Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Online game save bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Online game save bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Online game save bug - 2/14/2002 9:27:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Tom has tried to reproduce this but has been unable to. IF several groups could try this with different OS's and give a report on what is happening when this occurs and when it doesn;t and what OS you are running, it would be very helpful.

Post #: 1
- 2/14/2002 11:17:00 PM   
sebagonzalez

We are a group of almost 8 guys that play SPWAW online almost all weekends. We all have Windows Based OS´s (Windows 98, Windows ME, and so on). When one of us saves the game, the save game screen pops up 3 or 4 times (no relation between the number of times the save game screen pops up and the number of players since it happends even when we are just 2). I really know nothing about programing Paul, but i have a question....
Why does the save game feature work fine in V6.1 (using the same OS´s we are using now) and not in V7.0+. (still with the same OS´s). I find it hard of it having something to do with the OS, but, maybe i am wrong.
I recieved from a friend one of the latest (if not the latest) Mech.exe u released for betatesting, and still happends the same. Anything else u want to know, just ask.

Mierda....y ahora...que corno hago?

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 2
- 2/15/2002 1:30:00 AM   
Supervisor

Paul: Any known issues of problems with saved games in Long Campaign? It seems that some are having problems with the Long Campaign. Is it possibly related to online save bugs? This was an old issue that I thought was resolved. I'll find out version of problems in question. Here is the thread: WWII Long Campaign save problems

Post #: 3
- 2/16/2002 3:24:00 AM   
sebagonzalez

any advance or news? LA WEB DEL SPWAW http://spwaw.tripod.com/

Post #: 4
- 2/17/2002 9:28:00 PM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
Tom has tried to reproduce this but has been unable to. IF several groups could try this with different OS's and give a report on what is happening when this occurs and when it doesn;t and what OS you are running, it would be very helpful.
Play an online game, save after a turn, then make sure player 2 saves , your screen should pop up again after he/she saves. I think most people are saving again after their screen pops up the second time, which starts the whole cycle again, seems like some sort of sync problem to me?
It happens to me running windows ME [ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: Alby ]

Post #: 5
- 2/17/2002 10:17:00 PM   
Supervisor

sebagonzalez: Have your tied the 7.1 beta yet?? I've gotten initial reports of this problem being fixed with the beta by those who encountered it. If it doesn't help please send log.txt files from battle so we can debug it by seeing what's actually happening. Thanks [ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

Post #: 6
- 2/18/2002 1:24:00 AM   
sebagonzalez

Yes, tried it with Bryan Price from the IRC SPWAW Channel and still happends. He sent the "LOG.txt" file to somebody as well as other info..hope this helps. See ya.

Post #: 7
- 2/18/2002 9:01:00 AM   
heintz28

I've encoutered the same Online save trouble.
Win98 for both. we have both delete and reinstalled the game twice. no luck we will try the 7.1 beta and report back soon.
Hope it works

Post #: 8
- 2/18/2002 10:11:00 AM   
Supervisor

heintz: If the patch doesn't work please forward the log.txt file to me that are within the MatrixGames/SPWAW folder so they can be debugged. Thanks

Post #: 9
Cannot Save Lan Games - 1/14/2003 3:00:03 AM   
Zemke

We play on the lan network at work, and have had the exact same problem. I noticed the last post on this was Feb 02. Has anyone solved this issue at this time. I know we are VERY frustrated. We love the game, but if we cannot save, then what is the use.

Post #: 10
Re: Cannot Save Lan Games - 1/14/2003 3:24:36 AM   
WanhaPatu

As I said in another thread, this bug does not prevent one from saving and loading online games. You just need to copy the same savefile to all players before loading and it works.

And yes, the save -dialog pops up every time someone in the game saves. So, just save once and when you see the dialog again, press esc. Problem solved.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Online game save bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI