed point value doesn't stick. I was trying to make a scenario where destroying a truck convoy would get you the V points need to win the game, but the trucks could be moved off map if you didn't get to them fast enough.

S Foley

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infantry Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI