Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Final Request for testers!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Final Request for testers! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Final Request for testers! - 9/9/2013 6:24:00 PM   
IainMcNeil

Hi guys

we are doing a final recruitment drive for testers for multiplayer World in Flames. We are using the new automated beta system so its a painless process!

Just sign up here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/beta/

We only have a few weeks left so the more the merrier!

We'll be adding the first batch before the end of the week!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Post #: 1
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/9/2013 8:31:58 PM   
GenChaos33

Am I the only one getting an error when I go to the link?

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 2
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/9/2013 8:41:43 PM   
Orm

I just tested it and got an error as well.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 3
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/9/2013 8:49:39 PM   
composer99

Turned up fine for me.

Now the question... do I sign up as a beta tester (after all this time)...?

~ Composer99

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 4
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/9/2013 9:08:50 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeneralChaos

Am I the only one getting an error when I go to the link?

It worked correctly for me (although I didn't sign up as a beta tester).

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 5
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/10/2013 3:46:15 PM   
Le Grand Condé

Ditto for me :tried many times to submit the form but each time I got an error : "error checking your login credentials"

However, my login is still valid as evidenced by this post

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 6
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/10/2013 6:43:41 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Le Grand Condé

Ditto for me :tried many times to submit the form but each time I got an error : "error checking your login credentials"

However, my login is still valid as evidenced by this post

I've asked Iain to look into this.

Steve

(in reply to Le Grand Condé)
Post #: 7
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/10/2013 6:57:28 PM   
typhoon

Didn't work for me yesterday but better luck today :-)

Post #: 8
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/10/2013 8:57:48 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: typhoon

Didn't work for me yesterday but better luck today :-)

Well that's good news.

If anyone has trouble with accessing the posted site, please add a post to this thread to that effect. We'll see what we can do about fixing the problem.

Steve

(in reply to typhoon)
Post #: 9
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/11/2013 8:40:46 AM   
Le Grand Condé

Still unlucky today...
Would it be possible to apply through another channel (pm, email...) ?

Post #: 10
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/11/2013 9:25:50 AM   
IainMcNeil

Hmmmm - this is working fine for me guys. Can you take a screenshot and post it so I can see the error and let me know exactly which page you're having the problem on.

If you had problems can you retry and let me know.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Post #: 11
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/11/2013 10:09:09 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

I just tested it and got an error as well.

It now works for me.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 12
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/11/2013 2:32:07 PM   
Le Grand Condé

Not sure about the method to embed an image, so here is the description of the problem: I get the error message "Error checking forum login credentials." after I submit the form with the apply button even though my login is ok.

In the form, my login is then set to "Le Grand Condé" and the password is blanked.
Maybe the root cause of my problem is the é special caracter, depending on how caracter coding is set at the form level? (I had been told many times at school I should only use the ASCII set of caracters . I guess that was the reason why)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 13
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/11/2013 3:11:18 PM   
Easo79

quote:

Not sure about the method to embed an image, so here is the description of the problem: I get the error message "Error checking forum login credentials." after I submit the form with the apply button even though my login is ok.

In the form, my login is then set to "Le Grand Condé" and the password is blanked.
Maybe the root cause of my problem is the é special caracter, depending on how caracter coding is set at the form level? (I had been told many times at school I should only use the ASCII set of caracters . I guess that was the reason why)

Yes, that is why I did not write Mònica when I made my inscription at this forum. Just in case the "ò" would appear as a bizarre character on the other people's screens...

PS: your é looks nice on my screen...are you French? Grand-grand-grand-grand son of the victor at Rocroi?

< Message edited by Easo79 -- 9/11/2013 3:16:15 PM >

Post #: 14
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/11/2013 3:39:17 PM   
brian brian

quote:

ORIGINAL: composer99

Now the question... do I sign up as a beta tester (after all this time)...?

preparing to head out to a job site for a couple weeks where I will feel fortunate if my phone can pull up the weather forecast every day, or I would have done this long ago.

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 15
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/11/2013 3:52:03 PM   
Easo79

Can the beta testers post After Action Reports?

Can we the people encourage them to do so?

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 16
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/11/2013 4:08:08 PM   
Le Grand Condé

quote:

ORIGINAL: Easo79

quote:

Yes, that is why I did not write Mònica when I made my inscription at this forum. Just in case the "ò" would appear as a bizarre character on the other people's screens...

PS: your é looks nice on my screen...are you French? Grand-grand-grand-grand son of the victor at Rocroi?

Yes I am French but I am less certain about my filiation with the victor of Rocroi .
I was born in Chantilly (home of the Condé family) and I even lived in an appartment building named after "Le Grand Condé" hence the login.

It looks like the forum works well with "é", "è" or "ç". The problem might be with the beta tester subscription form which does not seem to accept such characters

(in reply to Easo79)
Post #: 17
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/11/2013 6:46:47 PM   
Orm

quote:

Yes. We can post such reports and encouragement might motivate someone to make a report.

(in reply to Easo79)
Post #: 18
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/11/2013 7:52:08 PM   
composer99

Having the opportunity to do up an AAR is about the only reason I'd consider applying to be a beta tester, rather than waiting for release.

(If nothing else, it would show that my actual play could do with some significant improvement, even if I look good theorycrafting (if I say so myself).)

~ Composer99

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 19
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/11/2013 10:30:34 PM   
valeryvdr

Hi Le Grand Condé, sorry for the problem with beta login. Please try again, it should work now with "é", "è" or "ç" characters as well.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 20
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/12/2013 7:30:01 AM   
Dangun

quote:

If you get accepted, there will probably be an NDA that you have to agree to.
And it will likely say no public disclosures including AARs.

There may be part of the forums made for the private use of beta testers though?
That's how other public beta tests have worked that I have participated in.

Cheers

(in reply to Easo79)
Post #: 21
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/12/2013 7:57:25 AM   
Le Grand Condé

quote:

ORIGINAL: valeryvdr

Hi Le Grand Condé, sorry for the problem with beta login. Please try again, it should work now with "é", "è" or "ç" characters as well.

I got this new message after submitting the form:
"Thank you for applying to become beta tester. We will review your application as soon as possible."

Many thanks for your help

(in reply to valeryvdr)
Post #: 22
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/12/2013 8:04:01 AM   
Extraneous

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Yes. We can post such reports and encouragement might motivate someone to make a report.

I suggest you read the agreement.

quote:

DEFINITION
In this Agreement, unless the context otherwise requires, "Confidential Information" shall mean all information and material whether commercial, financial, technical, creative or otherwise, including without limitation all secret or confidential information, of or relating to the Disclosing Party or its affiliates, suppliers and customers in whatever form supplied, together with detail of programs, software, business methods and systems, customer lists, contact information, all analyses, compilations, data, studies, the method of presentation, look and feel of presentation, or other documents prepared by the Disclosing Party and all such information, data or material prepared by the Receiving Party which are derived from or in connection with such information, data or material or which contain or are based in whole or in part upon such information and material.

quote:

EXCLUDED INFORMATION
The obligations of confidentiality set out in clauses 2 and 4 of this Agreement shall not apply to any Confidential Information that:
is the possession of the Receiving Party prior to receipt from the Disclosing Party as evidenced by its records;
is or becomes publicly known or is available to a third party, otherwise than as a consequence of a breach of this Agreement;
is disclosed by the Receiving Party to satisfy the legal demand of a competent court of law or government body, provided that the Receiving Party shall advise the Disclosing Party prior to disclosure so that the Disclosing Party has an opportunity to defend, limit or protect against such disclosure, and provided the Receiving Party will disclose only that portion of the Confidential Information which is legally required to be disclosed and the Receiving Party will exercise its reasonable efforts to obtain a protective order or other reliable assurance that confidential treatment will be accorded to any Confidential Information required to be disclosed; or
Except as provided above, the obligations of clauses 2,3,4 and 5 of this Agreement shall survive the completion of the Business Purpose or the termination for whatever reason of this Agreement unless otherwise agreed by the parties in writing.

So if you get it in writing you can post an AA report.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 23
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/12/2013 8:33:13 AM   
Joseignacio

Ok, seeing it's the Final betatest, I feel almost prone to joining. But these days I am supposed to be very busy. I'll have to give it a thought...

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 24
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/12/2013 8:48:31 AM   
Orm

quote:

I suggest you read the agreement.

I suggest that if I give an answer on wether we can post a AAR or not is based on knowledge on the subject and not a pure guess on my part.

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 25
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/12/2013 9:06:16 AM   
Le Grand Condé

I did not apply either for the first betatests because I was afraid I could not free up enough time to be an effective contributor.
This time, I think it is different: if the plan is to release the game before Xmas, I guess the idea of this last call is to allow some mass-testing before. Such tests usually require a wider panel of testers but do not require intensive activity form them as individuals - that's why I suddenly woke up after 8 years of silent wait on this forum

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 26
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/12/2013 9:13:29 AM   
Cad908

quote:

Aaron (Red Prince) did a Global War AAR a while back and I am sure it is still buried somewhere on the forum. Also, Aaron and Paul did a quick Barbarossa, again, some time ago. As I recall both were fun games.

There is no provision against doing an AAR, it is just a great deal of work. Lots of screens to process and commentary to add as World in Flames is BIG game. All the Beta Testers are volunteers and have schedules limited by work and family requirements. I have wanted to do a quick Guadalcanal, but time just seems to vanish.

Hopefully, as we get closer to release there will be some material made available. This is my MWIF world, 2 computers, 3 monitors and Germany invading Poland for the umpteenth time looking for Net Play land combat bugs. Sorry, but that is the best I can do for now.

-Rob

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Easo79)
Post #: 27
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/12/2013 6:17:21 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Rob,

If you had a mirror on that wall in front of you, it would probably shown your wife standing behind you shaking her head.

Shereen's (my wife) comment was: "But we love our husbands."

Steve

(in reply to Cad908)
Post #: 28
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/12/2013 7:54:27 PM   
Centuur

The same here, but without all that shiny set up Rob has. It's a simple Lap Top, but even so my wife tend to speak to me, when I'm testing, and I don't here anything she says at that point. Loving wifes... I think I need to buy her a large box of Belgian chocolate again, to keep the peace...

Peter

Post #: 29
RE: Final Request for testers! - 9/13/2013 12:48:44 AM   
Easo79

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cad908

quote:

Aaron (Red Prince) did a Global War AAR a while back and I am sure it is still buried somewhere on the forum. Also, Aaron and Paul did a quick Barbarossa, again, some time ago. As I recall both were fun games.

There is no provision against doing an AAR, it is just a great deal of work. Lots of screens to process and commentary to add as World in Flames is BIG game. All the Beta Testers are volunteers and have schedules limited by work and family requirements. I have wanted to do a quick Guadalcanal, but time just seems to vanish.

Hopefully, as we get closer to release there will be some material made available. This is my MWIF world, 2 computers, 3 monitors and Germany invading Poland for the umpteenth time looking for Net Play land combat bugs. Sorry, but that is the best I can do for now.

-Rob

Yes, I read that wonderful AAR and that is the reason I wanted more...but I understand your reasons. Thank you. To all beta testers my best wishes: may the Force be with you!

(in reply to Cad908)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Final Request for testers! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI