Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircrafts back to readying state

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircrafts back to readying state Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircrafts... - 10/2/2013 1:17:58 PM   
Ricky75

In the Air Tutorial had a little bug (vanilla and beta 438).
All 7E Corsairs IIs with AGM-45B Heavy loadout are marked as ready.
When I select "Launch individually" they switch to "Taxiing to take off", after a while all 6 switch to "Taking off" and take off later. Afterwards I can group them as group of 6 planes.

If I restart the szenario and do the same but click on "Launch as group" they also switch to "Taxiing to take off". After a while all 6 switch to "Taking off". And then they lift off as assembled group.

But for some reason, when there is other traffic on the airport and I select "Lauch aus group" 2 planes of the group will not launch but switch back to "Readying" with 6 hours.

For me this seems like a logic-bug. If the plane is already taxiing but the runway is blocked it is sent back to the hangar (this might be ok) - but in the hangar it is completly refittet (and this might the bug)

I have this effect the most time if I run the szenario as requested by the hints and try to launch the aircrafts for a SEAD patrol as a group

Ricky

PS: Seems to be the same effect as mentioned in the thread "Aircraft go 'readying' while ordered to launch"

< Message edited by Ricky75 -- 10/2/2013 1:21:49 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircr... - 10/2/2013 2:28:17 PM   
Dimitris

In the latter case, was there another aircraft on landing approach or taxiing just after landing?

In order to avoid traffic jams on the landing pattern (leading to aircraft running out of fuel while waiting for the runway to clear so they can begin their approach), the "air ops crew" will sometimes attempt to open up a transit point (in this case taxiway) at any cost, including ordering a departing aircraft back to its parking spot.

If that's the case, I think we probably need to add a switch that allows such "ready but aborted" aircraft to maintain their ready status without having to go through the multi-hour process again.

(in reply to Ricky75)
Post #: 2
RE: BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircr... - 10/2/2013 3:38:45 PM   
mjk428

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

If that's the case, I think we probably need to add a switch that allows such "ready but aborted" aircraft to maintain their ready status without having to go through the multi-hour process again.

Yes, please. That would be great.

I love the detail but playing Air Traffic Controller on top of everything else makes the idea of anything but small scenarios too daunting.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircr... - 10/2/2013 3:48:47 PM   
mattpenfold

I setup a scenario which showed some odd behaviour during the taxi and takeoff phase.

I ordered 6 Tornados to launch using the Group launch option. They all started to taxi to the runway. When they got to the runway, two began to take off but the other four started taxiing to the runway again, and then two of those took off and the remaining two started taxiing to the runway again!

(in reply to mjk428)
Post #: 4
RE: BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircr... - 10/2/2013 3:52:43 PM   
Dimitris

Here's what is happening: All 6 aircraft are in "taxiing to the runway" status while they are on the taxiways. One this process ends, the first two enter the runway. Until these two take off, the rest cannot enter the runway because it is fully occupied. So thy remain in "taxiing to the runway" status until the runway clears. Same when the second pair enters the runway.

Is it clearer now?

(in reply to mattpenfold)
Post #: 5
RE: BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircr... - 10/2/2013 4:02:48 PM   
mattpenfold

I get that, but it does slow up the process of getting the aircraft away. They take a bit under 4 mins each time they go into "to taxi to the runway" mode, yet the runway is clear with about 1 mins. In reality the next aircraft will be moving into position on the runway as soon as the previous aircraft is rolling.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 6
RE: BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircr... - 10/2/2013 4:13:47 PM   
Dimitris

Correct, and that is also taken into account. When the aircraft holding on the taxiway rechecks if the runway has cleared so that it can move-in, it does so at (IIRC) 15-sec intervals, not the original e.g. 3.30 min value of traversing the taxiway.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 10/2/2013 4:18:10 PM >

(in reply to mattpenfold)
Post #: 7
RE: BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircr... - 10/2/2013 4:28:43 PM   
mattpenfold

Thanks Sunburn, that is much clearer.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 8
RE: BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircr... - 10/2/2013 4:51:57 PM   
Ricky75

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

In the latter case, was there another aircraft on landing approach or taxiing just after landing?

In order to avoid traffic jams on the landing pattern (leading to aircraft running out of fuel while waiting for the runway to clear so they can begin their approach), the "air ops crew" will sometimes attempt to open up a transit point (in this case taxiway) at any cost, including ordering a departing aircraft back to its parking spot.

I think this is the case. But esp. when you select Launch as Group, they should not go back to the hangar and wait there - they should depart as soon as possible to joint the waiting group - of course landing planes have priority.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 9
RE: BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircr... - 10/21/2013 11:52:31 AM   
Dimitris

bump

(in reply to Ricky75)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> BUG: Launching aircrafts in groups sends some aircrafts back to readying state Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI