Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Proper Place?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Proper Place? Page: <<   < prev  110 111 [112] 113 114   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Proper Place? - 8/15/2013 5:42:26 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sgt_Rock

The lesson I got from this game is this: If you plan on doing your own computer game you had better get it done so that it fits into the existing MS operating system OR the one that comes just after it.

Has this game been tested on Windows 8? Some of us would like to hear about that.

The other lesson is: if you put together a team and the game is not out within three years or less you had better have guys waiting in the wings to help out. I am not sure if folks have dropped that were key personnel on this project but to ask someone to stick with it as long as this one has been on the burner (8 years based on this thread) you had either have to have been mentally unbalanced or smoking pot!

There is has been some testing on Windows 8 - with no problems. Matrix does a series of tests before release on 'clean' computers with different operating systems.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Old_Warrior)
Post #: 3331
RE: Proper Place? - 8/16/2013 3:05:50 PM   
CrusssDaddy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

If that is really your girlfriend, why are you spending time posting here

She was my girlfriend back when I was playing cardboard WiF in the early 90s. Maybe I would have gotten more WiF done if she wasn't

Lovely girl...we're still friends and she doesn't look much different. She took after Aunty Bronnie, and not her Mum, as it turns out

She's a doctor in Sydney now. I really screwed that one up eh?

Mind you; there have been a few unofficial...err...reunions

Cheers, Neilster

Should we stand back? You appear eager in the manner of a 13-year-old to offer her panties to the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACiCfGoVIJA

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 3332
RE: Proper Place? - 8/16/2013 3:33:53 PM   
Neilster

Or not.

Watch a lot of mid-80s coming-of-age movies CrussDaddy? You seem pretty familiar with that one.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to CrusssDaddy)
Post #: 3333
RE: Proper Place? - 8/16/2013 4:46:06 PM   
CrusssDaddy

You arranged coitus with a human female 20 years ago, and rightly you are proud and have come here to boast of your singular achievement. I don't want to rain on your parade, I want to help you mark the occasion. Have you shown this thread to the young lady you Neilstered? I can imagine her delight: picture posted, along with current location and occupation, and the dirty deeds slyly referenced as "reunions" complete with leering Winky emoticon.

If you squint hard you can picture your keyboard as a pen, the screen a bathroom wall, all you need to add is her telephone number...

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 3334
RE: Proper Place? - 8/16/2013 5:08:06 PM   
Neilster

Actually I was living with her, so I didn't "arrange coitus" with her and it wasn't a singular achievement. The reunions were reunions because they occurred after we split up.

I actually rang her and quoted these posts. She just laughed. She gets the joke that a lot of wargamers are not terribly adept at dealing with women and that I was suggesting that wargames should come second to a pretty girlfriend, especially in one's youth. You seem to want to make this very sordid. OK. Whatever. I don't care.

Isn't this a distraction from your usual posts though? These weren't so long ago...

quote:

ORIGINAL: CrusssDaddy

Steve is not going to complete this game, not even a nerfed no-A.I. version. It simply is not going to happen - it's okay to admit the inevitable, doing so is simply an admission of the facts, the steepening trajectory of non-development, and not a slam on Steve. The best case scenario is that Failtrix puts an actual team on the job, but that is unlikely because they clearly don't give a ****. I mean guys, seriously... when you clear away the good wishes and hopeful thoughts and high regard for hard work and our enthusiasm for WiF itself, whats left? Do you have a line at which the importance of results jumps ahead of everything else?

quote:

Am I out of line to lack cheer re: your progress after nearly a decade of work? If you were looking for another job, would this go on your resume? The basket beneath the guillotine is spilling over with victims of the chopping block: scenarios cut to a ridiculous handful, no A.I., optional rules missing... I'm sure there's more I haven't bothered to remember? The graphics are atrocious. There is no shame (well, perhaps a little) in admitting you bit off more than you could chew, and that Matrixster's support and dedication to this project has been abysmal.

You preside over a failure, partially of your own making and having nothing to do with recent health woes. Perhaps it's time to step away? Or have you lashed yourself to the wheel?

Why are you still here if you hold these views?

Neilster

Post #: 3335
RE: Proper Place? - 8/16/2013 5:11:51 PM   
CrusssDaddy

Good Lord, I know. What are the dates of those posts? And still nothing. "99.9%" done... haha okaaaaay.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 3336
RE: Proper Place? - 8/16/2013 5:15:16 PM   
Neilster

So why are you still here? Do you still think the game will never be completed?

Neilster

Post #: 3337
RE: Proper Place? - 8/16/2013 7:50:16 PM   
CrusssDaddy

I do not think a game that is substantively different than CWiF will be completed by the current regime. I think you will certainly, at some point, receive this hobbyist project called MWiF that includes different but not particularly better graphics, a couple extra scenarios and some bugs removed. Oh, and some unit write-ups cut 'n' pasted from Wikipedia. The most endearing feature of the original, the Debug Mode that allows you to create your own scenarios or alter games in mid play, isn't even available on this new version.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 3338
RE: Proper Place? - 8/16/2013 8:09:41 PM   
warspite1

quote:

I do not think a game that is substantively different than CWiF will be completed by the current regime. I think you will certainly, at some point, receive this hobbyist project called MWiF that includes different but not particularly better graphics, a couple extra scenarios and some bugs removed. Oh, and some unit write-ups cut 'n' pasted from Wikipedia. The most endearing feature of the original, the Debug Mode that allows you to create your own scenarios or alter games in mid play, isn't even available on this new version.
warspite1

Hey saddo - Neilster asked - as have others before - why you are still here given all the rubbish you have to say about the project, the fact the game is not for you and you do not intend to buy it when it comes out.

Why not do something productive with your sad existence instead of being a figure of unintended fun on this forum? In short why not get a life?

Alternatively, if you are to stay around, instead of boring us all rigid, why not think of something either funny or interesting to say for once

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

Post #: 3339
RE: Proper Place? - 8/16/2013 9:12:55 PM   
michaelbaldur

fellows, when you answer you "know who". then you are playing her game.

so simply ignore it.

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3340
RE: Proper Place? - 8/17/2013 12:36:22 AM   
CrusssDaddy

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

Hey saddo - Neilster asked - as have others before - why you are still here given all the rubbish you have to say about the project, the fact the game is not for you and you do not intend to buy it when it comes out.

Why not do something productive with your sad existence instead of being a figure of unintended fun on this forum? In short why not get a life?

Alternatively, if you are to stay around, instead of boring us all rigid, why not think of something either funny or interesting to say for once

You've gone rigid? How many years has it been since last that happened? Was it the two decade-old cheesecake? Sounds like you owe Neilster a beer for "raising your spirits!"

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3341
RE: Proper Place? - 8/17/2013 9:42:01 AM   
Neilster

It is hardly cheesecake and she told me she thinks you "sound creepy" and are "probably really sexually frustrated".

And here she is now. She's an intelligent, lovely and kind lady.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Neilster -- 8/17/2013 11:59:09 AM >

Post #: 3342
RE: Proper Place? - 8/17/2013 4:14:38 PM   
CrusssDaddy

When you clench your fist and "talk to your girlfriend" do you draw a mouth in with lipstick, or is your imagination sufficient to carry the ruse?

Keep those pix coming -- it's a new day and Warspite is looking for another thrill!

Okay, let's get back on topic -- just how long does 0.1% take to complete anyway?!?!?

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 3343
RE: Proper Place? - 8/17/2013 4:36:01 PM   
Neilster

quote:

When you clench your fist and "talk to your girlfriend" do you draw a mouth in with lipstick, or is your imagination sufficient to carry the ruse?

Keep those pix coming -- it's a new day and Warspite is looking for another thrill!

Okay, let's get back on topic -- just how long does 0.1% take to complete anyway?!?!?

She's not my girlfriend. She used to be, but as I said, we're still friends. That's why I have this recent photo of her.

How did we get here? Oh that's right...you launched an unprovoked attack on me but that backfired and now even a woman who has never had anything to do with you thinks you're a complete jerk-off. Nice going.

Neilster

Post #: 3344
RE: Proper Place? - 8/17/2013 9:45:58 PM   
CrusssDaddy

Does taking about it make you feel better? You're going on a bit, but I'll keep listening. Not for much longer, mind you.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 3345
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 12:28:48 AM   
pochepiller

For as much as I would like to follow on this ex-girlfriend discussion what I really want to know is WHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a big wargamer but I dig every WW2 game and I can't wait to buy this and get destroyed in PBEM, so when? 2014? 2015?

David
Québec
Canada

P.S. I also think that Crussdaddy criticism of the current state of Matrix WiF is valid and should not be this rebuked like this.

Sorry for my bad english.

< Message edited by pochepiller -- 8/18/2013 12:35:24 AM >

Post #: 3346
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 4:44:11 AM   
Neilster

quote:

Does taking about it make you feel better? You're going on a bit, but I'll keep listening. Not for much longer, mind you.

Is that a promise?

Neilster

Post #: 3347
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 8:54:02 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: pochepiller

For as much as I would like to follow on this ex-girlfriend discussion what I really want to know is WHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a big wargamer but I dig every WW2 game and I can't wait to buy this and get destroyed in PBEM, so when? 2014? 2015?

David
Québec
Canada

P.S. I also think that Crussdaddy criticism of the current state of Matrix WiF is valid and should not be this rebuked like this.

warspite1

pochepiller, everyone is entitled to their own opinion - and that includes Crusssdaddy. Matrix make their forums open to people and of course that means good press and not so good press will get aired. That is their choice and fair enough. No one is saying he cannot air his opinion (within the bounds of forum rules and decency).

However I fear you have rather missed the point.

The game is taking a looooong time in development. I am sure that this is a source of frustration for everyone from Steve to Matrix to ADG to the beta testers and to the fans of the game.

However, there are reasons for these delays, they are well known and in the real world, they are what they are e.g. the economics of the market, health, technical resources. They don't make the situation any less frustrating, but they are understandable.

Where you are quite wrong about this childlike, mindless, troll is that he fails to see reality. He started off annoyed at the time being taken (no problem, as said, aren't we all?). But he then moved to conspiracy theories about Matrix actually not wanting the game to come out. He droned on about how there were hundreds of gaming companies who would snap this project up tomorrow, throw unlimited amounts of money at the project, and get the game done yesterday. These companies were being denied purposely by the evil Matrix corporation.

He then moved on to personal attacks, particularly against Steve (a despicable position to take given Steve's serious health issues) and anyone who understood the Matrix position.

He has now upped his game further by, for the first time, launching attacks on people just for the hell of it. As far as I know Neilster has never said anything against this idiot troll before the recent shenanigans.

So before leaping to the defence of this moronic individual, I suggest you read some of his accusations and comments first.

(in reply to pochepiller)
Post #: 3348
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 2:57:44 PM   
pochepiller

quote:

So before leaping to the defence of this moronic individual, I suggest you read some of his accusations and comments first.

Ok I touched a nerve. I wont read all the board history to know how soulless Crussdaddy is and I didn't defend his action in my last post at all. I was refering to his recent critic of the game there:

quote:

The game takes a long time and there's reason for it but now the same question is still there: WHEN?
Do anyone can ballpark the date of release, ( the PBEM release, AI will never be good at this kind of game I think).

2014? 2015? 2016?

David
Québec
Canada

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3349
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 3:28:30 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Ok I touched a nerve. I wont read all the board history to know how soulless Crussdaddy is and I didn't defend his action in my last post at all. I was refering to his recent critic of the game there:

warspite1

Apologies pochepiller if it sounded like I was having a go at you. That was not the intention.

Post #: 3350
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 4:08:44 PM   
pochepiller

I wrote my last post before my fist coffee so maybe I was on the defensive, but my question is still there, do we talk about 1 year or more for the first release?

David

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3351
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 4:16:51 PM   
warspite1

I'm sure Steve will let you know what he can on that in due course.

Post #: 3352
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 6:38:02 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

quote:

quote:

The game takes a long time and there's reason for it but now the same question is still there: WHEN?
Do anyone can ballpark the date of release, ( the PBEM release, AI will never be good at this kind of game I think).

2014? 2015? 2016?

David
Québec
Canada

Responding to CxxxDxxx is almost always a worthless expenditure of time and effort. He chooses arguments randomly and hopes that someone responds to what he says. The post by him that you quoted has all those earmarks. In it, each of his statements could be contradicted by hundreds, if not thousands, of previous posts in this forum. My personal posts on MWIF are getting close to 16,000, so you could restrict your search to just my posts and probably come up with hundreds of examples why each of his statements is manifestly wrong. In this example, he is the classic definition of a troll - someone who posts not to accomplish anything good, but just to provoke a response from others so he can gleefully continue to harass them verbally.

Several years ago I swore off giving estimated release dates. In retrospect, that was a very good decision. My monthly status reports provide the best indication of when the game will be released. I post them in two threads: this one, and an identical post in MWIF Monthly Reports. Only I can post to the latter thread, so it doesn't have all the commentary that this one does. Many people prefer to just read my monthly report there, and skip all the other stuff. Your choice.

Steve

Post #: 3353
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 6:38:05 PM   
michaelbaldur

only know one thing.

the game is brilliant. i´m playing this game all day long, everyday.

so it is worth the wait

< Message edited by michaelbaldur -- 8/18/2013 6:41:14 PM >

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3354
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 6:54:11 PM   
CrusssDaddy

quote:

quote:

David
Québec
Canada

warspite1

pochepiller, everyone is entitled to their own opinion - and that includes Crusssdaddy. Matrix make their forums open to people and of course that means good press and not so good press will get aired. That is their choice and fair enough. No one is saying he cannot air his opinion (within the bounds of forum rules and decency).

The game is taking a looooong time in development. I am sure that this is a source of frustration for everyone from Steve to Matrix to ADG to the beta testers and to the fans of the game.

However, there are reasons for these delays, they are well known and in the real world, they are what they are e.g. the economics of the market, health, technical resources. They don't make the situation any less frustrating, but they are understandable.

Where you are quite wrong about this childlike, mindless, troll is that he fails to see reality. He started off annoyed at the time being taken (no problem, as said, aren't we all?). But he then moved to conspiracy theories about Matrix actually not wanting the game to come out. He droned on about how there were hundreds of gaming companies who would snap this project up tomorrow, throw unlimited amounts of money at the project, and get the game done yesterday. These companies were being denied purposely by the evil Matrix corporation.

He then moved on to personal attacks, particularly against Steve (a despicable position to take given Steve's serious health issues) and anyone who understood the Matrix position.

He has now upped his game further by, for the first time, launching attacks on people just for the hell of it. As far as I know Neilster has never said anything against this idiot troll before the recent shenanigans.

Just FYI I know you're not purposefully trying to hurt my feelings, but this came off as very slightly disrespectful and I'm a little bummed out :(

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3355
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 6:58:42 PM   
CrusssDaddy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

quote:

quote:

2014? 2015? 2016?

David
Québec
Canada

Responding to CxxxDxxx is almost always a worthless expenditure of time and effort. He chooses arguments randomly and hopes that someone responds to what he says. The post by him that you quoted has all those earmarks. In it, each of his statements could be contradicted by hundreds, if not thousands, of previous posts in this forum. My personal posts on MWIF are getting close to 16,000, so you could restrict your search to just my posts and probably come up with hundreds of examples why each of his statements is manifestly wrong. In this example, he is the classic definition of a troll - someone who posts not to accomplish anything good, but just to provoke a response from others so he can gleefully continue to harass them verbally.

Several years ago I swore off giving estimated release dates. In retrospect, that was a very good decision. My monthly status reports provide the best indication of when the game will be released. I post them in two threads: this one, and an identical post in MWIF Monthly Reports. Only I can post to the latter thread, so it doesn't have all the commentary that this one does. Many people prefer to just read my monthly report there, and skip all the other stuff. Your choice.

Refute away, please! Let's start with this: will the game include a Debug Mode that functions identically or at least similarly to the one in CWiF? Last time I asked (1 year ago? 2?), Debug Mode had been removed. Has this changed?

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3356
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 7:54:30 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Against my better judgment, I'll answer this.

Debug is a great feature if you want to crash the program. It allows you to place Brazilian units next to Berlin even if Brazil is not in the war! You can change the weather before your opponent attacks so all his units are out of supply and he can't make any attacks! Did you just lose your best armor unit? No problem! Just put him back on the map where ever you like. Is your opponent defending his convoys too well? Then just remove all his surface ships in the area to the scrap pool - problem solved.

The debug feature is for debugging the game's software. It is not for playing the game according to the rules. But you already knew that, so my post here is just another tidbit for the troll. As for apologies for being disrespectful, you are well over 100 apologies behind.

Steve

Post #: 3357
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 8:18:44 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

David
Québec
Canada

warspite1

Just FYI I know you're not purposefully trying to hurt my feelings, but this came off as very slightly disrespectful and I'm a little bummed out :(

warspite1

Correct - I have no wish to hurt anyone's feelings.

However your mindless, childlike behaviour needs to be responded to. I notice you still haven't answered the fundamental question. Namely, why, given this is not a game you will buy, do you continue to come here? Why waste your time? Surely a grown man has better things to do than troll... or maybe not? Maybe trolling is the limit of your goals in life - maybe in so doing you are living your dream. Who knows?

Post #: 3358
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 10:47:43 PM   
pochepiller

I wish to stay on the topic warspite1, which is WHEN! I understand Mr. O'keets points of not making an estimate but it doesnt answer my question at all and yes I read all those recent monthly report. I just think that somewhere you have to say a fix date so you can finish it, because if not you can always find some thing to improve ( Gran Turismo 5 is a exemple of this happening ). So do we talk about 3 months or 18 months?

WHEN!!!!!!

I will buy the game if it comes out and after 3 years of following those thread I'm just not sure if it will come out. I don't have any friend to play table Wif so its an itch I can't scratch.

David
Québec

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3359
RE: Proper Place? - 8/18/2013 11:12:44 PM   
Lingering Frey

quote:

I wish to stay on the topic warspite1, which is WHEN! I understand Mr. O'keets points of not making an estimate but it doesnt answer my question at all and yes I read all those recent monthly report. I just think that somewhere you have to say a fix date so you can finish it, because if not you can always find some thing to improve ( Gran Turismo 5 is a exemple of this happening ). So do we talk about 3 months or 18 months?

WHEN!!!!!!

I will buy the game if it comes out and after 3 years of following those thread I'm just not sure if it will come out. I don't have any friend to play table Wif so its an itch I can't scratch.

David
Québec

You don't have to worry about feature creep at this point. That will not delay its release. They have chosen to drop features (AI front and center) in order to get it out within the reasonable future.

I don't think Steve wants to make even rough predictions, but you can get a feel from his reports. I'm a political scientist, so I hate making predictions. They are usually wrong. That said, barring a change of health status for Steve or some huge unexpected problem from Netplay, it feels like the game will be available for purchase sometime before Christmas 2014. It could come out next month, it could come out December 24, 2014...we will just have to see.

Post #: 3360
Page:   <<   < prev  110 111 [112] 113 114   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Proper Place? Page: <<   < prev  110 111 [112] 113 114   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI