Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft attack profiles; is there a better way?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Aircraft attack profiles; is there a better way? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft attack profiles; is there a better way? - 9/28/2013 7:40:44 PM   
IPWinsor

So I am doing the aircraft ops tutorial and I create an SEAD mission and assign the A-7's with the Shrikes.

My question is, am I supposed to be micromanaging the aircraft's altitude during the attack run, or am I doing something wrong? Left to their own devices, the A-7s will attack for 40,000 feet and stay there, making them and easy SAM target. If they continue to press the attack with the cluster bombs, they stay at 40k feet, so they cannot drop the bombs. I am thinking they should be smart enough to make these changes on their own.

If I decide that I do not want them to press on with the CBUs, and I RTB them, the start heading home but then turn around and head back to the target. What am I doing wrong?

The altitude adjustment screen could use a few radio buttons for Very Low, Low, Medium, etc, and perhaps a box to type in a specific altitude.

Thanks for any guidance.

Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft attack profiles; is there a better way? - 9/28/2013 8:13:59 PM   
miller7219

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and uhhh yes :)

Unfortunately the manual control functions of Command are not perfect either. You'll have to micromanage the best you can with the UI tools you have for your forces to survive.

Yeah, there are some shortcomings definitely, and I think the Command folks are listening.

(in reply to IPWinsor)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft attack profiles; is there a better way? - 9/28/2013 8:28:57 PM   
mikmykWS

I think the issue is the mixed loadout. The aircraft are behaving correctly be meeting the shrikes launch envelope by not dropping once expended to meet the CBU's. We're taking a look at this.

Mike

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 9/28/2013 8:31:00 PM >

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft attack profiles; is there a better way? - 9/28/2013 11:05:23 PM   
IPWinsor

OK, thanks. I am thinking they should cruise to the target at low alt, then pop-up to attack, then get back down on the deck.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft attack profiles; is there a better way? - 9/28/2013 11:09:10 PM   
mikmykWS

D and Rag are going to kill me for saying this but we are looking at more than one profile for a weapon in the game. This involves a million more hours or research and data entry so it will be a process. Worth it in the end though.

Mike

(in reply to IPWinsor)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft attack profiles; is there a better way? - 9/28/2013 11:45:45 PM   
IPWinsor

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

D and Rag are going to kill me for saying this but we are looking at more than one profile for a weapon in the game. This involves a million more hours or research and data entry so it will be a process. Worth it in the end though.

Mike

Go for it!!

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft attack profiles; is there a better way? - 9/28/2013 11:48:48 PM   
Pii

quote:

ORIGINAL: miller7219

Unfortunately the manual control functions of Command are not perfect either. You'll have to micromanage the best you can with the UI tools you have for your forces to survive.

Yeah, there are some shortcomings definitely, and I think the Command folks are listening.

I tried to lower some f14's alt down from 40,000 but the slider would just jump back to 40,000. Is there a reason for that?

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 7
RE: Aircraft attack profiles; is there a better way? - 9/29/2013 12:25:39 AM   
kaburke61

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pii

quote:

I tried to lower some f14's alt down from 40,000 but the slider would just jump back to 40,000. Is there a reason for that?

Were they evading? I know when "automatic evasion" was checked, I couldn't get them to change course or speed where I wanted (it would revert). I adjusted that, and no problem.

(in reply to Pii)
Post #: 8
RE: Aircraft attack profiles; is there a better way? - 9/29/2013 2:04:29 AM   
Maromak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pii

quote:

Sounds like the F-14s are assigned to a mission if they won't respond to altitude changes on command. Try hitting 'U' to unassign them from their current task. Warning: Hitting 'U' will also likely remove the selected aircraft from it current assigned mission. They can be re-added via the right-click menu.

Certa Cito

(in reply to Pii)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Aircraft attack profiles; is there a better way? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI