Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie guidance

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Newbie guidance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie guidance - 9/27/2013 11:56:26 AM   
smudge56

Just going through manual not yet decided to buy but very close

As someone who has not been in the armed services can the system recommend the best loadout for specific targets?
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie guidance - 9/27/2013 1:20:13 PM   
JWNoctis

Wikipedia can be a source for general info about specific munitions and systems, though do not expect it to be always accurate.

The info contained in a platform's ingame database would usually be enough for a loadout's intended targets, although...I kind of miss specific entries to each munition types, which would have been very helpful for this, but that would likely take a long time as well as a lot of effort to compile and complete.

(in reply to smudge56)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie guidance - 9/27/2013 1:23:12 PM   
smudge56

I was just wondering if it explains what targets an ordnance would be good to use against. For people who are not experts.

(in reply to JWNoctis)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbie guidance - 9/27/2013 1:52:17 PM   
Primarchx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blighty56

... can the system recommend the best loadout for specific targets?

Sort of.

You can ask a unit to AUTOMATICALLY ATTACK a target(s), in which case it will choose an appropriate weapon and do so. This is similar to having a unit on an offensive Mission.

You can MANUALLY ATTACK and the weapons dialog will only show weapons that can engage the target, with those that aren't in parameters showing red text explaining why they can't be shot at the moment.

You can open the DB VIEWER and look at both the attacking and defending units' entries. On the attacker's side you can view weapons, see their range, valid targets and damage point info. On the defending side you can see how many damage points, armor and what type of unit it is.

From there you can go to various sources - Combat Fleets, Janes, Wikipedia, etc and whatever you find there will very likely also be modeled in Command!

< Message edited by Primarchx -- 9/27/2013 1:54:47 PM >

(in reply to smudge56)
Post #: 4
RE: Newbie guidance - 9/27/2013 1:55:33 PM   
smudge56

Cheers for that. Im no beginner but the last serious sim I played like this was sub command.

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 5
RE: Newbie guidance - 9/27/2013 5:00:05 PM   
NefariousKoel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blighty56

Cheers for that. Im no beginner but the last serious sim I played like this was sub command.

If you can learn Sub Command, you can learn this one.

The F1 command will tell your selected unit to automatically attack a target with the appropriate weapons. If it's not in range, it will get there in order to attack.

You can also check the unit's database page, and look at each of it's Weapon entries. Those specify which types of targets they can attack (Air, Surface, Sub, Land (Mobile), etc).

Also, I believe if you give a manual attack order, and try to tell it to attack with a specific weapon, that page will tell you what restrictions there are related to the weapon & target. If it's only out of range then you can still allocate, but if it's the wrong target type it will tell you.

(in reply to smudge56)
Post #: 6
RE: Newbie guidance - 9/27/2013 5:05:59 PM   
smudge56

Cheers thanks for that.

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 7
RE: Newbie guidance - 9/27/2013 6:59:33 PM   
Tomcat84

Yeah if you have a vague idea like: I think an F-16 probably should be able to attack this kind of target, you can open the F-16 DB entry and see a list of all its weapons and each one will list suitable targets like hard structure, vehicle, etc.

(in reply to smudge56)
Post #: 8
RE: Newbie guidance - 9/27/2013 7:37:44 PM   
smudge56

Excellent thanks all for that info.

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Newbie guidance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI