Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Players wanted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Players wanted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Players wanted - 1/14/2003 11:59:39 PM   
Wynter

Hi,

We are starting up an EiA PBEM game and still need four players.

Interested players can contact me at:
[email]orc.warlord@skynet.be[/email]

Cheers,
Jeroen.
Post #: 1
- 1/16/2003 2:02:12 PM   
martinmb

I am sure that there are many of us who would like to join. If you would like to consider me as the 7th player, time permitting, I would be interested in joining this experament. As to the selection of nations if it is random are we allowed to trade to try for the nation of our choice? If so I would like to be the Turkish player at least once.

Martinmb

(in reply to Wynter)
Post #: 2
- 1/16/2003 8:32:44 PM   
Wynter

Well.... for the moment we have five confirmed players, so there are only two places left. You'd better hurry and contact me if you want to join us. :)

We have decided to try to work out which player plays which country, so that everyone really feels 'at ease'.

Jeroen.

(in reply to Wynter)
Post #: 3
- 1/16/2003 10:05:00 PM   
Alex Gilbert

Hi, I had contacted you at your site above, but had not heard back, I was wondering if I had made it in under the wire?

Thanks

Alex.

(in reply to Wynter)
Post #: 4
- 1/16/2003 10:54:44 PM   
Alex Gilbert

Hmmm, just got the bounce message saying the mail was undeliverable. I will try again. If there is still space, I can be contacted at

[email]agilbert@caregroup.harvard.edu[/email]

Thanks

(in reply to Wynter)
Post #: 5
- 1/17/2003 4:41:31 AM   
Wynter

Our EiA game has seven players now, and is ready to begin... I'm sorry, Alex, you were number nine to apply :(

I'll try to give an update, like Martin does, on the proceedings of the game.

Cheers,
Jeroen.

(in reply to Wynter)
Post #: 6
- 4/2/2003 10:53:22 PM   
Reknoy

Hey all!

Wondering if anyone wanted an update of Ajaccio.........

As France, my views are obviously slanted, but we're in the month of September now and clipping along at a pace of a month per week! (it's the fastest paced PBeM game I have ever been involved in, and Jeroen De Vos gets my vote as GM of the century!)

I am a little pressed for time now, but will try to start a fresh post soon.

Some highlights:

French fleets escape to Constantinople, to hide their from British naval threat;

Turkey rapidly takes control of pieces needed to form the Ottoman (can form it this month!);

France/Prussia/Austria at peace for 1805 (so far!) -- each is taking its share of minors;

Russia DOWs Sweden (controlled by France). A minor setback in Stockholm leaves Sweden alive through June -- long enough for France to DOW Russia and French reinforcements to arrive in Sveaborg!!!). Massena leads two French corps and a Swedish corps to St. Pete and (one month later) takes the capital;

Russia and France come to peace (Russian conditional surrender, corps on loan and royal marriage, with Tuscany being ceded to Russia as part of the bargain);

French fleets in Constantinople sortie past British patrol outside the Dardanelles. Ensuing battle goes very poorly for Britain. 20+ British vessels are disabled to 3 French. 17 hulks go to Constantinople.

Turks (in an amazing move of complete treachery) break alliance with France and manage to claim about half of the hulks.

French fleets are fleeing at this moment to any safe haven (Nelson is mad and he's coming!!!).

(in reply to Wynter)
Post #: 7
- 4/3/2003 2:46:46 AM   
Wynter

Well, now, John... Giving praise to my superiour GM-ing skills won't influence the dice in any way :)

I'm planning on giving a full yearly report, so the 1805 report can be expected by the end of April.

Jeroen.

(in reply to Wynter)
Post #: 8
- 4/3/2003 3:27:05 AM   
Reknoy

I know, I know.

The deal is, though, that a good GM is TOTALLY hard to find.

(in reply to Wynter)
Post #: 9
- 4/14/2003 10:28:53 PM   
Grant US

As one of the players in this PMEM enterprise (my first), let me say the GM is doing a great job.

Tim/Kaiser

(in reply to Wynter)
Post #: 10
- 4/14/2003 10:42:51 PM   
Chiteng

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grant US
[B]As one of the players in this PMEM enterprise (my first), let me say the GM is doing a great job.

Tim/Kaiser [/B][/QUOTE]

What countries are left?

“It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.”

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest

"Statistic

(in reply to Wynter)
Post #: 11
- 4/14/2003 11:16:20 PM   
Reknoy

There are no current open positions, but I would think anyone could e-mail Wynter and indicate an interest in being an alternate.

Speaking from multiple PBEM experiences, it's good to have a couple alternates handy.

(in reply to Wynter)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Players wanted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI