Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

re: Mogami

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> re: Mogami Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
re: Mogami - 12/24/2002 2:33:52 AM   
Chiteng

Hey Mogami lets set up the French/Russia axis when this gets to
actual play =)
Post #: 1
French/Russian Axis - 12/24/2002 3:14:51 AM   
mogami

Hi, OK meet me in the middle of the river and we'll discuss who gets what.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 2
hehehheh - 12/24/2002 3:21:47 AM   
Chiteng

The strongest alliance is where BOTH sides have a clear profit =)

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 3
- 12/24/2002 12:24:29 PM   
denisonh

I would like to see the fool who volunteers to play Austria or Prussia against you two.....

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 4
good point - 12/24/2002 12:36:09 PM   
Chiteng

Good Point! I guess that Mogami and I will have to use code names. Like 'Alex the Wonderfull'

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 5
- 12/26/2002 12:52:52 PM   
Preuss

Mayhaps we'll have to from an Anglo-Prusso-Austro-Turkish-Spanish alliance. Any takers?

BTW...I'll take Prussia

Jesus ...., with all respect. This closet germanism is allways killing me.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 6
Russian foreign policy - 12/26/2002 9:36:30 PM   
mogami

The Russian Tsar would be very pleased to see a Austro-Prussian Alliance. This would help safeguard the borders of Russia. Russia would be willing to have Nonaggression Treaties with both parties. And would provide aid if either Nation were subject to attack from outside. Russia would view any treaty by any nation with Turkey with suspicion :eek:

The Russian people devoutly wish to restore the Church's and Holy shrines lost to the Turk. Free the city of Athens and the Balkan peoples from the despotic rule that has been imposed on them for three centuries.

With our neighbors to the north we desire secure borders and trade.

Russia would be willing to negotiate the Polish question with Prussia and Austria and abide by a compromise solution agreeable to all three Parties.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 7
- 12/27/2002 1:33:05 AM   
sol_invictus

I feel it is my duty to relay the extreme displeasure with which the Sublime Porte receives these ongoing discussions between the Infidels. As the conquerer of Byzantium and the true heir to the Roman Empire, His Most Blessed of Allah will possibly allow the governments of Prussia, Austria, and Russia to continue to exist as minor vassals of the ancestors of Osman.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 8
New Arty shell. - 12/27/2002 2:43:07 AM   
mogami

How much powder is required to fire the head of Turkish emissary back to Constantinople? What kind of fuze is best, if said head is first emptied and then reloaded with powder?

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 9
France - 12/27/2002 2:57:47 AM   
Chiteng

The French Directory feels that its is beyond the proper
shpere of influence of French interests to suggest any remedy
to the 'Eastern Question'.

France shall rely upon the wisdom of Great Catherine and her
heirs to make such decisions.

As for the Polish question, surely Poland is an independant nation
not tasty confection?

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 10
Poland - 12/27/2002 3:08:16 AM   
mogami

Hi, I don't think Poland was in existance when EiA begins. My history of Poland is a bit rusty.
I believe between 1772 and 1795 the entire territory of the Kingdom of Poland was divided between Prussia, Austria and Russia. During those so-called Partitions of Poland, Prussia acquired the western regions of Poland, The southern Polish territories around Kraków and Lwów were incorporated into the Austrian Empire and renamed "Galicia". The central and eastern provinces of Poland were taken over by the Russian Empire.
My refering to the Polish question was merely to insure none of the three parties establish an indepentant Poland and that the three Nations insure no outside party attempts to do so.
If there exists at the start of EiA a Kingdom of Poland. Russia proposes to re-partition it along the 1772 lines. (Russia desires all her neighbors to have good goverment)
The Vistula River is the natural western border of Russia.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 11
hehehe - 12/27/2002 3:15:56 AM   
Chiteng

Well I assumed a 1792 scenario =) much more fun than 1805
because you DONT have to all beat up France or die.

In fact France is quite weak only Militia 5 cav no guards

She can barley handle Belgium alone.

The best leader is Dumurez(sp?) 3-3-1
This is the guy who deserted after a defeat rather than get beheaded.

France economic are all divided by two for some turns
because of incredibly poor harvests.

So as I said the other powers are free to pursue other
actions. Also note that France is not Dominant in 1792.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 12
1792 - 12/27/2002 3:51:01 AM   
Chiteng

I forgot, Russia has Suvarov in teh 1792 scenario.
5-5-3 and a Cav leader.

Russia is very dangerous in that Scenario.
However she doent have Ukraine Georgia or the Crimea.

So she is kinda obliged to attack the Turk.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 13
- 12/27/2002 4:00:43 AM   
sol_invictus

Bring it on Ivan.:D

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 14
Russia 1792-1815 - 12/27/2002 4:22:00 AM   
mogami

Hi, For me the most interesting action in the Napoleonic period is the Russian-Turkish war 1810. While not as popular in Western History it is very exciting and interesting. Russian Armies attempting to wrest the Balkans from the Ottomans. You have set battles and sieges. I would like nothing more then to capture
Constantinople. What this would do to European history in the next century is something to ponder. Great Britain's foreign policy after the Napoleonic period was one of propping up Turkey to prevent a continental power from having access to the middle east. A French Russian Alliance post Napoleon with Russian access to the middle East (in League with French middle eastern adventures) would certainly have led to some lively diplomatic events.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 15
Polen - 12/27/2002 3:06:04 PM   
Preuss

There is no Polish question as there is no Poland. Warsaw is just a large city in our Prussian homeland. As for the Ukraine, it would make a lovely addition to our eastern territories, should the Czarina be feeling overly aggressive. We know Alexander I has not the 'stones' for a real war.

As for France, any presence west of the Rhine would be viewed as a boil for lancing.

Jesus ...., with all respect. This closet germanism is allways killing me.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 16
- 12/27/2002 11:21:07 PM   
jnier

As Charles IV, the dim-witted ruler of Spain, I offer the services of my glorious fleet to highest bidder. Anyone interested in a Franco-Russian-Spanish expeditionary force to London?

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 17
- 12/30/2002 8:32:16 PM   
Reknoy

In the 1792 scenario France can ultimately get plenty tough (Hoche is a fine leader...and of course Nappy shows up). Dumouriez is something like 3-3-3...a pre-Soult. :)

Then you have Moreau. Also not bad.

But France is certainly not the big baddie of 1805...yet.

I like Turkey in 1792. Corps structure mostly unchanged; feudals still nice and strong (not sure if they have another for any reason, like Crimea).

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 18
Wisdom? - 12/31/2002 12:38:53 AM   
mogami

Hi, I do not think it wise for Prussia, Austria, and Russia to oppose one another.
They need to present a united front. If may require serious diplomatic efforts to agree on matters, but they should all try to come to an understanding of what is required for their mutual benefit. Time will conspire against them if they waste the early period fighting each other. Both Austria and Prussia need allies to survive. Great Britain is a nice ally however it is very difficult for them to provide support when and where it is most needed. Russia is the only nation in position to provide meaningful support.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 19
re: Mogami - 12/31/2002 12:52:42 AM   
Chiteng

Unless Russia allies with France?

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 20
- 12/31/2002 12:56:08 AM   
Reknoy

1805 campaign, though, right? Prussia/Austria is almost always a "must" for their mutual survival, but Russia comes in and goes out somewhat regularly from that equation.

It's actually what divides so many solid alliance opportunities. Russia wants Poland or the player is otherwise bored and goes to war with Prussia over the whole thing -- hoping the Austrian will look the other way while Prussia is brutalized for a few months.

In 1805 I typically suggest a Prusso/Austro/Russo alliance through at least the first, if not the second great war with France.

Basically, pound France twice hard and then everyone is on more equal footing. :)

It's another reason I like 1792. There is no mandatory bad guy. There are numerous possible major player (at least on the land) and Britain has even less of a stranglehold on the sea.

This leads to a more free-form style of diplomacy and not so repetitive.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 21
re: Agreed - 12/31/2002 1:07:08 AM   
Chiteng

!805 MUST show the entire world against France in a united front
until Napoleon is in exile. Otherwise, you will be very very sorry you didnt do that.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 22
- 12/31/2002 1:37:44 AM   
Reknoy

This, imo, is further support of the notion that a "grand campaign" should really start earlier than 1805.

Your point is totally well taken (and I largely agree), but in the end it's the nuances of dealing with the Russian, the Turk and the Spaniard that makes the job of the Brit that much tougher as the "ring leader" -- and that much more interesting imo for everyone involved.

Forcing Spanish help in these situations is always dicey, for example. No matter what anyone says, the Spanish are completely on their own once the wars end. It's an incredible alliance that holds up to protect Spain -- and even then a clever French player can circumvent the protections and still have a solid army and an unconditional waiting around the corner to recoup some political points.

Better perhaps to work at getting Spain a pesky conditional (maybe a nice minor country pick like Holland!) at the outset -- but then what's the point of having Spain involved in the first place?

The Turk is near impossible without strong support from the Russian and Austrian. Guaranteed peace on its borders might keep Turkey out of the war -- but that "guarantee" looks pretty flimsy later on.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 23
re: Turkey - 12/31/2002 1:43:23 AM   
Chiteng

I have seen Turkey win with a bid of '1'

He just dropped his economy thru the floor, and never went to war. He won EASY. His people we can assume loved him.

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 24
Turkey - 1/16/2003 8:39:47 AM   
martinmb

That is one of the biggest things that people forget about Turkey. If Turkey doesn't get involved in any wars then she is sure to win the game. It is up to the Russian and that Austrian to pick on the Turk, especially the Austrian, after the French have pounded him into the dust. I believe that a Austrian- Russian alliance is essential to the survival of Austrian goals. The Russians on the other hand could use the defeated Turks as a Political buffer against any possible French invasion. The more PP or VP that Russia has prompts the French that much closer to invading Russia.
This in itself gives France a problem. How many troops does Napoleon leave in France to protect its borders from say Spain and most definatly GB. The othe question that France must answer is how am I going to re-supply the French losses against the Russians. Don't forget that Russia could kick out as much as a full corp every three months, where as it would take France about 5 months to get reinforcements to the front. And those Russian winters, Brrrrrrr.
Just my thoughts on the subject.

Martinmb :cool:

(in reply to Chiteng)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> re: Mogami Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI