Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

General issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> General issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
General issues - 1/15/2003 4:18:43 AM   
dragoniv

Those of you properly patched folks (you of the 10x game speed and 150-star galaxies), have you noticed any of the following?

* boarding disabled ships: if an enemy ship is disabled by loss of crew during a battle with a non-assault pod ship, it just sits there. When I bring a assault pod equipped ship there, it won't capture the ship until I set my ship to patrol and the enemy ship is somewhere in the patrol route (which isn't often). So...I get to see a ship that would make a nice addition to my fleet end up being a piece of space junk!

* are your rocket drives too slow? Try this: when you cancel ship navigation orders, the ship magically appears in the nearest star system. If you're careful enough, you can get to your destination far faster than by playing fair. ;) I make a killing in the early part of the game thanks to this, um, er...feature!

* computer player trading issues: other player offers advanced lightning beam for my (insert much better tech here). For grins, I agree--the game tells me I now know about advanced lighting beams, but I can't put them on my starships. Then, two months later, he comes back again and says "how about trading my advanced lightning beams for your cloning farms". For grins, I stupidly agree again, the computer again tells me I've now learned the secret of advanced lightning beams, and again I cannot add them to my ships. Maybe it's the game's way of making reparations for my sneaky navigation trick.

-Greg
Post #: 1
- 1/15/2003 10:39:29 PM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

You could always cancel your mission then click on the disabled ship, putting your hook point on it and selecting the Rescue mission.

Ships don't magically appear in the next system. Your just seeing a problem with displaying ships on the star map. When a ship is moving I have a start and end star to work with. I can then interpolate the ship's position relative the the position of the stars on the star map. When a ship isn't moving, the ship position on the star map reverts to the closest star system. The position of the stars on the star map aren't located in their true positions due to text formatting.

Is it possible that you already have a beam technology greater than the Adv. Lightning Beam?

Developer of Starships Unlimited

(in reply to dragoniv)
Post #: 2
- 1/15/2003 10:45:37 PM   
dragoniv

Regaring the lightning beam--possible.

Regarding the movement--yup, that makes sense. Seemed too good to be true.

Regarding the ship "rescue" -- does this work on enemy cruisers, too? I'll try this out the next time it happens to me--at the rate I'm playing this game, that will probably be tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the reply!

(in reply to dragoniv)
Post #: 3
- 1/16/2003 2:32:02 AM   
Anxiety

Ok, on a related, but side note....

If I have obtained let's say Advanced Lightning Beam via trade or espionage, I have seen that Advanced Lightning Beam still exists as a research option for me. At least, I think I have seen this happen... Is there some intentional reason for this? I would have thought by learning the Advanced... you would have by prerequisite learned the less-Advanced...

Or, I may just be seeing things... Anyone have any thoughts on this?
-Anxiety

(in reply to dragoniv)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> General issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI