Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

News for GWTC??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> News for GWTC?? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
News for GWTC?? - 9/10/2013 2:21:06 PM   
Af1352pasha

Past several weeks from announcement.

We are still waiting for detail information, some screen shot and report of developing.

There is a big question. When this game will be release? as mentioned some where in Forum in the vicinity of 2014? or we shall wait?

Important any detail about the amount of maps, is that similar to panther in fog with about 356 maps or same as LSA with more than 60 maps?

We wish to see somethings especial for this final module.
Post #: 1
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/10/2013 5:37:12 PM   
SteveMcClaire

We don't have an announced release date at this time. I will see what we can do about a few more bones, though.

The number of maps will be more like Panthers in the Fog.

Steve

(in reply to Af1352pasha)
Post #: 2
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/11/2013 2:00:20 AM   
Cathartes

Here's a small bone, quality is not the best, did what I could with the new limitations on file size upload:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/11/2013 2:10:03 AM   
Kanov

Nice!

If you're taking requests, I would very much like to see a vehicle line up!

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 4
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/11/2013 6:46:30 AM   
Tejszd

Thanks for the preview pic Cathartes!

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 5
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/19/2013 12:09:46 PM   
Conrad mana

Hi guys,

Here's a preview of the latest effects, ofcourse there's much more and I hope to show a few more within a video capture soon.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 6
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/19/2013 4:40:28 PM   
Kanov

They look cool. I like the big smoke plume.

(in reply to Conrad mana)
Post #: 7
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/19/2013 9:56:47 PM   
Cathartes

gonna do a quick reminder that all you see is a work in progress and not necessarily the end deal

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 8
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/20/2013 5:11:31 PM   
Kanov

Did you guys actually designed and made the explosion graphics? what was the process like?

Any fix or new feature that is going to be available with this game?

Thanks.

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 9
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/21/2013 8:50:58 AM   
Conrad mana

Hi kanov,

yes I created the explosions (with 3D software) and Carthartes made them work internally, I'm amazed about how much he knows about the game's internal functions. No surprise since he's been here since the beginning, it's really a pleasure to work with him!

For as far I can say there are some fixes but for now I can't be too specific about the details.

Edit: There's a topic I've created about creating complex objects, although there are no tutorials yet (published); It's my intention to add a few tutorials after the GtC project is finished. Feel free to add a few requests so I can add them to my list.

Link to topic

< Message edited by Conrad mana -- 9/21/2013 9:01:13 AM >

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 10
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/21/2013 4:33:00 PM   
Kanov

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it.

It would be cool if you could incorporate the 3D based soldier sprite you made, it was really something.

Post #: 11
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/21/2013 4:34:23 PM   
wodin

If you up the Inf survivability upto CC2 levels I may consider buying. Inf having a major impact and being able to do things wihtout dropping like flies is what made CC stand out from all other RTS games. CC2 had superb long lasting and intense firefights.

Post #: 12
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/22/2013 8:22:25 AM   
Conrad mana

Hi Wodin,

I agree with that wodin, we'll just have to see what the beta-testers have to say as well.

Cc2 was the first cc title I purchased (back in 1997) and I'm really inspired by the quality of the game, so I guess we're on the same page.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 13
RE: News for GWTC?? - 9/22/2013 8:14:23 PM   
Tejszd

I'm for increasing infantry survivability but only when it makes sense. An mg on a squad without cover should very quickly eliminate/hit most of them....

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 9/22/2013 10:33:13 PM >

Post #: 14
RE: News for GWTC?? - 10/29/2013 1:29:17 AM   
jpinard

Is this based on the Panthers in the Fog engine? I was thinking of getting back into Close Combat but it has been a long, long time and didn't know if I should wait for this or get the PntF. If PitF looks this nice I think I'll get it while waiting.

Any possibility of doing Kursk? Or something with lots of artillery or tanks?

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 15
RE: News for GWTC?? - 10/29/2013 3:10:18 AM   
Tejszd

Yes, this release will use the. PiTF CC engine (maybe with some small code changes) is what I understand....

(in reply to jpinard)
Post #: 16
RE: News for GWTC?? - 1/2/2014 10:26:56 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

If you up the Inf survivability upto CC2 levels I may consider buying. Inf having a major impact and being able to do things wihtout dropping like flies is what made CC stand out from all other RTS games. CC2 had superb long lasting and intense firefights.

Close Combat isn't a RTS game. You don't have base-building and the missions happen clearly on tactical level.

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 17
RE: News for GWTC?? - 1/5/2014 1:02:32 AM   
Saturnian

Please make it so soldiers who are shooting pistols actually are shooting pistols and so that surrendered soldiers don't walk around with guns.

also in PITF when a soldier gets shot while laying down there is no transition from live to dead, which used to exist in older games.

Really I do not understand why CC has gone so long without updating soldier animations. It seems like instead of perfecting the animations more flaws have developed and good features go missing, which really cheapens the play. Soldier animations look cruddy. Not a big deal because gameplay is what is most important, but CC has had like 15 years to be improve the otherwise most realistic soldiers in any game in history and for some reason it hasn't happened

maybe I am being a little harsh but I remember thinking they could have done better with the animations when cc2 came out!

thanks!

< Message edited by Saturnian -- 1/5/2014 2:07:09 AM >

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 18
RE: News for GWTC?? - 1/5/2014 2:12:32 AM   
SteveMcClaire

The are two main reason the soldier animations have never been redone -- the main one is the sheer work involved. They are all done frame by frame, meaning there are several thousand frames that would have to be redone to create new animations. The second reason is the small pixel size available in the game engine. The soldiers are about 20 pixels in height, which doesn't leave a lot of room for improvement.

Steve

(in reply to Saturnian)
Post #: 19
RE: News for GWTC?? - 1/6/2014 1:23:04 AM   
CGGrognard

Those shell craters look nice, especially the big ones. Finally a shell crater that offers some protection for infantry.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

Post #: 20
RE: News for GWTC?? - 1/9/2014 5:40:17 PM   
wodin

I owned all the old CC games from 2 upwards to know it has no base building. However it's still a real time strategy game. Or to be nit picky real time tactical game..however as that isn't known as a genre then CC falls under the RTS genre. However this is getting to pedantic and Aspergers like;).

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Close Combat isn't a RTS game. You don't have base-building and the missions happen clearly on tactical level.

< Message edited by wodin -- 1/9/2014 6:43:20 PM >

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 21
RE: News for GWTC?? - 3/6/2014 8:04:14 PM   
octyss

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

We don't have an announced release date at this time. I will see what we can do about a few more bones, though.

The number of maps will be more like Panthers in the Fog.

Steve

Any news about the release date ?

Post #: 22
RE: News for GWTC?? - 3/9/2014 4:18:41 PM   
Cathartes

I suspect there will be more information coming soon.

(in reply to octyss)
Post #: 23
RE: News for GWTC?? - 3/10/2014 9:06:39 PM   
octyss

A small bone for march ?

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 24
RE: News for GWTC?? - 3/12/2014 9:37:40 PM   
octyss

Maybe I asked too much? Perhaps everyone is very busy, or there is a possibility that the game will be released after the deadline announced by the first quarter of this year.
So I'm going to ask something else.
I was thinking that a good idea would be that at higher difficulty levels, instead of forming teams of two soldiers would be better would if you reduce the number of platoons available for each regiment.

(in reply to octyss)
Post #: 25
RE: News for GWTC?? - 3/13/2014 6:22:32 AM   
Af1352pasha

surly we shall wait after summer , there is no any news to show progress going well.

(in reply to octyss)
Post #: 26
RE: News for GWTC?? - 3/13/2014 7:46:11 AM   
Conrad mana

You'll hear more news very soon

(in reply to Af1352pasha)
Post #: 27
RE: News for GWTC?? - 3/13/2014 7:40:23 PM   
Cathartes

quote:

ORIGINAL: octyss

Maybe I asked too much? Perhaps everyone is very busy, or there is a possibility that the game will be released after the deadline announced by the first quarter of this year.
So I'm going to ask something else.
I was thinking that a good idea would be that at higher difficulty levels, instead of forming teams of two soldiers would be better would if you reduce the number of platoons available for each regiment.

Busy, yes. We never set a deadline, just aiming for a target. We do want to get you something that is properly tested. As Conrad mentioned, I suspect you will hear more substantive news very soon.

Regarding difficulty levels and reducing platoons: it's an interesting idea, but would require greater code changes to the engine that are not practical to pursue at this point in time.

(in reply to octyss)
Post #: 28
RE: News for GWTC?? - 3/13/2014 9:57:39 PM   
octyss

Thanks for the replies, I understand what you mean.
In any case a launch close to "blody first" is not good news
Who wants a facelift instead of something new ?

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 29
RE: News for GWTC?? - 3/14/2014 7:56:59 AM   
Conrad mana

quote:

ORIGINAL: octyss

Thanks for the replies, I understand what you mean.
In any case a launch close to "blody first" is not good news
Who wants a facelift instead of something new ?

Good feedback Octyss. Our estimate is that some people wil prefer the new and some prefering the old style.

I beleive there is always room to celebrate and improve the old style whereas 'The Bloody First' wil shed new light on the series. Because the new unity engine fits the contemporary gaming audience.

< Message edited by Conrad mana -- 3/14/2014 8:58:07 AM >

(in reply to octyss)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> News for GWTC?? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI