Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1943 Japan-- what say you! (no B. Fagan please)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no B. Fagan please) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1943 Japan-- what say you! (no B. ... - 9/3/2013 5:26:07 PM   
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

[No B. Fagan please]

Though I've been following various AAR's, I haven't gotten a good glimpse or understanding of "where you should be" as a Japanese economy and war machine by 1943. So I'm wondering-- what are your goals for Japanese production and economic numbers by 1943? 1944? What should your HI be? Your total aircraft production? There are numerous threads on understanding the Japanese economy, but what are the most realistic goals for the economy? Scenario 1 by the way...

And, are the numbers you see below way off in some way? The screenshot below is almost like an exam I am putting to the forum for a grade and most importantly, constructive criticism as Japanese War Machine student :)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by leehunt27@bloomberg.net -- 9/3/2013 6:22:43 PM >

John 21:25
Post #: 1
RE: 1943 Japan (no B. Fagan please) - 9/3/2013 5:26:34 PM   
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

and the overall Intel report

Attachment (1)

(in reply to leehunt27@bloomberg.net)
Post #: 2
RE: 1943 Japan (no B. Fagan please) - 9/3/2013 5:39:33 PM   
tigercub

like some help? if you send me your turn & password ill give you some real feed back...advice both ways. scen 2 I guess?
imagesbyvon@hotmail.com

Tigercub

< Message edited by tigercub -- 9/3/2013 5:40:19 PM >

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

Post #: 3
RE: 1943 Japan (no B. Fagan please) - 9/3/2013 5:49:34 PM   
tigercub

as soon as have 500 Engines in the pool RD gives a boost to research to all Air frames taking that engine...I am trying to do this myself to all the important ones!
Nakajima ha -35 has 12 Air frames that can get this bonus alone, happy to show my campaign
vehicles to about 140 -150

Tigercub

< Message edited by tigercub -- 9/3/2013 6:08:21 PM >

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 4
RE: 1943 Japan (no B. Fagan please) - 9/3/2013 5:58:57 PM   
SenToku

I am no real expert and I am sure real experts will give you exact numbers, but to me your engine pools seem bit shallow.

To have more than 500 engines in pool boosts your R&D on planetypes using that engine. Pools will also allow you to move from one plane type to new one more easily, since you can move engine factories to new type and under-produce older engine types for a while without any drop in plane production numbers and if you got any extra engines left in pool in 1944, they can esily be converted to kamikaze planes, with 1/2 the HI cost of building them from scratch.

Personally I would build pools with at least Ha-33, Ha-35 and Ha-45 (when it becomes available) as these cover most of the important plane models of endgame.

Vehicle numbers are bit low too. Perhaps expanding some vehicle factories? Not so sure about HI either, but I leave that to expert. I would spend those Naval Shipyard points though. No point leaving them in pool until the end.

Post #: 5
RE: 1943 Japan (no B. Fagan please) - 9/3/2013 6:12:44 PM   
Lokasenna

Your total Oil and Fuel numbers concern me somewhat. How many days of Oil do you have left at full capacity? How long can you keep the HI churning out points? Screenshots of the Tracker WITP Chart, and the Oil & Res/Supply & Fuel tabs would be nice. Your Fuel total is probably low because of your extended operations around Noumea.

I agree that your engine production seems low, but if you are tight on HI (from being tight on oil/fuel) I'm not sure you should do anything about it at this point. Maybe, so you can ensure having engines once you start getting strat bombed?

Your supply level looks fine, but I want to see the trend in the Global tab of Tracker's information.

Your NavSY has a lot of points in the pool. What's your ship production look like? Do you really need 10k points?

(in reply to SenToku)
Post #: 6
RE: 1943 Japan (no B. Fagan please) - 9/3/2013 6:33:26 PM   
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Ok thanks, so so far: oil low, fuel low. Engines and vehicles way low. NavSY probably high, gonna check against needed production and adjust the surplus into engine production.

I am almost done getting Tracker working, I have a question posted on the tracker forum about which version of Java 6 is needed (mine says the registry is 1.7 and off from 1.6 etc).

What are some numbers for total aircraft/engine production you think are good? What is the target HI? I have not expanded.

The extended operations around Noumea definitely depleted my fuel significantly. I now have convoys rushing as much oil and fuel back to Japan as possible, while a few convoys are bringing fuel to Truk to gas up the fleet. There will be no more extended operations though-- from now on I am going to operate on "interior lines" and try to keep the fleet ready to strike, as opposed to sailing around constantly.

Tigercub- thank you. Just sent you the turn, and would love to see a successful Japanese economic turn if possible.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 7
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/3/2013 7:43:03 PM   
SqzMyLemon

By the end of 42 my goals are these:

HI 1,000,000
Resources 10,000,000 (in the Home Islands)
Naval Shipyard points 0
Merchant Shipyard points 0
Vehicles 25k
Armaments 100k

Fuel is hard to gage, in my opinion is it depends where it is. You have been using it for Fleet operations which burns through it pretty quickly. Your oil does seem low, but that's a never ending spiral in my experience. Many damaged production facilities early?

I'd turn off your naval yards and use up that surplus. I also try to stockpile engines as others have suggested for the research bonus. You may find you run into trouble in late 43 being able to replace losses. Then again, if you've been conservative with your early aircraft and planning on ramping up once you are producing better fighters I get that. I believe in expanding early though so that my supply goes to fighting and repairing factories when I need it most in the later years, not trying to expand factories and build up pools when I'm fighting at the same time.

I notice you are producing only 180 Ha-34's yet need 272 per/month with your current airframe totals. It doesn't show your Ha-43 production, but I'd say your Ha-45 is way too low. You'll have a hard time upgrading units quickly to newer airframes with only 30/month. I'd get the Ha-43 and Ha-45 numbers up as quickly as possible. If you want to keep your 30(0) Ha-45 factory at R&D I'd switch over some other factories. For example I have 3x2 factories R&D'ing each engine. It really depends on your strategy though so you have to base the numbers of engines and aircraft on your play style. Play conservative and less aggressive, less aircraft and engines needed, plan on lots of heavy fighting, get those numbers up.

I've never reached beyond May 1943 so can't help you further unfortunately.

< Message edited by SqzMyLemon -- 9/3/2013 9:00:31 PM >

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

Post #: 8
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/3/2013 8:24:19 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SqzMyLemon
I notice you are producing only 180 Ha-34's yet need 202 per/month with your current airframe totals. It doesn't show your Ha-43 production, but I'd say your Ha-45 is way too low. You'll have a hard time upgrading units quickly to newer airframes with only 30/month. I'd get the Ha-43 and Ha-45 numbers up as quickly as possible. If you want to keep your 30(0) Ha-45 factory at R&D I'd switch over some other factories. For example I have 3x2 factories R&D'ing each engine. It really depends on your strategy though so you have to base the numbers of engines and aircraft on your play style. Play conservative and less aggressive, less aircraft and engines needed, plan on lots of heavy fighting, get those numbers up.

I concur with the comments listed above. You've some work to do to rationalize your production. Greater emphasis on engines used / demand, maximize engine research, etc.

As an example of your engine:airframe mismatch, the Ha-34 production is instructive. SqzMyLemon is close to the mark, but you're producing 180 Ha-34s with demand for 272 (the Helens use two per airframe-when repaired, 57x2=114 plus your Tojos).

Your production of Betties and Topsy-IIs seems inordinately high. I can't judge your research efforts because of the limited screen grab, but they seem 'light' in mid-war research commitments too.

I don't use tracker, but instead rely on a variety of stock screens for my economics. Seems to work with the exception of knowing how much oil/fuel/resources per se are on the home islands, number of turns remaining for available supplies and trend lines. That would be helpful, but it's not mandatory. If you're interested in reviewing how I manage, PM me and maybe we can Skype through it or something.

ETA: As for a grade? I'll give you an "I" for incomplete. Too many questions and blanks to give you a final grade.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 9/3/2013 8:28:16 PM >

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 9
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/3/2013 8:56:51 PM   
fcharton

Hi,

I'm at the end of 1942 too, but scenario 2 (and PDU off), so I can't judge on supplies, oil and fuel, but here's my take on the industry. (by the way could you show figures from Tracker? The industry totals you posted do not differenciate between factories stopped and producing).

I would say you're a bit low on HI. I'm over 2 millions, but you need more HI in scen 2, because of the pilot training costs, and you have more oil and fuel to pay for it. I believe 1 million is a minimum in scenario 1.

On the other hand, your plane and engine production is very low (I'm about twice as many as yours). This shows in your pools (notably engine) which are a bit low. I would invest a bit more on research too.

You apparently have kept the default armament and vehicle settings. As a result, you have too much armament, and not enough vehicles. You can stop all armament factories for a while (150k points is a lot). In the long run, you probably need about 200 armament factories producing. On the other hand, you need more vehicles, 200 to 300 factories, depending on how much you use your tanks in China. HI wise, this should be neutral.

Your low HI stocks probably result from ship building (that's the prime use for HI in the game). The 10K naval points you have in stock prove that you have too many naval shipyards producing, you can stop a few. If you are playing stock, you can also halt a lot of merchant programs. You may need the tankers (all or some, depending on your current losses), and some tenders, but most of cargoes (and even some transports) are not useful, and most late war programs are just VP for your opponent (you won't have fuel to move them anyway), and a waste of HI. This is the key to saving HI.

The same can be said about naval programs. By the VP figures, lots of ships seem to have been sunk on both sides, so you might not want to halt everything, but again, 1943 is the time when quite a few late war programs (subs and the like) begin being built, and you might want to have a look, and decide those you want to keep, and those you can halt. This means you can probably close a lot of shipyards.

Hope this helps
Francois

< Message edited by fcharton -- 9/3/2013 9:05:22 PM >

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 10
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/3/2013 9:02:53 PM   
SqzMyLemon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

SqzMyLemon is close to the mark, but you're producing 180 Ha-34s with demand for 272 (the Helens use two per airframe-when repaired, 57x2=114 plus your Tojos).

Oopsie, a little manual math miscalculation there, good catch poultrylad ;). shows how calculator dependent I've become.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 11
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/3/2013 10:18:26 PM   
MDDgames

My .02:

First off, you have 10,000+ points of unspent Naval Production. Start accelerating your carriers and DDs. And if you have spares, at LEAST your I-400 class subs if not more.

You have nearly half a million HI. Start expanding your industry. First off, you vehicles are too low. Expand them by at least 28, and frankly, I would set them up by 78.

While I cant see all your engine requirements, I can say that your Ha45 production is WAY to low. These engines are used for Franks.

Heres a sample of mine in Jun 42:

Send me your game/password to gamemdd@gmail.com and I would be happy to take a look and give you my recommendations.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MDDgames -- 9/3/2013 10:22:51 PM >

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 12
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/3/2013 10:58:13 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDDgames

My .02:

First off, you have 10,000+ points of unspent Naval Production. Start accelerating your carriers and DDs. And if you have spares, at LEAST your I-400 class subs if not more.

You have nearly half a million HI. Start expanding your industry. First off, you vehicles are too low. Expand them by at least 28, and frankly, I would set them up by 78.

While I cant see all your engine requirements, I can say that your Ha45 production is WAY to low. These engines are used for Franks.

Heres a sample of mine in Jun 42:

Send me your game/password to gamemdd@gmail.com and I would be happy to take a look and give you my recommendations.

Likewise.

(in reply to MDDgames)
Post #: 13
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/3/2013 11:08:05 PM   
MDDgames

Keep in mind the fact that your HI is going to go to zero on the first of every month, so dont think that you are going to build up a surplus. To that end, you really only need enough HI for the factories that you have running, anything more than that is a waste. Supply is a non-factor as far as heavy industry is concerned. You have enough HI to expand your air production by A LOT.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 14
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/3/2013 11:59:31 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Keep in mind the fact that your HI is going to go to zero on the first of every month, so dont think that you are going to build up a surplus. To that end, you really only need enough HI for the factories that you have running, anything more than that is a waste. Supply is a non-factor as far as heavy industry is concerned. You have enough HI to expand your air production by A LOT.

HI stores do not drop to zero at the beginning of every month. There are some monthly costs (particularly for pilots), but HI does not go to zero-or at least it shouldn't. Producing surplus HI for 'banking' is an important aspect of maintaining the war economy deep into the war. Adding to the HI surplus is like putting money in the bank, and is not a waste IMO.

(in reply to MDDgames)
Post #: 15
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/4/2013 12:45:49 AM   
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Awesome gentlemen, this is extremely helpful. The sample screenshot is great too.

I feel like I have a decent chance in this game, and I really don't want to have my inexperience managing the economy to be what hurts the Empire, after I sunk enough US carriers to hold naval superiority till at least late 1943 and have built up a decent defense ring around the inner Empire. Thus your advice is greatly appreciated and will hopefully keep the war machine running properly :)

< Message edited by leehunt27@bloomberg.net -- 9/4/2013 12:46:08 AM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 16
RE: 1943 Japan (no B. Fagan please) - 9/4/2013 1:11:03 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Ok thanks, so so far: oil low, fuel low. Engines and vehicles way low. NavSY probably high, gonna check against needed production and adjust the surplus into engine production.

I am almost done getting Tracker working, I have a question posted on the tracker forum about which version of Java 6 is needed (mine says the registry is 1.7 and off from 1.6 etc).

Posted in Tracker Forum for you ...

Post #: 17
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/4/2013 6:21:13 AM   
SenToku

quote:

My .02:

I know this is bit OT for this thread, but why I-400s?

(in reply to MDDgames)
Post #: 18
RE: 1943 Japan (no B. Fagan please) - 9/4/2013 6:49:55 AM   
Knyvet

Keep in mind production management is linked to your short and long term strategic plans - especially your defensive perimeter plan.

Below is the historic perimeter plan.  If you expand further into Darwin/Northern/Western Australia, south of the Solomons and/or into Ceylon, you will expend far more resources early than the average bear in an effort to slow down the pace of the inevitable allied wave.

In my current game (DaBabes Scen 2 PDU on) I am in Dec. 42.  I scored early victories against Allied carriers so I expanded my perimeter and have build up a significant victory point lead.  This comes, however, at a cost of stockpiling HI, oil, and fuel that can help assure you don't crash the economy in 44.

In sum, your strategic plan and how well you have done up to this point in executing your plan massively impacts your stockpiling, production, and loss stats.  Be careful about comparing your numbers to someone who has a very different strategic plan. Even if different, however, comparisons can be very helpful and there are some great players who will take the time to give insights and share experiences.

The bottom line, however, is what do the victory points look like on the last day and did you do better job of fighting ww2 than Japan (your goal cannot be "defeating" the allies in terms of taking and holding a lot of territory - that is impossible).

Managing the Jap economy is one of several games within the game (another one is China) and it is a ton of fun!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 19
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/4/2013 6:55:29 AM   
Lokasenna

They cost the same to build (33) as the other IJ subs and the Rule of Cool. The I-400s carry 3 float planes and come equipped with radars. They also have 8 tubes in the front, but that's less important than their 31000 Endurance. Yes, 31000. They can stay out forever. They also use less fuel for this Endurance (Tracker says 900 Fuel full load, compared to your other Glen subs that carry 827 Fuel to go 14000 Endurance - pretty much double the fuel efficiency).

I would argue that the other float plane boats are worth building as well, at least some of them, as you're bound to lose them throughout the war. And their recon/search abilities are very useful.

(in reply to SenToku)
Post #: 20
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/4/2013 7:39:02 AM   
SenToku

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

They cost the same to build (33) as the other IJ subs and the Rule of Cool. The I-400s carry 3 float planes and come equipped with radars. They also have 8 tubes in the front, but that's less important than their 31000 Endurance. Yes, 31000. They can stay out forever. They also use less fuel for this Endurance (Tracker says 900 Fuel full load, compared to your other Glen subs that carry 827 Fuel to go 14000 Endurance - pretty much double the fuel efficiency).

I would argue that the other float plane boats are worth building as well, at least some of them, as you're bound to lose them throughout the war. And their recon/search abilities are very useful.

I agree with A/B/AM types (the ones with floatplanes) being usefull, but feel that I-400 is waste of resources and was just wondering if there was any special use for them that I had missed.

In my experience the planes on Sen Tokus don't get any more air time than Glens on A/B types - which means almost never. As for the Rule of Cool, that I get (as my nick states), but game wise I-400 boats have durability of smaller A/B/C type boats, but are far less agile thus being hit by every DE in game with full complement of DC's. And suberb range is hardly needed in 1944 as enemy is on the next island.

If you got extra NavSy points and want to accel some subs, I think I-201 (Sen Taka) class would be better bet. Best Mvr rating of any sub in the game and more durable than A/B/C or Sen Toku. Range limited, but 8000 is still enough to hunt anywhere in Pacific. Most importantly type can still do some damage even against heavy US ASW defences and comes with two radars. Also Ha-200 (STS type) is worth taking a look.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 21
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/4/2013 2:19:41 PM   
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Strategically- I've been following the playbook from a Chickenboy recommendation: (see link http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Military-Strategy-Pacific-War/dp/074255340X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378299335&sr=8-1&keywords=japanese+strategy+in+the+pacific)

and its been working very well. That is definitely why i'd like to be sure my economy functions as the Allied counteroffensive grows. 85% of my subs are rotating off California and I've sunk at least a few dozen Allied merchant ships. I have been very conservative with choosing when and where to use my air force, and that may explain why I am "behind" on production- because I haven't used up too many planes, and haven't felt the need, yet. The KB is alive and well and a deterrent my opponent appears to take seriously.

My Empire's borders are currently similar to the historical zone, except that I took parts of New Caledonia and Luganville. The Japanese still hold them, though I've basically written off the 1,000 AV or so down there and the fleet and air force have pulled long since pulled out. Burma is under pressure with an early Allied offensive all along the jungle, so I'm spending political points to shift China-based troops out to Mandalay to try and stalemate the British. In China I've captured several thousand AV, and don't face any serious threat for a while. The DEI main bases are strong. In the central Pacific the KB (still intact) menaces any allied advance. American troops are advancing through New Guinea slowly, and I may not be able to really stop that. I've drawn my real defensive perimeter back a little bit from New Guinea so I don't make the mistakes as the Japanese historically (Guadacanal etc). Again I am following a conservative playbook, hoarding my forces and trying to make each punch count while digging in massively to the rear.

I've implemented most of the changes recommended here and in private emails so far.

(in reply to SenToku)
Post #: 22
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/4/2013 3:48:55 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: SenToku

quote:

I agree with A/B/AM types (the ones with floatplanes) being usefull, but feel that I-400 is waste of resources and was just wondering if there was any special use for them that I had missed.

In my experience the planes on Sen Tokus don't get any more air time than Glens on A/B types - which means almost never. As for the Rule of Cool, that I get (as my nick states), but game wise I-400 boats have durability of smaller A/B/C type boats, but are far less agile thus being hit by every DE in game with full complement of DC's. And suberb range is hardly needed in 1944 as enemy is on the next island.

If you got extra NavSy points and want to accel some subs, I think I-201 (Sen Taka) class would be better bet. Best Mvr rating of any sub in the game and more durable than A/B/C or Sen Toku. Range limited, but 8000 is still enough to hunt anywhere in Pacific. Most importantly type can still do some damage even against heavy US ASW defences and comes with two radars. Also Ha-200 (STS type) is worth taking a look.

It is true that they are much less maneuverable, however with a capacity of 3 even if the planes don't fly as often, you should get more in the air (2 instead of 1, for example, with a setting of 50 NavS/50 Rest). Because of the same durability/maneuver 50 (instead of 57+) they definitely aren't really combat boats, but just recon. Their fuel efficiency and same durability (therefore same build time and NavSY investment) says to me that if anything, they're cheaper than A/B/AM boats.

The Ha-200...I haven't seen a Downfall-type situation yet, but that's the only place I can see where they might be useful. Next to no armament, but they do have radar...useful pickets/tripwires, maybe?

(in reply to SenToku)
Post #: 23
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/4/2013 4:02:15 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Strategically- I've been following the playbook from a Chickenboy recommendation: (see link http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Military-Strategy-Pacific-War/dp/074255340X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378299335&sr=8-1&keywords=japanese+strategy+in+the+pacific)

and its been working very well. That is definitely why i'd like to be sure my economy functions as the Allied counteroffensive grows. 85% of my subs are rotating off California and I've sunk at least a few dozen Allied merchant ships. I have been very conservative with choosing when and where to use my air force, and that may explain why I am "behind" on production- because I haven't used up too many planes, and haven't felt the need, yet. The KB is alive and well and a deterrent my opponent appears to take seriously.

My Empire's borders are currently similar to the historical zone, except that I took parts of New Caledonia and Luganville. The Japanese still hold them, though I've basically written off the 1,000 AV or so down there and the fleet and air force have pulled long since pulled out. Burma is under pressure with an early Allied offensive all along the jungle, so I'm spending political points to shift China-based troops out to Mandalay to try and stalemate the British. In China I've captured several thousand AV, and don't face any serious threat for a while. The DEI main bases are strong. In the central Pacific the KB (still intact) menaces any allied advance. American troops are advancing through New Guinea slowly, and I may not be able to really stop that. I've drawn my real defensive perimeter back a little bit from New Guinea so I don't make the mistakes as the Japanese historically (Guadacanal etc). Again I am following a conservative playbook, hoarding my forces and trying to make each punch count while digging in massively to the rear.

I've implemented most of the changes recommended here and in private emails so far.

Also, if you take a look at the thread GreyJoy started on the cost to rebuild an LCU... you might want to rebuild some of that 1,000 AV. It'll cost you a pittance of PPs (less than 100), and if the unit is mostly squads, very little in the way of armaments and therefore HI. Just make sure you buy the unit out of its restricted command right away, or you'll end up paying more than the pittance.

Post #: 24
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/7/2013 12:48:04 AM   
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Here's a proper screenshot of the 1943 Japanese economy from Tracker (finally got it working, thanks Damian). I think I have an HI problem, though this is my first time reading this Witp chart screen:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by leehunt27@bloomberg.net -- 9/7/2013 12:49:41 AM >

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 25
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/7/2013 4:28:14 AM   
Lokasenna

You appear to have approx. 200 days until you're out of stockpiled Oil (less, really, when you consider that it isn't all where you need it) and then your excess Fuel each turn is going to drop by over 1/3. You'll have to massively curtail fleet operations, or else turn HI (and other stuff) off.

You can definitely turn off all of your armaments factories. You have plenty of points. Look at the "LCU Production" in the drop down, and go to charts. Look at the Armaments one. I bet you're way above the curve there (the blue diagonal line is your pool + production). I bet you're way under on vehicles.

Still, you could double Vehicle Pts production, cut off Armaments, and save more than 3k more HI per turn. That chart says you have ~8800 extra HI per turn, but I'm curious as to what you're actually banking. At 8800 per turn, and 23k per month for pilots, your 490k only represents 2-ish months of saving up HI.

What are your plane pools like? How is your air R&D, if that's important to you? I think you should be building a large pool of several planes to be able to put up some kind of resistance once he gets all of his airpower.

Just a couple thoughts. Happy to provide more later.

Post #: 26
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/7/2013 6:32:29 AM   
SqzMyLemon

Hi leehunt,

It looks like you expanded a number of armament factories, you really don't need to expand them. You have plenty in the pool now so I'd recommend turning them all off in the short term and stopping the repairs. You'll save huge amounts of HI. Pick a level you want to maintain and go with it. Vehicle points are low of course and you need to get that pool up. It's not just tanks we are talking here, but motorized support for many of your units.

I know you're getting tons of advice. Just wanted to mention about the armaments.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 27
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/7/2013 8:23:27 AM   
inqistor

The problem with production is that order at which things are produced is random every turn. That means, that if you have few spare engines in pool, does not mean, that your planes actually were produced, because engines could be made AFTER factory tried to make new planes. I see from those screens, that you probably missed lots of planes.

quote:

quote:

Those planes from I-400 are NOT FPs, they are actually Float Capable Torpedo Bombers!
I have not tried if they actually work, but think of the possibilities! Like catching heavy damaged CV in port at West Coast (preferably at night, as 3 planes will hardly survive any CAP)

(in reply to SenToku)
Post #: 28
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/7/2013 9:31:34 AM   
btbw

Dont build subs with low maneur, low speed. low endurance, low numbers of TT and low depth. It just waste of HI and VP gift to enemy.
I-400 from this list.
Arm need to be around 300-350. Veh 100-150. Continously. You can calculate with tracker what amount you need till end of war and 4x it (for restore loses).
If you send save file with pass - i can look deeper.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 29
RE: 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no... - 9/7/2013 4:21:13 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

The problem with production is that order at which things are produced is random every turn. That means, that if you have few spare engines in pool, does not mean, that your planes actually were produced, because engines could be made AFTER factory tried to make new planes. I see from those screens, that you probably missed lots of planes.

quote:

quote:

Those planes from I-400 are NOT FPs, they are actually Float Capable Torpedo Bombers!
I have not tried if they actually work, but think of the possibilities! Like catching heavy damaged CV in port at West Coast (preferably at night, as 3 planes will hardly survive any CAP)

They were originally built with a strike on Panama in mind, but that plan was pretty much abandoned. Hence the insane Endurance levels, and 3-plane capacity.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> 1943 Japan-- what say you! (no B. Fagan please) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI