Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Nov 8th

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Nov 8th Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nov 8th - 9/13/2013 7:20:46 PM   
gridley

Soooo...who would like to play? I am not one who can play solitaire.

I have played WiF for years, but would not consider myself an expert. Especially after I visited another group playing in Ottawa a few years ago...now they were good.

I'd like to play a fairly conservative game at first to get the feel for how the game works. Especially to see how the new Chinese map effects things.

I am used to playing with Ships in Flames, Planes in Flames, and Mech in Flames counters.

We also played with many of the optional rules. One rule we did not play with, and that I would like to play with now that the computer can keep track of it, is the RAW oil option. I know this Oil rule is going to take some getting used to.

We very rarely played till the end. However, we very rarely ended a game before...I'd say mid '44. Dice have a funny way of turning the tide of many games that seemed like foregone conclusions in '42. That being said, as we get used to MWiF, I would expect more than a few early re-starts.

I am located in the Eastern Time Zone, I think GMT-4 or 5.

I don't really care what country or side.

I'm not sure if, to start, it would be best to have just 2 players or more???

With the board game we would get together 1 night a week to play. I guess with MWiF, shorter sessions more often could be doable instead. Still, one dedicated night a week seems like a good way to do it.

Anyone interested in starting to get a game organized???

Post #: 1
RE: Nov 8th - 9/13/2013 8:29:24 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: gridley

Soooo...who would like to play? I am not one who can play solitaire.

I have played WiF for years, but would not consider myself an expert. Especially after I visited another group playing in Ottawa a few years ago...now they were good.

I'd like to play a fairly conservative game at first to get the feel for how the game works. Especially to see how the new Chinese map effects things.

I am used to playing with Ships in Flames, Planes in Flames, and Mech in Flames counters.

We also played with many of the optional rules. One rule we did not play with, and that I would like to play with now that the computer can keep track of it, is the RAW oil option. I know this Oil rule is going to take some getting used to.

We very rarely played till the end. However, we very rarely ended a game before...I'd say mid '44. Dice have a funny way of turning the tide of many games that seemed like foregone conclusions in '42. That being said, as we get used to MWiF, I would expect more than a few early re-starts.

I am located in the Eastern Time Zone, I think GMT-4 or 5.

I don't really care what country or side.

I'm not sure if, to start, it would be best to have just 2 players or more???

With the board game we would get together 1 night a week to play. I guess with MWiF, shorter sessions more often could be doable instead. Still, one dedicated night a week seems like a good way to do it.

Anyone interested in starting to get a game organized???

2 players only in the initial release. I will be working on patches for a while after the initial release, and one of things will be to enable up to 6 players using NetPlay.

[I need to buy a couple more computers so I can test a 4 player game as I write and debug that code. My wife says no more computers until I get the initial release released.]

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to gridley)
Post #: 2
RE: Nov 8th - 9/14/2013 2:29:36 AM   
JimMerson

I would love to play, but have never played a game of WiF. I have read the rulebook a few times, tried to solo the Barbarosa scenario etc. But never experienced a live opponent. Let me see if I can get this thing figured out before I go off trying a game.

Jim

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
RE: Nov 8th Solitaire? - 9/18/2013 7:35:51 PM   
bosbes

Since there will be no AI available (at least not at the start), playing this pc game in solitaire will be possible?

(in reply to JimMerson)
Post #: 4
RE: Nov 8th Solitaire? - 9/18/2013 7:45:41 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: hoe ist?

Since there will be no AI available (at least not at the start), playing this pc game in solitaire will be possible?

Yes.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to bosbes)
Post #: 5
RE: Nov 8th Solitaire? - 9/19/2013 6:26:05 AM   
Neilster

quote:

It's actually a lot of fun solitaire. If there is a friend with you you can play each other on the same computer. Otherwise you can play another person if you are both online at the same time.

AI and PBEM are coming later.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to bosbes)
Post #: 6
RE: Nov 8th Solitaire? - 9/19/2013 6:43:24 PM   
bosbes

If you buy WIF now, will the AI later be included as a patch or DLC?

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 7
RE: Nov 8th Solitaire? - 9/19/2013 6:52:46 PM   
Neilster

quote:

If you buy WIF now, will the AI later be included as a patch or DLC?

It won't be free.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to bosbes)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Nov 8th Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI